You think you know somebody ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think you know somebody ....

My wife and I took my godson to King Pin Bowling Lounge in Melbourne Central yesterday for 2 games of bowling and some games on the arcade machines. We played Daytona 2, Cruisin' USA, Point Blank and a really shit Horse Racing game (no instructions provided, I didn't know what the hell I was doing!). Then just before we were ready to leave, my wife spots the 2 cocktail machines and asks me for some money. I say to her "I didn't think you liked arcade machines" to which she replies "Oh no, I don't like the ones you have, but I LOVE the cocktail machines". I was shocked! There I've been, all this time trying to convince her to have a game on my upright machines and never getting anywhere, when all I needed to do was buy a cocktail machine. She says that when she was 10 her father used to take her & her friend to the pub and leave her playing Donkey Kong and Pac-Man on the cocktail machine while he drank with his mates. He knew the owner so they got the games for free and were there for hours. Well now I am aware of this, it changes my tact altogether. There is a chance of a games room full of cocktail machines yet!

Matthew

Women are strange...

Comment

LOL so there IS hope.... I must... find... my... wifes... weakness.

(relating to Arcade machines, that is)
      My Projects
      sigpic

Comment

never once said "why don't you buy a cocktail/sit down?"

[As an aside my partner is a big fan of pinball and arcade so I am extremely lucky]
        Ric
        looking for:
        the baseboard for a Gottlieb Royal Guard
        Zaccaria Devil Riders Backglass
        Williams OXO, GTB Volcano

Comment

Originally posted by Ric View Post
          never once said "why don't you buy a cocktail/sit down?"
          Me or her? I never thought to ask, and god knows why she never thought to tell me

Matthew

Comment

my misses wants me to buy a cocktail cab, but I prefer uprights!
            (and cocktails cost alot more generally)

Comment

Originally posted by Fish Tales!! View Post
              my misses wants me to buy a cocktail cab, but I prefer uprights!
              (and cocktails cost alot more generally)
              I prefer whatever I am allowed to have

At least if I add a cocktail machine to my collection I can make use of the caroma stools that are sitting idle under the pinball machine

Matthew

Comment

wow. i'm glad i wasnt the only kid left in the corner of a pub full of strangers playing Galaga...
                My WANTED list...
                Bubble Bobble PCB - Your love
                Many Thanks to SectionZ
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BettyCrocker1942 View Post
                  wow. i'm glad i wasnt the only kid left in the corner of a pub full of strangers playing Galaga...
                  no but does that explain anything about you?

Comment

But my wife had a friend with her

Matthew

Comment

I used to get left in the pub too at a really young age... but I don't recall any arcades, so I played with these little translucent animals that the bartender would put on the rim of all the glasses.

That, and those little umbrellas.
                      My Projects
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dmworking247 View Post
                        I used to get left in the pub too at a really young age... but I don't recall any arcades, so I played with these little translucent animals that the bartender would put on the rim of all the glasses.

That, and those little umbrellas.
                        At a really young age, there were lots of things to entertain you in a pub - peanuts, stubby caps, cigarette butts, fingernails - those troughs were always full of interesting things for small hands

Matthew

Comment

Would have been nice if she told you she loved cocktails in the first place though hey?

I am extermely fortunate that my missus loves Pinball and Arcade or I wouldn't have half so much gear as I do now.

Me too!

I was lucky though 'cause my parents used to go to the Scarborough Hotel (or "Snake Pit" as it was more commonly known) and I would just bug everyone till they gave me a few bucks and head down to the beach front that was chock full of Pinnie Palours. Those were the days

Comment

Originally posted by elkor-alish View Post
                            Would have been nice if she told you she loved cocktails in the first place though hey?
                            Yep, but I think with my other passion being cars she probably felt that keeping it a secret would curb my expenditure enough so that I could afford my dream car instead of whinging about not having it. Now the cat is out of the bag and I want the car and the cocktail

Matthew

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X