PDA

View Full Version : Jjp POTC Sydney?

Audioenslaved
5th January 2019, 01:15 PM
Has anyone got one of these in Sydney or surrounding? Looking to play one and hopefully hate it so I donít have to outlay $15k :lol

RPZ
5th January 2019, 01:16 PM
Has anyone got one of these in Sydney or surrounding? Looking to play one and hopefully hate it so I donít have to outlay $15k :lol

Itís pretty awesome! So start saving cos when you play it, youíll want it! ;)

Audioenslaved
5th January 2019, 01:18 PM
It’s pretty awesome! So start saving cos when you play it, you’ll want it! ;)

Crap :( I already want one :(

Ryza
6th January 2019, 09:31 AM
This game is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO addictive when playing with mates.

Audioenslaved
6th January 2019, 09:45 AM

Thank goodness I don’t have any mates :P :lol

1.21 Gigawatts
6th January 2019, 06:20 PM

Interested to know your thoughts Ryan compared to Dialed In and Hobbit - factoring in Hobbit can be had for $9.5K-$10.5K.

Audioenslaved
6th January 2019, 06:59 PM
Interested to know your thoughts Ryan compared to Dialed In and Hobbit - factoring in Hobbit can be had for $9.5K-$10.5K.

The hobbit is an interesting game. I owned it for about 6 months. I owned it because I wanted to like it because of how beautiful it is. And the game never really clicked with me when’s i played it the few times I did so I bought it. I don’t know what the new code has done for the game but it really can’t change that layout. But in saying all that I did enjoy my time with the hobbit and will enjoy playing it again when I see it next, I think the best wizard mode is the first one into the fire the call outs and everything bare amazing. The other two wizard modes are rather ho hum... Dialed in I haven’t really clicked with either it doesn’t excite me at all.

RPZ
7th January 2019, 03:38 AM
So does anyone know when they arrive? Also are the LEís 15ks?

Audioenslaved
7th January 2019, 03:40 AM
So does anyone know when they arrive? Also are the LE’s 15ks?

I thought they’d arrived already and I believe Wayne was painting he picture that they’re $15k. I want to say I’m out at $15k but I keep thinking about it

oldhank
7th January 2019, 03:51 AM
15k good lord

Pop Bumper Pete
7th January 2019, 03:58 AM
ahh, the good old days, when NIB games were $6500

Audioenslaved
7th January 2019, 04:00 AM
ahh, the good old days, when NIB games were $6500

And we were still bitching then :lol

RPZ
7th January 2019, 04:02 AM
15k good lord

It isnít cheap, but in an era where we are paying 10ks to 19ks for old (restored) Bally/Williams Games, I donít think itís that bad.

Donít get me wrong though, CRAZY MONEY in both cases! Lol

RGR
7th January 2019, 04:23 AM
It's not like your losing 15k tho, like buying a motor vehicle.. Now that's pissing away money.

oldhank
7th January 2019, 04:49 AM
Ill have to start charging for hugs if i ever want a nib lol

1.21 Gigawatts
7th January 2019, 06:20 AM
It's not like your losing 15k tho, like buying a motor vehicle.. Now that's pissing away money.

True in some ways Richard but think of what they allow us to do in return for that depreciation.

RGR
7th January 2019, 10:42 AM
Oh sure but like rather than a game being 15k it's really at most a 2k loss. A lot of the time it's a profit!

Audioenslaved
7th January 2019, 10:54 AM
Oh sure but like rather than a game being 15k it's really at most a 2k loss. A lot of the time it's a profit!

Tell that to those who bought a Hobbit of any description or dialed in or wwe

1.21 Gigawatts
7th January 2019, 11:04 AM

Yes agreed. A much safer purchase. I donít know if JJP are ďon their wayĒ to profits now or could still fail, so in Aust at least I expect a POTC to become a collectors piece either way.

Ryza
7th January 2019, 11:10 AM

Dialed in is a standard body so it shoots really well for me.
Hobbit layout is just not great at all, even though the software is really good it cannot give you satisfying shots.

Ive only play maybe 30 or so games on the new POTC
I need like 500+ games to really know if its a keeper!

Its not like any wide body you have ever played.
You can get lost in the software since there is so much strategy with which way you want to go.
But most of all I just like plundering friends. It makes lock stealing seem like something from the past. You can steal everything. Their character, their Gold, their points, and even their ball.
If you steal from them apparently they have a higher chance of being able to steal from you.
You can choose someone that cannot be plundered, but I am pretty sure you can steal that persons character haha

oldhank
7th January 2019, 11:17 AM
Hobbit layout is just not great at all, even though the software is really good it cannot give you satisfying shots.

You can get lost in the software since there is so much strategy with which way you want to go.
But most of all I just like plundering friends. It makes lock stealing seem like something from the past. You can steal everything. Their character, their Gold, their points, and even their ball.
If you steal from them apparently they have a higher chance of being able to steal from you.
You can choose someone that cannot be plundered, but I am pretty sure you can steal that persons character haha

I like dialed in its a realy good shooter as long as you can get the ball in the phone hole lol i coldnt get into the hobit i only played potc a few times at flipout so not enough times to know if i like it

1.21 Gigawatts
7th January 2019, 12:13 PM

Thanks. Itís definitely very evolved as a game and although expensive it seems theyíve made the most of whatís possible.

RPZ
10th January 2019, 05:45 PM
Soooo... who is actually buying one? [emoji13]

Audioenslaved
10th January 2019, 08:11 PM
Soooo... who is actually buying one? [emoji13]

I’d have to sell something first

Ballypinball
10th January 2019, 08:16 PM
they are $14,740 plus delivery
so pretty close to $15k

RPZ
11th January 2019, 05:51 AM
Iíd have to sell something first

Kidney? [emoji14]

1.21 Gigawatts
11th January 2019, 06:49 AM

Stir, stir.

1.21 Gigawatts
11th January 2019, 06:58 AM
Audioenslaved - youíll have to sell that TWD ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Audioenslaved
11th January 2019, 08:23 AM

Stir, stir.

Nah I don’t drive auto :P

- - - Updated - - -

Audioenslaved - you’ll have to sell that TWD ;-)

Hmm maybe a kidney first...

1.21 Gigawatts
11th January 2019, 08:38 AM
Could there be one at ACS?

Audioenslaved
11th January 2019, 09:05 AM
Could there be one at ACS?

No idea...

1.21 Gigawatts
11th January 2019, 09:36 AM
No idea...

Looks like the vast majority of buyers are not AA people.

Audioenslaved
11th January 2019, 09:51 AM
Looks like the vast majority of buyers are not AA people.

Or on pinside either

RPZ
11th January 2019, 09:58 AM
So not ONE person on AA anywhere bought it? [emoji848]

Ballypinball
11th January 2019, 09:42 PM
several on AA and Pinside have but why would they admit it, to be torn apart for Paying almost $15k for a Pinball

I copped shit for buying a Magic Girl and Mafia

Audioenslaved
12th January 2019, 05:30 AM
several on AA and Pinside have but why would they admit it, to be torn apart for Paying almost $15k for a Pinball

I copped shit for buying a Magic Girl and Mafia

I am seriously considering spending $15k on a pinball machine and I am trying to talk myself out of it...

RPZ
12th January 2019, 05:59 AM
I am seriously considering spending $15k on a pinball machine and I am trying to talk myself out of it...

Donít worry! You are not alone! LOL!

Pop Bumper Pete
12th January 2019, 06:47 AM

you could buy 10 EMs for that $$

Ryza
12th January 2019, 06:59 AM
you could buy 10 EMs for that $$You could also buy 30,000 rolls of Quilton 3 Ply White Toilet Paper. Still probably not going to be as fun as POTC but your mileage might differ.

Audioenslaved
12th January 2019, 07:14 AM
you could buy 10 EMs for that $$

You could buy 3/4 middle range BW machines too. But I don’t have the room for either

- - - Updated - - -

You could also buy 30,000 rolls of Quilton 3 Ply White Toilet Paper. Still probably not going to be as fun as POTC but your mileage might differ.

And you’ll never get your money back on that shit either... Although in saying I did just need to use some TP so that could’ve been a good investment

Noob-A-Tron
12th January 2019, 07:16 AM
Its a scary time for NIB. House prices Dropping fast, 2nd hand pinball prices are starting to fall, Share market tanking, Bitcoin down, everything down but NIB going up I bought NIB early 2017 and am paying over 1k more in 2 years thats a big increase. I can not see our dollar going up for the next 2 years either i am worried it will fall to around .60 cent to the USD. And If that happens how many NIB will be bought.

Lou
12th January 2019, 07:41 AM
Its a scary time for NIB. House prices Dropping fast, 2nd hand pinball prices are starting to fall, Share market tanking, Bitcoin down, everything down but NIB going up I bought NIB early 2017 and am paying over 1k more in 2 years thats a big increase. I can not see our dollar going up for the next 2 years either i am worried it will fall to around .60 cent to the USD. And If that happens how many NIB will be bought.

house prices needed to go down , bitcoin was just a scam and the share market is always up and down, the dollar need to be around 60c and people will always find the money for a NIB pinball
40 munsters LE's sell in one day how bad can it be !

Noob-A-Tron
12th January 2019, 07:57 AM
house prices needed to go down , bitcoin was just a scam and the share market is always up and down, the dollar need to be around 60c and people will always find the money for a NIB pinball
40 munsters LE's sell in one day how bad can it be !

I guess in the next few years we will find out, will you pay 15k Nib stern because this Thread looks bad for POTC. I do think the Munsters LE list was around for a while as my name was down 6 months ago and i missed. Just as well because 13.6k is a bit rich. Will just wait it out now for a 2nd pro.

Graeme
12th January 2019, 08:18 AM
Hi how do I put an add on this site? Can't work it out thanks can only reply to people adds

Noob-A-Tron
12th January 2019, 08:22 AM
I think you have to have a certain amount of posts or donate to be able to do that

Audioenslaved
12th January 2019, 08:46 AM
Hi how do I put an add on this site? Can't work it out thanks can only reply to people adds

Go to the appropriate for sale section and click new thread

razorsedge
12th January 2019, 09:00 AM
Been playing a bit of JJ POTC around here the past few weeks...

Seems to me it is a very good game... Very good! . Looks spectacular, sounds great, and very playable for all levels of pinball player.

Certainly feel a need to play it more .... :slamtilt:

Pop Bumper Pete
12th January 2019, 09:09 AM
But I don’t have the room for either

you are not trying hard enough
do you REALLY need a table in the kitchen??????

Lou
12th January 2019, 09:35 AM
I guess in the next few years we will find out, will you pay 15k Nib stern because this Thread looks bad for POTC. I do think the Munsters LE list was around for a while as my name was down 6 months ago and i missed. Just as well because 13.6k is a bit rich. Will just wait it out now for a 2nd pro.

i don't think 15k is good or bad it's the theme to me , yes it's a blinged up pirates but the stern one will do just fine at less then half the price
also i could never understand jjp business model how many LE, SE, No E , 1000 of this 2000 of that vs stern 250 LE 0r 500 LE's and so on , pirates CE is 18k i hear beatles diamond is 17.5k with only 3 in the country
as i collectable beatles kills it

Noob-A-Tron
12th January 2019, 10:19 AM
I have bought 2 NIB from Stern none from JJP only because your right the Theme does not appeal to me. Now if they did a GNR or some music pins then maybe i would be tempted. But am now swinging towards used near new 2nd hand as these things just going up and up. But if a Slayer pin was released i would pay anything so your kinda right on your theme point. But so many released in the last 5 years it is flooded with choice and can wait out the game now even a Ghostbusters pro for 7k is a bargain or an ACDC are a fair price now when a few years ago they were fetching crazy prices. Just like houses supply and demand.

Ballypinball
12th January 2019, 11:15 AM
I guess compared to Stern with the le JJP
you get invisiglass
27" LCD
a lockdown bar receiver with lever
Rear headbox locking assy
Topper
Printed Manual

Cursed
12th January 2019, 04:01 PM
So.....Anyone in Sydney have a JJP POTC that Audioenslaved can come and play? :D

Keen to play more myself when I come across one.

Audioenslaved
12th January 2019, 05:01 PM
So.....Anyone in Sydney have a JJP POTC that Audioenslaved can come and play? :D

Keen to play more myself when I come across one.

Hit up Ryza his mate has one I’m sure it’s more the merrier

Cursed
12th January 2019, 06:39 PM
Hit up Ryza his mate has one I’m sure it’s more the merrier

Legend that Ryza is, 5 minutes after i posted that he messaged me asking if i wanted to play it tonight! Sadly I could'nt, but man what a top bloke! :applause::applause::applause:

Audioenslaved
12th January 2019, 06:59 PM
Legend that Ryza is, 5 minutes after i posted that he messaged me asking if i wanted to play it tonight! Sadly I could'nt, but man what a top bloke! :applause::applause::applause:

Is nice!!

Audioenslaved
20th January 2019, 05:39 AM
Anyone? No one in Sydney?

Audioenslaved
2nd February 2019, 01:33 PM
Donít worry! You are not alone! LOL!

So have you bought one of these fking things yet :lol

RPZ
2nd February 2019, 01:33 PM
So have you bought one of these fking things yet :lol

Iím waiting for you! Maybe we should go halves! Lol!

Audioenslaved
2nd February 2019, 06:09 PM
I’m waiting for you! Maybe we should go halves! Lol!

Maybe....

JOKERPOKER
2nd February 2019, 06:48 PM
I’m waiting for you! Maybe we should go halves! Lol!

Thirds :023:

RPZ
2nd February 2019, 06:49 PM
Thirds :023:

DIBS on having it first! Lol!

JOKERPOKER
2nd February 2019, 06:51 PM
DIBS on having it first! Lol!

Well that’s not going to work then. You will bolt it to the floor and I will be forever doing Sydney road trips. :confused:

RPZ
2nd February 2019, 06:54 PM
Well thatís not going to work then. You will bolt it to the floor and I will be forever doing Sydney road trips. :confused:

Itís ME you are talking about, 4 months and Iíll help you load it. Think itís Nathan who we should worry about! Wonít let it go once he gets it! Lol! :P

JOKERPOKER
2nd February 2019, 06:57 PM
It’s ME you are talking about, 4 months and I’ll help you load it. Think it’s Nathan who we should worry about! Won’t let it go once he gets it! Lol! :P

Yes you’re probably right. He’s a bigger POTC fan than me......although I have had three :lol
This JJP does look very nice though. Maybe if I buy his Houdini he can just buy the POTC and stop hounding other people for a game. Audioenslaved

Audioenslaved
2nd February 2019, 07:27 PM
Yes youíre probably right. Heís a bigger POTC fan than me......although I have had three :lol
This JJP does look very nice though. Maybe if I buy his Houdini he can just buy the POTC and stop hounding other people for a game. Audioenslaved

Maybe...

1.21 Gigawatts
2nd February 2019, 08:44 PM
What does this mean for JJP in Aust? Home use games doing well I hope, but it seems theyíre not considered as good value for money by the Sydney ops. Pinlinds any chance you will get one?

Audioenslaved
3rd February 2019, 07:38 AM
What does this mean for JJP in Aust? Home use games doing well I hope, but it seems they’re not considered as good value for money by the Sydney ops. Pinlinds any chance you will get one?

The average punter will just see a JJP machine and go yeah ok it’s the same as the stern next to it. So at a 4k difference between a stern premium and a JJP “premium” for about the same coin drop I know which way I’d be turning

1.21 Gigawatts
3rd February 2019, 05:35 PM
The average punter will just see a JJP machine and go yeah ok itís the same as the stern next to it. So at a 4k difference between a stern premium and a JJP ďpremiumĒ for about the same coin drop I know which way Iíd be turning

I agree, itís hard for the ops to make a buck on that outlay, but the machines still retain a percentage of their value relative to the purchase cost. Will be interested to see if Deeproot can match the stern model and give some more variety.

fridgejam
6th February 2019, 07:38 AM
From my perspective there are a few reasons why I'm not planning to put a JJP Pirates out on site in Sydney any time soon.

1. Cost is now 15k+ shipping to Sydney vs just under 9k for a Stern pro. Price per game on location is generally $2. I could charge more per play for a game of Pirates, but I don't feel the game would do that well at $3 per game especially sitting next to Deadpool or Munsters at $2 a game (but would love to be proven wrong).
2. To the best of my knowledge there has never been an opportunity to preview the game in Sydney and in this case I would really need to play it first to determine if the rules are too deep for location.
3. JJP games are more complex, they are usually longer playing games which means more wear and tear on the game and chance of a fault to occur.
4. For some reason JJP games appear to loose their value much more than Sterns. Game resale price has become an important factor for operators who need to recover the game price increases some how. Look at AC/DC pro prices in 2012 vs 2018 for example. Basically the same game now costs close to 3k more while cost per game on location remains $2 (as it was in 2012). In order for the operator to recover that extra 3k, it is important to be able to resell the game at a reasonable price.

Don't get me wrong, I really like JJP games and for the record I currently own a HUO WoZ and Hobbit in my own collection. It is just tough to justify putting a JJP Pirates out on site at the moment based on these factors.

toads
6th February 2019, 09:51 AM
Also remember in 2012 when acca came out our dollar was parity with the US.

fridgejam
6th February 2019, 11:30 AM
Maybe comparing JJP machines would be more realistic. Hobbit 13k, Dialed In 14k, Pirates now 15k. Some of that increase is due to exchange rate, but some of it is also JJP edging his prices upwards. Regardless these are still price jumps the operator has to factor in while continuing to charge $2 a game.

Ballypinball
6th February 2019, 07:30 PM
The only thing not accurate is that JJP loose more value than a Stern That is not True.

Now some operators buy a new game, claim back the GST and 100% tax writeoff then sell the game 6 weeks later for more than they paid without GST for CASH

So a used game with Hundreds of Games used without Warranty and getting back more than it owes them

fridgejam
6th February 2019, 07:42 PM
The only thing not accurate is that JJP loose more value than a Stern That is not True.

Now some operators buy a new game, claim back the GST and 100% tax writeoff then sell the game 6 weeks later for more than they paid without GST for CASH

So a used game with Hundreds of Games used without Warranty and getting back more than it owes them

I guess I was thinking of my HUO Hobbit in particular when I typed that. Paid 13k, would be lucky to get 9.5k less that 2 years later. Dialed in so far appears to be holding its value a bit better.

Some operators may work that way, but I suspect if ever the tax office decides to look a bit closer, they may have some issues.

Ballypinball
6th February 2019, 09:17 PM
you can blame a certain operator selling a Game with no GST for 10k Hobbit for resetting the used market price on Hobbits

We still get $13k new at least once a week for Hobbits

Autosteve
6th February 2019, 09:49 PM
How come all the JJP machines listed on IpdB have the processor used is a Intel Celeron but POTC lists the processor used is Solid State Electronic (SS)?. Here is the list of JJP machines....

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?mfgid=634&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

Just curios because if they are actually using a proper dedicated pinball set of boards rather than a now old Intel Celeron based PC, I suspect JJPs future machines may in fact hold there value but if they are still using PCs I suspect they will loose there value as that generation of PCs dries up.

Anyone questioning this statement you need to look no further than video machines using a PC inside that is now 10 years old. Most are not working or virtually impossible to find parts.

I suspect the whole reason Williams/ Ballys are increasing in value is because they are repairable 30 years on. Stern to a slightly lesser extent because they use a lot more surface mount components and these scare off a lot of hobbyists.

Ballypinball
6th February 2019, 10:48 PM
the SSD is the drive not the pc
they all use either the same PC or newer version, and current models in new games, and are a common motherboard that will be around for many years to come
better than pinball 2000, which are still running 20 years on and are pc based also.

RPZ
7th February 2019, 02:40 AM
I think we all have to agree that Hobbit is not as great a game as the other JJP machines (gameplay), and therefore price is down the gutter to reflect that. (No offence to the handful of people that actually like it)

Also, in defence of whoever this ďoperatorĒ is, Hobbit is worth UNDER 10ks, not because of him selling it cheap, but because the majority of people donít rate the game and wouldnít pay more than that. People are actually struggling to sell at 10ks + now. Didnít we just see a Smaug go for $9250? ... Crazy.

I completely agree with Gary, in that there has been ZERO representation here in Sydney. People are screaming to try the game, which Iím sure would encourage some of them to buy it, but due to the price, and luck of places to play it, I feel it will just take a longer time to move them on. Which is crazy as JJP pretty much sold out of POTC.

I have actually played it (overseas) and loved it. Iím just fighting myself now, as price definitely plays a big role, specially in a few months when I decide I want something different, and work out Iíve just lost 3-4ks.

Anyway, Just my 2 cents. I wish it was easier for at least the operators to get them in here in Sydney, so more of us could enjoy it, as it is an amazing game! :)

1.21 Gigawatts
7th February 2019, 06:16 AM
I would like an operators opinion on this comparison. Guesses donít include repair costs, time doing collections etc. and Iím assuming 50% profit share.

Buy POTC $15k.
Returns $1500 per year for three years ($4500).
Sell the game for $12450 (-17%)
Made $1950 not inc. whatever tax breaks you can achieve.

Buy Munsters Pro $8850
Returns $1500 a year for three years. ($4500).
Sell the game for $7350 (-17%)
Makes $3000.

Trying to level the playfield here because thereís so many variables. I would likely put more money in a POTC because of itís scarcity and depth, so who knows how much it would make - does Dialed In do better on site that Sterns?

fridgejam
7th February 2019, 06:40 AM
I can't comment on Dialed in vs a Stern on site, but I will say it is easier to off load a sited 1 year old Stern pro for 7.3k vs a JJP game for 12.5. I've found the over 10k buyers market to be super picky when it comes to buying games, and I suspect they may hesitate to pay that kind of money for a game that has been on location for 3 years and has 5000+games on it, but there are less Dialed In's and Pirates in OZ than WoZ and Hobbit, so that may help a little.

RPZ
7th February 2019, 06:44 AM
I would like an operators opinion on this comparison. Guesses donít include repair costs, time doing collections etc. and Iím assuming 50% profit share.

Buy POTC $15k.
Returns $1500 per year for three years ($4500).
Sell the game for $12450 (-17%)
Made $1950 not inc. whatever tax breaks you can achieve.

Buy Munsters Pro $8850
Returns $1500 a year for three years. ($4500).
Sell the game for $7350 (-17%)
Makes $3000.

Trying to level the playfield here because thereís so many variables. I would likely put more money in a POTC because of itís scarcity and depth, so who knows how much it would make - does Dialed In do better on site that Sterns?

No chance I, and Iíd say MANY would pay 12.5ks for a machine that has been on site for 1 year, let alone 3 years.

Noob-A-Tron
7th February 2019, 07:00 AM
Is there a sited POTC in Melbourne i can play?

fridgejam
7th February 2019, 07:32 AM
I think we all have to agree that Hobbit is not as great a game as the other JJP machines (gameplay), and therefore price is down the gutter to reflect that. (No offence to the handful of people that actually like it)

Also, in defence of whoever this “operator” is, Hobbit is worth UNDER 10ks, not because of him selling it cheap, but because the majority of people don’t rate the game and wouldn’t pay more than that. People are actually struggling to sell at 10ks + now. Didn’t we just see a Smaug go for $9250? ... Crazy.

I completely agree with Gary, in that there has been ZERO representation here in Sydney. People are screaming to try the game, which I’m sure would encourage some of them to buy it, but due to the price, and luck of places to play it, I feel it will just take a longer time to move them on. Which is crazy as JJP pretty much sold out of POTC.

I have actually played it (overseas) and loved it. I’m just fighting myself now, as price definitely plays a big role, specially in a few months when I decide I want something different, and work out I’ve just lost 3-4ks.

Anyway, Just my 2 cents. I wish it was easier for at least the operators to get them in here in Sydney, so more of us could enjoy it, as it is an amazing game! :)

Got to disagree with you on Hobbit. I really love this game and only 'from my cold dead hands' will I be selling mine for $9250!

While there are some who don't like the game, I think there is some truth that the timing of certain Hobbit sales in the past that have contributed to devaluing this game in peoples minds (and then in reality).

RPZ
7th February 2019, 09:24 AM
Got to disagree with you on Hobbit. I really love this game and only 'from my cold dead hands' will I be selling mine for $9250!

While there are some who don't like the game, I think there is some truth that the timing of certain Hobbit sales in the past that have contributed to devaluing this game in peoples minds (and then in reality).

We can agree to disagree then :)

I agree that timing might be a bit of an issue, but if the game was great, then it would have never dropped 4ks to begin with, maybe 2ks? But youíve got a Smaug on Guntree right now HUO at $10,250 and has been sitting there for months, not going anywhere, a limited edition at $9750 and now an Arrow $10,990.

If people thought it was a good game, they should be jumping at these prices...

Again, we can agree to disagree, and this is also why pinball is great, same machine can be loved by one and disliked by another.

Audioenslaved
7th February 2019, 09:52 AM

I think the hobbit is an ok game. It’s not a great game. It’s price point is definitely 8500-9500k. Would I rebuy at 9k again maybe but probably not. Would I rebuy at 8k maybe. It’s immersive, beautiful and the call outs are prettt sweet but it gets boring and I had my fill within 6 months. But that’s me and not everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in defence of whoever this ďoperatorĒ is, Hobbit is worth UNDER 10ks, not because of him selling it cheap, but because the majority of people donít rate the game and wouldnít pay more than that. People are actually struggling to sell at 10ks + now. Didnít we just see a Smaug go for $9250? ... Crazy.

I completely agree with Gary, in that there has been ZERO representation here in Sydney. People are screaming to try the game, which Iím sure would encourage some of them to buy it, but due to the price, and luck of places to play it, I feel it will just take a longer time to move them on. Which is crazy as JJP pretty much sold out of POTC.

I have actually played it (overseas) and loved it. Iím just fighting myself now, as price definitely plays a big role, specially in a few months when I decide I want something different, and work out Iíve just lost 3-4ks.

Buy one damn it! So I can play yours and then struggle not to spend 15k myself :lol

fridgejam
7th February 2019, 09:58 AM
I think the hobbit is an ok game. It’s not a great game. It’s price point is definitely 8500-9500k. Would I rebuy at 9k again maybe but probably not. Would I rebuy at 8k maybe. It’s immersive, beautiful and the call outs are prettt sweet but it gets boring and I had my fill within 6 months. But that’s me and not everyone.

Worth 8k now are they Nathan? FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS! :)

Audioenslaved
7th February 2019, 10:14 AM
Worth 8k now are they Nathan? FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS! :)

They’re worth 9k all day every day BUT you’ve got to get a buyer! Just saying if someone said 8k to me I’d find it hard to resist that’s all.

1.21 Gigawatts
7th February 2019, 10:22 AM
We can agree to disagree then :)

I agree that timing might be a bit of an issue, but if the game was great, then it would have never dropped 4ks to begin with, maybe 2ks? But youíve got a Smaug on Guntree right now HUO at $10,250 and has been sitting there for months, not going anywhere, a limited edition at $9750 and now an Arrow $10,990.

If people thought it was a good game, they should be jumping at these prices...

Again, we can agree to disagree, and this is also why pinball is great, same machine can be loved by one and disliked by another.

Iíve seen those pins too Rick and for those prices they need to be a better overall buy than a new Stern premium - which of course is subjective but the latest releases I think are always more desirable. The black arrow is a fair deal for someone who really wants one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90390)

Audioenslaved
7th February 2019, 10:43 AM
I’ve seen those pins too Rick and for those prices they need to be a better overall buy than a new Stern premium - which of course is subjective but the latest releases I think are always more desirable. The black arrow is a fair deal for someone who really wants one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90390)

The black arrow is a great deal but at the end of the day it’s still a hobbit and I wouldn’t pay more than 9k

toads
7th February 2019, 10:48 AM

You forgot to mention that for many years AMD bought out the first Stern pins for people to play in Sydney on every release.

Ballypinball
7th February 2019, 05:47 PM
I can't comment on Dialed in vs a Stern on site, but I will say it is easier to off load a sited 1 year old Stern pro for 7.3k vs a JJP game for 12.5. I've found the over 10k buyers market to be super picky when it comes to buying games, and I suspect they may hesitate to pay that kind of money for a game that has been on location for 3 years and has 5000+games on it, but there are less Dialed In's and Pirates in OZ than WoZ and Hobbit, so that may help a little.

not sure where you get your info, there are more DI and Pirates here than WOZ and Hobbit, each new JJP out sells the last

Same with the new JJP game due for release next month will outsell all the rest,

Hobbit makes good money on location in Sydney and WOZ and 10,000 games on a DI at Netherworld

GIBO
7th February 2019, 06:07 PM
I think a lot of people have based there opinion of Hobbit on early code,the game has transformed into one of the most immersive games getting around with the new code.
Lets not forget Walking Dead and AC/DC where dogs for the first 12 months of there life

Ballypinball
7th February 2019, 07:00 PM
and that gem of a game Star Wars LE

fridgejam
7th February 2019, 07:01 PM
not sure where you get your info, there are more DI and Pirates here than WOZ and Hobbit, each new JJP out sells the last

I am surprised by this given both Hobbit and WoZ have been for sale much longer and have also been re-released as new special editions, but great for you that the higher prices haven't effected sales.

Ballypinball
7th February 2019, 07:09 PM
someone buys a WOZ then a hobbit then a DI and then a POTC
you already have an existing customer base buying JJP games plus new customers

We already have a list of 50 names for Willy Wonka

emken
7th February 2019, 07:56 PM
Don`t tell me Willy Wanker is the next JJP ? Why not Bambi ? LOL .

Ballypinball
7th February 2019, 08:06 PM
3 new games this year from jjp

2 next month and another in october

emken
7th February 2019, 08:21 PM
C`mon Wayne ! Elaborate a little more . Whats JJP up to ?

Ballypinball
7th February 2019, 08:56 PM
Up to making games and making money, no waiting a year after release

next game release March and on the line in April

10 Sample games already built, one on the way to OZ soon

Noob-A-Tron
7th February 2019, 10:32 PM
just tell me they have a ****ing music pin

RPZ
8th February 2019, 01:27 AM
just tell me they have a ****ing music pin

Guns N Roses ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldhank
8th February 2019, 03:53 AM
Guns N Roses ;)

Bums and noses

Audioenslaved
8th February 2019, 05:19 AM
Bums and noses

Not a bad name for a porno

Hmm now the wait happens for game 5 and 6...

Noob-A-Tron
8th February 2019, 07:45 AM
Awesome any idea when?

Audioenslaved
8th February 2019, 11:12 AM
Awesome any idea when?

About the porno?

Ballypinball
8th February 2019, 08:48 PM
Awesome any idea when?

You can come and meet Slash at Mr Pinball when that Happens

Autosteve
8th February 2019, 09:43 PM
I think a better title would be Ozzy Osborne myself. So many great songs like Crazy train that would suit a pinball theme and he wouldn't be a dick about it. It would simply be a yes do one or no I'm not interested. If it wasn't for him there would have been no Guns N Roses or Metallica.

Noob-A-Tron
9th February 2019, 08:50 AM
Would love Sabbath over Ozzy, Slash was inspired by Hendrix, Led Zep, Rory Gallagher, and most of the blues greats. Ozzy is just a vocalist not sure he inspired Slash. Iommi was Sabbath and Slash was GNR. Ballypinball i will hold you to that and he can sign the Translite. One can only dream.

Ballypinball
9th February 2019, 10:22 AM
Slash Loves JJP games a real pinball fan

Coon82
9th February 2019, 03:20 PM
Would love Sabbath over Ozzy, Slash was inspired by Hendrix, Led Zep, Rory Gallagher, and most of the blues greats. Ozzy is just a vocalist not sure he inspired Slash. Iommi was Sabbath and Slash was GNR. Ballypinball i will hold you to that and he can sign the Translite. One can only dream.

That would be cool.

RPZ
11th February 2019, 04:12 PM
So how many collectors edition POTCís coming to OZ Ballypinball ?

Ballypinball
11th February 2019, 06:38 PM
we ordered 20 but can only get 8

Audioenslaved
16th February 2019, 12:28 PM
There will be one coming soon yay thanks RPZ!!

1.21 Gigawatts
16th February 2019, 03:09 PM
Dialed In for sale thread incoming Rick?

RPZ
16th February 2019, 03:39 PM
Dialed In for sale thread incoming Rick?

Hahaha! Dialed In, my kidney, my car and all possessions! :P

Ballypinball
21st February 2019, 05:29 PM
is it there yet?

RPZ
21st February 2019, 05:30 PM
is it there yet?

Tomorrow!

Ballypinball
21st February 2019, 05:32 PM
Cool

RPZ
22nd February 2019, 02:42 PM
Wouldnít a WOZ go well next to them! ;)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190222/61e1456f43db82370c2e12b8ede4c4f3.jpg

Audioenslaved
22nd February 2019, 06:47 PM
Wouldn’t a WOZ go well next to them! ;)

Super jelly!

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldnít a WOZ go well next to them! ;)

Super jelly!

Coon82
23rd February 2019, 05:26 AM
Wow they look great next to each other :o

RPZ
23rd February 2019, 06:17 AM
Wow they look great next to each other :o

I think I need a WOZ now! :P

1.21 Gigawatts
23rd February 2019, 12:59 PM
Howís the game Rick?

RPZ
23rd February 2019, 01:00 PM
Howís the game Rick?

Getting better and better the more you play it!

1.21 Gigawatts
23rd February 2019, 01:05 PM
Getting better and better the more you play it!

The best youíve ever had? Youíve had a good sample of top games now.

RPZ
23rd February 2019, 07:10 PM
The best youíve ever had? Youíve had a good sample of top games now.

Wow! Thatís a big call! Haha! Itís a GREAT machine! Have had a few great machines. Just really enjoying JJPís style at the moment... or perhaps a little over STERNís, they all seem so similar to each other now days.

1.21 Gigawatts
23rd February 2019, 07:28 PM
Wow! Thatís a big call! Haha! Itís a GREAT machine! Have had a few great machines. Just really enjoying JJPís style at the moment... or perhaps a little over STERNís, they all seem so similar to each other now days.

Glad to hear it, and good to see youíre hanging on to the DI.

GEE
26th February 2019, 10:59 PM
Ill have to start charging for hugs if i ever want a nib lol

Ideas come from everywhere, Travilhug, and my most recent idea comes from a combination of this:

Bums and noses
Not a bad name for a porno...

... And the first porno I ever watched back when I was a strapping young lad (BETA is still better - However I digress...).

Back to porn...

There once was a lusty lass known as Desireť, who whilst climaxing, secreted a chemical known as Orgasmine - A chemical that once controlled (ie bottled and sold) has the commercial counterpoint potential to control the World! :077: (https://www.freesoundeffects.com/free-track/wickedlaugh1-466397/)

Now your mission here, Travilhug, should you accept it, is to work out a process to bottle the oxytocin secretions generated from your hugs.

Make it so.

Cheers,

G

furballx
27th February 2019, 03:59 AM
Link removed Greg. AA has under 18's on it.
PM Greg if you want to follow up
Dave