Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Genuine cab vs mame cab sales

Now I know the genuine cab is authentic etc but I will still ask the question.

Why, does a genuine arcade game with all internals and a working board and monitor, sell for pretty much 1000+ most times, but a mame cab with a genuine arcade monitor etc and able to run several thousand games struggle to sell for 500+.

Essentially the mame cab, whilst not being totally 100% original looking, has the versatility to play many, many more games than an original cab and still give that arcade nostalgia.

I just think they sell too cheaply. You would be struggling to make a mame cab for the price they sell for. Is there really just too small a demand for this sort of thing?

because a MAME box cant make money. If ou have a original you can charge people the money to play it.

Charge people a buck to play Galaga or Donkey Kong? There sure is a lot of money to be made.

$Ching Ching$

No but seriously, most of the public wouldn't know nostalgia if it walked up and shat on their face.

It's like anything.... What would you prefer: a genuine HSV or a commodore with a HSV body kit?

Smit

But its more like Genuine HSV, or HSV with body kit that can transform into any model HSV, switch between a 4cyl V6, a V8, and a S/C Engine, change into any colour paint and drive as well as any one of the 1000 car combinations it can manage, its a murkier water.

yes, the genuine hsv is a genuine hsv, but the other can do SO much, even if its not genuine.. :badgrin