Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New Website!

Hi All,

I got bored and decided to rejig our website again.

To make it easier for everyone I have implemented a Shopping Cart so you can just drop in all the parts you want to order and get a running total, then select your delivery/payment method and submit the order. The process is all automated so no more delays in waiting for me to reply manually to your order, and you also know exactly what the cost to you will be BEFORE you submit it.

It's a dislike of mine that many shopping cart sites require you to create an account and log in before you can 'shop', so as a result our cart DOES NOT make you do that.

Specials will be offered form time to time - the next to come up will be Illuminated pushbuttons with LED globes for a nice price, in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, take a look around and very imporantly, let me know if anything seems amiss!

As always, the website is at http://www.ozstick.com.au

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Garuda,

The supplier we were using for our overlay no longer sells it, which is a real pain! We have an alternate source but I am not entirely happy with their pricing, so I am holding out to find someone "better". I am negotiating with the main distributor of the material at the moment, but if that looks like it will take too long, we will obtain a limited amount from the other supplier so at least we can start selling it again.

We are keen to get different colours if possible - the stuff is mainly used in the furniture industry and there are some nice woodgrain patterns and colours available, but I'm still waiting to find out if the textured patter we have been stocking is made in other colours.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Chris

Hey Chris, love the site redo.

Got a question for you: I constantly get mates wanting XBox and PS2 joysticks for fighters and whatnot. Any chance of adding console sticks to your product line?

I've pushed a fair few PC/MAME users in your direction (I spammed you plenty on OCAU), but for newer titles folks are using console ports for mini home tourneys and are looking for decent sticks. I know one Melbourne fella who went as far as buying a (very expensive) stick from Byrdo in the states! But I'd love to be able to send a few folks your way if you made such things.

Give us a hollar if you ever decide to go for it.

Hi Garuda,

The supplier we were using for our overlay no longer sells it, which is a real pain! We have an alternate source but I am not entirely happy with their pricing, so I am holding out to find someone "better". I am negotiating with the main distributor of the material at the moment, but if that looks like it will take too long, we will obtain a limited amount from the other supplier so at least we can start selling it again.

We are keen to get different colours if possible - the stuff is mainly used in the furniture industry and there are some nice woodgrain patterns and colours available, but I'm still waiting to find out if the textured patter we have been stocking is made in other colours.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Chris

Sounds good. I wouldn't mind getting some plain blue overlay but black would still be my second choice. I like the look of the textured overlay better also. What do they use it for in the furniture industry? All I could think of was desk tops.

Sounds good. I wouldn't mind getting some plain blue overlay but black would still be my second choice. I like the look of the textured overlay better also. What do they use it for in the furniture industry? All I could think of was desk tops.

I agree, the textured finish gives a very nice feel and it doesn't get slippery like a smooth surface does when your hands start sweating (which doesn't take long on a smooth surface).

They have a very broad range of the stuff, mainly in woodgrain with different grains and timber colours for use with desks, tables, bookcases etc. I understand they also do a textured marble type pattern in different colours so I'm keen to get a few samples to see what it looks like.

It is available in 610mm or 1220mm widths, which presents the possibility of covering an entire cabinet with it using the wider stock, so if you wanted a timber or marble look cabinet you could have it.

The more people that show interest increases the likelihood that we'll consider stocking a 'variety' of overlay, so everyone get on board and may just have to produce the goods!

Cheers,

Chris

Hi All,

- the next to come up will be Illuminated pushbuttons with LED globes for a nice price, in a couple of weeks.

Excellant! Are you going to stock the ice buttons like the Groovygamegear ones? I will hold off purchasing them if you are.

Much better with the shopping cart too..

Regards Ben

Excellant! Are you going to stock the ice buttons like the Groovygamegear ones? I will hold off purchasing them if you are.

Much better with the shopping cart too..

Regards Ben

Thanks Ben,

It will be at least a couple of months for us to start sourcing any new items as I am still looking into what we can get!

We will not be getting buttons like the Electric Ice ones - ours will be more like that shown in the attachment. The Ice buttons are awesome, but the cost adds up big time when you consider you need to add a microswitch, LED and pay for shipping.

TransBtns.jpg.eeba6e6b2263b2cff2f74f565cad693f.jpg

I can find out whether the buttons shown in the pic are available with DIMPLE tops as well as domed and we could always do some experimenting to see how they look with an LED inserted.

Another alternative may be to have an arrangement with GroovyGameGear for us to supply Electric Ice buttons in Aus........

All this would take time though, so if you are itchy for them maybe you should scratch!

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Berty,

Sorry, I somehow missed this post!

We will have more of the buttons shown earlier in this thread in a couple of months, possibly earlier, but this depends on a few factors I won't bore you with right now......

Cheers,

Chris