PDA

View Full Version : Screen extension of stern spike 2 display?

andrew mathews
4th February 2019, 06:28 PM
Has anyone done or know if you can extend the display to another screen (hdmi tv) for stern spike 2 games?

razorsedge
4th February 2019, 07:00 PM
I think it would need to be split and converted from LVDS.... ?

razorsedge
4th February 2019, 07:43 PM
Has anyone ever asked Stern about this?

1.21 Gigawatts
4th February 2019, 08:31 PM
Has anyone done or know if you can extend the display to another screen (hdmi tv) for stern spike 2 games?

They did it in this stream.

https://youtu.be/WUSsB_nXGPU

It’s possible but not sure if it was Stern using special gear.

ajfclark
5th February 2019, 08:13 AM

Jack Danger does direct capture from Spike 2 games. That would make me think it's definitely possible to do, but I think deadflip had assistance from Stern to make it all work. He's also mentioned that it's a kludge at the moment, but he's made noises several times about something in the works, watch this space, etc.

1.21 Gigawatts
5th February 2019, 08:53 AM
Jack Danger does direct capture from Spike 2 games. That would make me think it's definitely possible to do, but I think deadflip had assistance from Stern to make it all work. He's also mentioned that it's a kludge at the moment, but he's made noises several times about something in the works, watch this space, etc.

The arcade guys on here could probably hack it. They’re always converting old consoles to RGB. waali

ajfclark
8th February 2019, 06:08 AM

Check the background of this video (https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/375613456322158/?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARC4vbI1PltyS1J5Dv6L9Hn02guJLVu TYInu2r6kISHLNLiSYJnH3l2seSdz_ryoKBoZ0TN1HCMPAqVw7 3Adtd2pPVixu8bakNfxahGJtj8ZloKXMh40M7BpyUkI0IQjYWA Fa7IlDF5hWAeoiSpvDanXjLTbjK_qQaNTyMEPVKolOIBJxYbzM 14dh0zdReHAM2FmVAoWfmpUXPZo5xa_YivnTWdAE0YQktJaZ-t7Y2tiTAN7gzkyvf_bAjYbu_JL_r2KHjwCy9JOSvWe_VqrsW-ra57KIQlVgjoP34eT9r2R8_PNV1tEf7z5mHc9wDimtyJBKw_ri jtXoTHJaoTiLFc0JOAktA&__tn__=-R).