Aussie Arcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Arcade

More to come. Thanks to jumpydoctor for the material.

The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

I just got a chubby, looking forward to hearing more.

Comment

Which mag did it come from Ian?

I'm sure I've seen it before but don't know where.

I have 2 copies of an old mag called "How to play Space Invaders" which was Aussie produced, it may have been from there.
      www.ozstick.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by OzStick
        Which mag did it come from Ian?

I'm sure I've seen it before but don't know where.

I have 2 copies of an old mag called "How to play Space Invaders" which was Aussie produced, it may have been from there.
        Your 100% correct Chris.

Comment

As an aside, that Indy 800 machine brings back the thought that out at the Birdwood Motor Museum in SA there is/was a collection of pinballs (mainly EM) and video games and they had an Indy 800 there.....

Anyone been there recently and can you confirm if the collection is still there? If so then I urge anyone in Adelaide to go check it out one weekend.

Cheers,
          Chris
          www.ozstick.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by The Pinny Parlour
            Your 100% correct Chris.
            Wow - what a guess!!!

Does your copy still have the big red poster stapled in the middle of it? I have one with and one without - I used to have one on my bedroom wall.
            www.ozstick.com.au

Comment

Wow - what a guess!!!

Does your copy still have the big red poster stapled in the middle of it? I have one with and one without - I used to have one on my bedroom wall.

No it's not there. It is on loan from jumpydoctor. I will be scanning up the whole book and putting it in PDF format available for download, (until I get a letter from the owner telling me to remove it, or a copyright notice). There are some sweet images of LAI cabinets in it.

Comment

I was thinking of selling the one without the poster - eBay a good place???
                www.ozstick.com.au

Comment

I was thinking of selling the one without the poster - eBay a good place???

I'll buy it
                  PM sent

Comment

That looks awesome. When were these places around? Where was the one in Sydney? I'd love to see a place like this again. With a name like "Flashback" it would be even more appropriate now. An arcade with no Dance Dance Revolution - bliss!

Comment

Comment

Isnt that the chick from Debbie Does Dallas? That IS a flashback
                        ...maybe, but then again "maybe" covers a lot of things, like: maybe Michael Jackson really is LaToya in drag, or maybe if Dorothy clicks her heels 3 times and says "There's no place like home" while she is at home, she would telefrag herself..." - MadMikeAU

| My | |

Comment

When Jeff sees that Indy 800 he'll just about wet himself.

So the big question is we had some nice dedicated cabs, where the **** are they all? They couldn't all have been scraped and used as landfill.

Comment

Great images. LAI did some good looking machines

Comment

As an aside, that Indy 800 machine brings back the thought that out at the Birdwood Motor Museum in SA there is/was a collection of pinballs (mainly EM) and video games and they had an Indy 800 there.....

Anyone been there recently and can you confirm if the collection is still there? If so then I urge anyone in Adelaide to go check it out one weekend.

Cheers,
                              Chris
                              that stuff at BIRDWOOD was all mine, not up there now though as pulled the games out a couple of years ago
                              was very happy for the run i got as i put on the "PINBALL WIZARDRY" exhibition starting boxing day 1997 and was supposed to run for only 5 weeks, ended up having the display there for 5 years
                              for anyone who missed it i put the display on as a celebration of 50 years of flippers being introduced to pinball machines and had about 30 em pins ON FREEPLAY for 5 weeks,
                              after that was over they went to coins
                              did anyone one here get any good photos or vids of that event

the driving game i had up there wasnt an INDY 800 chris but a FISCO 400 , have included a couple of pics, it is the actual one that some of you local guys may have played as a kid when it was at TILT in the city

When Jeff sees that Indy 800 he'll just about wet himself
                              almost, i nearly fell off my chair, awesome photo and i hadnt seen that one before,thanks

atari "SPRINT 8 " wanted to buy from anywhere in the world (preferably australia though) any condition and help much appreciated

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X