Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OHN5 - Australian Fighting Game Nationals - Sydney July 1st-2nd

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OHN5 - Australian Fighting Game Nationals - Sydney July 1st-2nd

    Not sure if this is the correct place for this thread, so please move it mods if it is.

    The OzHadou Nationals return for their 5th year!

    OzHadou.net presents the 5th year of its national fighting game tournament held in Sydney on July 1st-2nd. Running over two days and featuring games such as Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (arcade), Marvel vs Capcom 2, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (arcade), Super Street Fighter II: Turbo (arcade), Guilty Gear XX Slash, Capcom vs SNK 2, Super Smash Bros Melee and more! Players will once again gather from all over Australia to determine who is down under's finest in addition to guests from Hong Kong, New Zealand and more.

    For more information, including a full games list, rules, schedule and venue information, please visit the website at: http://www.ozhadou.net/ohn5
    Last edited by TSC; 10th June 2006, 04:11 PM.

  • #2
    Guilty Gear XX Slash!!!!! Im there

    Time to fire up the naomi and get some practice in! There isn't going to be a War-zard comp by any chance?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Berty
      There isn't going to be a War-zard comp by any chance?
      We are going to have a large BYOC (Bring your own console or cabinet for some) where people are welcome to run unofficial tournaments for whatever games they want to. At the moment I know there are going to be an Xmen vs SF tourney, KOF 02 and KOF XI tournaments in the BYOC section. We hope to provide about 20 TV's ourselves and are counting on the community to bring more of their own as well. (So that means brining their own consoles, TV's etc) We will have security on hand so everything will be safe anyway.

      So yeah, I encourage anyone coming to try bring a TV, console, supergun or even cabinet - for those wanting to bring cabinets within Sydney I can provide free transport costs so it wont cost anything.

      If anyone has any questions feel free to post here or PM me.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TSC
        We are going to have a large BYOC (Bring your own console or cabinet for some) where people are welcome to run unofficial tournaments for whatever games they want to.
        Man... I'm so temtped to bring a SNES and a copy of TMNT:TF. In an era of utterly shit fighting games and using a done-to-death license, it was one game which blew me away for actually being a damned fun game.

        The SRK kids are organising casual tourneys for it lately, and it's made me fire up my SNES and have a whirl again. Awesome stuff!

        Whip out ZSNES and have a go to see what I mean. ZSNES's sound is a little off, but the gameplay is fine.
        | |

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by elvis
          Man... I'm so temtped to bring a SNES and a copy of TMNT:TF. In an era of utterly shit fighting games and using a done-to-death license, it was one game which blew me away for actually being a damned fun game.

          The SRK kids are organising casual tourneys for it lately, and it's made me fire up my SNES and have a whirl again. Awesome stuff!

          Whip out ZSNES and have a go to see what I mean. ZSNES's sound is a little off, but the gameplay is fine.
          Seriously, if you want to bring that game and play it in the BYOC go right ahead. I am sure this year will bring a unique assortment of people out to this event. Lots of "odd" or not-so-traditional fighting games and non-fighting games will be played in the BYOC. The BYOC section will be most interesting as there always ends up being alot people who come just to play casuals, not enter the tournaments.

          Comment


          • #6
            Bump, just a reminder that the event is still on and is only a few weeks away! Hope to see some Aussiearcade people there!

            Comment


            • #7
              Just thought I would add, we have updated a prize section at OHN5. We will be awarding a BRAND NEW Marvel vs Capcom 2 US Naomi kit to the "Best Capcom player" which is a prize determined by the players results in all 4 Capcom singles events. (3rd Strike, Super Turbo, Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK 2) This prize was donated by Trieu over at arcadeshock.com/snk-capcom.com.

              http://www.ozhadou.net/ohn5/index.php
              http://www.ozhadou.net/ohn5/games.php

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TSC
                Just thought I would add, we have updated a prize section at OHN5. We will be awarding a BRAND NEW Marvel vs Capcom 2 US Naomi kit to the "Best Capcom player" which is a prize determined by the players results in all 4 Capcom singles events. (3rd Strike, Super Turbo, Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK 2) This prize was donated by Trieu over at arcadeshock.com/snk-capcom.com.

                http://www.ozhadou.net/ohn5/index.php
                http://www.ozhadou.net/ohn5/games.php
                Holy Crap!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  ths fkn awesome!! i may have to enter just more than 3s and ST.

                  Comment


                  • #10


                    Poo. I can't make it this year. I'll definitely be there next year without fail!
                    | |

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That's some pretty impressive prizes. If:

                      a) It was held in Perth, and
                      b) I was better at fighting games

                      I would go. Got slaughtered in KoF '02 today by some asian teenager.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by revolt
                        Got slaughtered in KoF '02 today by some asian teenager.
                        I suck at SNK games. I hold my own at modern Capcom games, and am yet to be defeated at the oldschool stuff.
                        | |

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I suck at SNK games. I hold my own at modern Capcom games, and am yet to be defeated at the oldschool stuff.
                          I like to think I am reasonable at KoF series, but I always go the Art of FIghting characters, who are not in strongest characters in '02. I really suck at any SF besides the SF2 series.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Bump. OHN5 begins this Friday night at Galaxy World with the Tekken 5 DR competition. The UTS Venue then opens Saturday morning at 9am and closes at 12am midnight. 15 hours! (Same times with Sunday)

                            We will have 2 VS City cabinets there along with 6 Astro City's... not to mention 30+ TV's all set up for tournament and casual use. If you are a fighting game fan - especially one in Sydney - I recommend you make the effort and come down.

                            More info here (Schedule, location, cost, games etc): http://www.ozhadou.net/ohn5

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The OHN5 DVD is now available to own. Priced at the very low cost of only $30AUD, the OHN5 DVD has 3 discs jam packed with the following:

                              Disc 1 - 3rd Strike Singles [Pool Highlights and Final 8]
                              Disc 2 - 3rd Strike Sydney vs. Melbourne 5on5, CvS2 Finals, MvC2 Finals
                              Disc 3 - KOF XI Finals, GGXX Slash Finals, XvSF Finals, The Road to OHN5 Special Feature, OHN5 Photo Album

                              For more information, including how you can order the DVD, please visit the OHN5 DVD page!

                              If you have any questions please PM me or EMAIL me.

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X