Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aussie Arcade

Which mag did it come from Ian?

I'm sure I've seen it before but don't know where.

I have 2 copies of an old mag called "How to play Space Invaders" which was Aussie produced, it may have been from there.

As an aside, that Indy 800 machine brings back the thought that out at the Birdwood Motor Museum in SA there is/was a collection of pinballs (mainly EM) and video games and they had an Indy 800 there.....

Anyone been there recently and can you confirm if the collection is still there? If so then I urge anyone in Adelaide to go check it out one weekend.

Cheers,

Chris

Your 100% correct Chris.

Wow - what a guess!!!

Does your copy still have the big red poster stapled in the middle of it? I have one with and one without - I used to have one on my bedroom wall.

Wow - what a guess!!!

Does your copy still have the big red poster stapled in the middle of it? I have one with and one without - I used to have one on my bedroom wall.

No it's not there. It is on loan from jumpydoctor. I will be scanning up the whole book and putting it in PDF format available for download, (until I get a letter from the owner telling me to remove it, or a copyright notice). There are some sweet images of LAI cabinets in it.

That looks awesome. When were these places around? Where was the one in Sydney? I'd love to see a place like this again. With a name like "Flashback" it would be even more appropriate now. An arcade with no Dance Dance Revolution - bliss!

When Jeff sees that Indy 800 he'll just about wet himself.

So the big question is we had some nice dedicated cabs, where the fuck are they all? They couldn't all have been scraped and used as landfill.

As an aside, that Indy 800 machine brings back the thought that out at the Birdwood Motor Museum in SA there is/was a collection of pinballs (mainly EM) and video games and they had an Indy 800 there.....

Anyone been there recently and can you confirm if the collection is still there? If so then I urge anyone in Adelaide to go check it out one weekend.

Cheers,

Chris

that stuff at BIRDWOOD was all mine, not up there now though as pulled the games out a couple of years ago

was very happy for the run i got as i put on the "PINBALL WIZARDRY" exhibition starting boxing day 1997 and was supposed to run for only 5 weeks, ended up having the display there for 5 years

for anyone who missed it i put the display on as a celebration of 50 years of flippers being introduced to pinball machines and had about 30 em pins ON FREEPLAY for 5 weeks,

after that was over they went to coins

did anyone one here get any good photos or vids of that event :unsure

the driving game i had up there wasnt an INDY 800 chris but a FISCO 400 , have included a couple of pics, it is the actual one that some of you local guys may have played as a kid when it was at TILT in the city

When Jeff sees that Indy 800 he'll just about wet himself

almost, i nearly fell off my chair, awesome photo and i hadnt seen that one before,thanks:D :D

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~jeffiseverywhere/fisco2.JPG

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~jeffiseverywhere/fisco3.JPG

that stuff at BIRDWOOD was all mine, not up there now though as pulled the games out a couple of years ago

was very happy for the run i got as i put on the "PINBALL WIZARDRY" exhibition starting boxing day 1997 and was supposed to run for only 5 weeks, ended up having the display there for 5 years

for anyone who missed it i put the display on as a celebration of 50 years of flippers being introduced to pinball machines and had about 30 em pins ON FREEPLAY for 5 weeks,

after that was over they went to coins

did anyone one here get any good photos or vids of that event :unsure

the driving game i had up there wasnt an INDY 800 chris but a FISCO 400 , have included a couple of pics, it is the actual one that some of you local guys may have played as a kid when it was at TILT in the city

So they were all yours??? What an awesome collection. It must have been Christmas 1997 when we were there then, because I gave quite a few of the pinnies a go and I recall vividly that they were all on freeplay. We visit Adelaide every other Xmas as my parents live there, so that would all make sense.

I didn't get any pics though, sorry.

"Fisco 400" - what a weird name!

Cheers,

Chris

We had a few in Flackbacks in Melbourne.The best one was the one next to Mac donalds.It was huge and was always flat out with people having a good time.That where i spent my youth.Aaahhh the 80"s where good.I loved playing Segas Space harrier.God the amount of money i feed that machine was amazing.

does anyone on here from W.A. remember seeing/playing a SPRINT 8 (not an INDY 800) in the late 70s-80s as i heard that at least one SPRINT 8 was brought there by LAI but have yet to track i down :cry

I actually knew which mag that first pic came from as I have a copy in the other room, I thought oh hell I know this one. Seems OzStick did too!

Glad to see that it has been scanned, I had planned on doing it to my copy for a long time. Thanks for the dowload 'The Pinny Parlour'.

Mine hasn't got the free poster, don't remember ever having it on the wall, I should have a poke around at my Dad's to see if I can find it.

Oh, and I never did learn how to beat Space Invaders!

Daring33

Is this still being seeded?

Did this mag have the story about the Space Invader..A sort of story from the perspective of an invader..a big human glaring at them as he and his buddies try to survive.?

Great Pics! on the thread

• 5 months later...