PDA

View Full Version : Buyer question for a gottlieb Freddy

Tim_81
16th February 2019, 03:13 PM
Hi all first time post I was just wondering how much a Freddy Kruger pin in fair condition goes for these days. There is one on offer for 5k that looks like itís no LED just globes , possible boiler room door issue and god knows what else. I have only seen a 10second video of it in working order.
Iím interested in buying one as I am a big Freddy fan and I am also aware that itís not a particularly loved game. I have a gottlieb mario bros at home which I really like had it for 6 years so I guess I am accustomed to itís tank like feel that I hear they all have.
Thanks

Boots
16th February 2019, 03:32 PM
There are a lot of better games out there for $5000

Berty
16th February 2019, 03:36 PM
$2.5k.

Noob-A-Tron
16th February 2019, 04:15 PM
2.5k for a piece of crap or about 5k for a really nice one, And i have not seen many nice ones put it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

There are a lot of better games out there for $5000

Not if you like the Theme

- - - Updated - - -

I'll break your fingers next time love the call outs on this game

- - - Updated - - -

I'm Home What's For Dinner

jason1
16th February 2019, 05:06 PM
Rule of thumb, If its a later Gottlieb, $500 or keep walking. lol

kaneWest
16th February 2019, 07:46 PM
gottlieb system 3 boards are rock solid.. check for PF wear above the flippers. check claw flipper is intact.
id say 3k tops.
no ramps to speak of, and not a lot to shoot at actually, but freddies voice is classic.

Tim_81
17th February 2019, 01:50 AM
Cheers appreciate the response I have heard these go for 3250 from pinball sellers and thatís is decent working order and everything working.

- - - Updated - - -

Does piece of crap include working order with repairs needed? Just curious cause that could be this one

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I havenít played a Freddy pin and love the theme but I do agree I would prefer to buy many other games for that price.

Boots
17th February 2019, 07:16 AM
Great theme and reliable board set but the gameplay leaves a bit to be desired
Playfields suffer from wear particularly below flippers due to lack of durable clear coat
Looks good in attract mode

Tim_81
17th February 2019, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the advice looks like unless itís in really good working electronically or not too disastrous Playfield wear itís not worth buying for more then 2.5k

capsule
18th February 2019, 06:47 AM
Not if you like the Theme

It still doesn't justify paying 5K.

Boots
18th February 2019, 07:37 AM
It still doesn't justify paying 5K.

I like the theme and I wouldn’t pay $5k

namastepat
18th February 2019, 07:55 AM
The theme sells this machine for a lot of people, but no Gottlieb DMD is worth 5k IMO, especially if it's not 100% working. 3.5k-4k tops for me, and it would have to be in very good shape for me to consider paying 4k.

Noob-A-Tron
18th February 2019, 08:05 AM
Piece of crap means cabinet in rough condition, Playfield wear, Broken plastics. Freddy glove missing blades etc.
When i was searching for a freddy it took me 2 years to find one worth what i paid. What i found 2 years ago is people wanted between 3-4k for something that needed me to put a fair bit of man hours into to get it up to my standards. These machines in great condition are rare i would be surprised if 20 in Australia were in great condition.
For the record i love mine and would never sell it. Got to love Pinball as everyone rates machines different.
Pinball prices are not cheap anymore you get what you pay for these were around 1500 10 years ago but not now.

delarge
18th February 2019, 08:45 AM
Yeah, the playfield is normally shot on these games.....but due to theme and demand, I'd probably expect to pay $3500 if I wanted to replace mine in the current climate.