PDA

View Full Version : VPX Originals Mini comp for December 2017

skids
30th November 2017, 04:24 PM
ok Jed had an idea, sounds good to me, a mini comp for the remaining of the year

I'm just going to tack it onto the VPGL9 forum and call it VPGL9.1

just original VP10 games.

There's some really nice originals now and I was thinking about 3-5 originals played in the usual format.

Nominate to provide a pool of originals, the best in VP10, to show another side of visual pinball. Everyone casts votes from the pool on what to play, (and also what not to play?)

Just for an idea, stuff like:

Champions League
Diablo
Stranger Things
Bubba the Redneck Werewolf
Gargamel Park (crazy)
Pokemon
Serious Sam

Comp is Starting 1st December and finishing Sunday 31st December EXTENDED - NOW FINISHING WEDNESDAY 31 JANUARY
will run with a few tables, last table to start will be no later december 18th
so please nominate any original tables below, Im starting the mini comp off with Bubba the Redneck Werewolf

anyone that does not like a table can also request (de-donminate) and it wont get selected into the pool

Dedrok
30th November 2017, 05:01 PM
I don't have original and most likely busy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jed
30th November 2017, 06:32 PM
I'll put in Champions League as my nomination.

- - - Updated - - -

that's a shame, but at least now the rest of us have a chance :)

skids
30th November 2017, 09:11 PM

Maybe JustAnotherRat can pop around with a memory stick, or I could make one up for you, if you are coming back down near Doony?

Dedrok
1st December 2017, 02:27 AM
Maybe JustAnotherRat can pop around with a memory stick, or I could make one up for you, if you are coming back down near Doony?

Back down next weekend , 9th

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

JustAnotherRat
1st December 2017, 07:02 AM
I nominate:
Pokemon - The theme might not be to peoples liking but the layout is a copy of Sterns Kiss
Serious Sam - I have hardly played this... I believe the layout is based on a reversed Game of Thrones??

I can drop them over if you like. Do you have UltraDMD working? It's needed for Champions League, Stranger Things and Diablo.

skids
1st December 2017, 11:24 AM
Can i ask that you postor pm me links to what is required to run the games? Help me to find them and post in the game thread

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90390)

Jed
1st December 2017, 06:54 PM
Can i ask that you postor pm me links to what is required to run the games? Help me to find them and post in the game thread

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90390)

Here's links for Champions League, everything is on the one page: http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/topic/champions-league-vpx/

redferatu
2nd December 2017, 10:53 AM
What about Jed's game?

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

skids
2nd December 2017, 01:05 PM
What about Jed's game?

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

It will be coming soon, Jed informs me There's a big update coming out soon for Champions league, called season 18, so we may just use the updated table if it comes out before Dec 18

JustAnotherRat
2nd December 2017, 07:18 PM
Dedrok do you want me to get the games and bring them to you?

skids
2nd December 2017, 08:33 PM

yes:lol

Dedrok
2nd December 2017, 09:10 PM

That would be good. Save skids doing it.
Here til Thursday. Anytime sir.

Jed
2nd December 2017, 10:52 PM
It will be coming soon, Jed informs me There's a big update coming out soon for Champions league, called season 18, so we may just use the updated table if it comes out before Dec 18

it's been posted as coming soon so it's in final testing, any day now i guess.

The first version is easily the best original I've ever played, and puts a lot of genuine tables to shame.

Do companies who make pinballs make use of simulation software like VP before building ? Given VP uses actual rom dumps, once you have the code you could get a good feel for a layout before prototyping the hardware. Especially the smaller players who don't have the $reach of Stern ?

Jed
2nd December 2017, 11:43 PM
That would be good. Save skids doing it.
Here til Thursday. Anytime sir.

good stuff, you set the high bar in these comps.

I think a few times a few got close last comp, maybe the pack is starting to make up some ground small steps...

we ought to give you the top weight. -30% from your best score. The VPGL Handicap :lol

acejas
3rd December 2017, 08:26 PM
Jed...just make sure you get his mobile number and ring him LOL

Dedrok
3rd December 2017, 10:39 PM
Jed...just make sure you get his mobile number and ring him LOL

But wait until it is first ball of the finals. Haha.

Dedrok
3rd December 2017, 10:41 PM
good stuff, you set the high bar in these comps.

I think a few times a few got close last comp, maybe the pack is starting to make up some ground small steps...

we ought to give you the top weight. -30% from your best score. The VPGL Handicap :lol

Maybe I should play more than 2-5games then. Haha.
I'm not as good or dedicated as I used to be either, so that's lucky I suppose. [emoji3]

skids
16th December 2017, 02:57 PM
I'll put in Champions League as my nomination.

Jed is season 18 out yet?

Jed
16th December 2017, 08:13 PM
@Jed (https://www.aussiearcade.com/member.php?u=5050) is season 18 out yet?

it's set as coming soon, and Tom Tower posted the final wip a couple days ago, so i think any day now.

JustAnotherRat
17th December 2017, 10:18 PM
it's set as coming soon, and Tom Tower posted the final wip a couple days ago, so i think any day now.

Champions League Season 18 is UP
http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/topic/champions-league-season-18-vpx/

Jed
18th December 2017, 11:35 AM
Champions League Season 18 is UP
http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/topic/champions-league-season-18-vpx/

Thanks for the heads-up JAR!

skids
10th January 2018, 09:32 PM
Room for another Vpx original table?
Only seems to be a few playing....

Jed
11th January 2018, 01:32 AM
Room for another Vpx original table?
Only seems to be a few playing....

yeah throw another one up! there's plenty to choose from.

i'm still playing but not playing the comp tables :redface just so many great new releases recently - Abra ca dabra, Centigrade 37, that new T2 is a ripper, and Jokerz also is really good.

i'll get back to the comp tables pretty shortly.

Stranger Things I'd like to play more of but it's another ultraDMD table so the same 2 billion bug. still might be good to see who can kill screen that one ;)

Dedrok
11th January 2018, 01:42 AM
Been too fkn hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jed
11th January 2018, 01:46 AM
Been too fkn hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bunnings got some pretty good size industrial fans :)

JustAnotherRat
11th January 2018, 10:40 AM
How about Goldorak or Metal Slug?

Minions Pinball?

Evil Dead?

Mortal Kombat II?

Anyone played Hextech, Electric Mayhem, A Real American Hero, Golden Birds?

Since we have Bubba as a table which is a retheme, we could have Harley Quinn or Rat Fink which is a rethemed Star Trek

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, Evil Dead is a PROC table so probably a bad choice.

JustAnotherRat
11th January 2018, 12:05 PM
Young Frankenstein ?

Jed
12th January 2018, 12:39 AM
Anyone played Hextech, Electric Mayhem, A Real American Hero, Golden Birds?

never heard of these. golden birds sounds like a poker machine :) where did you find them ?

you're not wrong about Proc. it looks like a nightmare to get going. i'd prefer to just enjoy playing something else than struggling to get one table setup with that so it can work.

JustAnotherRat
15th January 2018, 06:16 AM
never heard of these. golden birds sounds like a poker machine :) where did you find them ?

you're not wrong about Proc. it looks like a nightmare to get going. i'd prefer to just enjoy playing something else than struggling to get one table setup with that so it can work.

They are all listed and linked in the spreadsheet on Visual Pinball Addicts Facebook page. Golden Birds in an Angry Birds theme.

I have P-Roc set up for Cactus Canyon Continued and the set up wasn't too bad but it seems it's causing some problems for people at the moment.