Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Do you guys pay for playing?

Hey everyone,

Just wondering how many people play there machines on free play Vs actually putting in say 40c a credit?

The reason I ask is I am about to start restoring a cab soon ( If I can find one ) and in the mean time I am playing a few games of mame to test out what PCB boards I might want to get.

Now it seems to me that it isn't quite a fun have unlimited credits in some games. It was always a challenge when I was a kid to see how far I could get on 40cents or even three credits for a $1.

I will be charging my mates!

My pins are all on free play. My video cabinets all have a credit button and I like to disable continue play wherever I can, to make it more of a challenge. I have young kids who love playing my arcade video games and coins would be a disaster waiting to happen with them.

When i have 5-10 mates over all playing on my machines.. even then i will never charge them. I would feel so cheap regardless if its to stop credit feeding.

IMO its best to set each game up accordingly.

e.g i put DoDonPachi on all default settings with no continue

nba jam machine is made so a full game can be played with 2 min quarters (i think)

mk2 machine pretty much default on freeplay with no continues

i adjust settings on each neo geo cart to make em good

raidens are set to no continues

etc etc :)

Mine are all freeplay.

Had the Tales pin on coins for a while just to hear the crypt keeper talking when you enter a coin, but it got annoying (putting in coins) after a while.

Same for NBA jam. That thing takes a mint at the best of times so free play is much easier