PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars EP1 expert thoughts needed

pinball god
17th September 2007, 05:06 PM
Have played the machine and think yep...don't mind it with some reservations on cost of "what ifs" go wrong. BUT....have an opportunity to buy a machine for about $4K.

What do you learnered folk out there think of the prospect. Its clean, neat had 4 errors though but I don't know if that's an issue.

3 to do with GI light out. Does the diag recognize a single bulb out on these machine?

The other was the left hand target was faulty but I didn't think it had a target on the LHS.

Anyway what do you guys thinks, especially interested at what Mark C and Bally think. Waiting in anticipation and the purchase will probably hang on these thoughts

Virgil Tracy
17th September 2007, 05:08 PM
$4K and it does not work 100% walk away:o

markc
17th September 2007, 05:27 PM
pm sent

mark

comrade.vader
17th September 2007, 05:30 PM
The old rule was secondhand worth 50% of new
not working secondhand worth 1/8 of 2/5ths = (**** all)

pinball god
17th September 2007, 05:36 PM
The old rule was secondhand worth 50% of new
not working secondhand worth 1/8 of 2/5ths = (**** all)
I like your style but like I said the errors seemed not that bad but then what do I know?? If I did know I'd have probably fixed them then and there....and that definitely didn't happen.

Also I noticed it was a US machine cuz it had quarter coin slots. Again am I showing my ignorance and assuming too much?? thanks for the help and keep it coming please.

Ballypinball
17th September 2007, 08:02 PM
well id pay 4k for a swep1 any day of the week

Falcon
19th September 2007, 05:38 PM
4K >?

Over priced,Your lucky to sell one at even 3500.

Pin2000 = S&%t

;)

comrade.vader
19th September 2007, 05:41 PM
Buy it for 2.5k & sell it to wayne for $4k then spend the profit on a trailor of beer for the next shitcade

Arcade King
19th September 2007, 05:45 PM
Buy it for 2.5k & sell it to wayne for $4k then spend the profit on a trailor of beer for the next shitcade

WOOHOO!

Ballypinball
19th September 2007, 07:26 PM
show me anywhere a SWEP1 is for sale under $4k in good cond and i will buy it

pinball god
21st September 2007, 04:21 PM
whoa lets not fight, but its good to get this feedback coz I was leaning heavily towards going for the buy but now I cooling off a little. If someone can tell me the errors are a matter of nothing to worry about and an easy fix by someone with a little skill I'd be back to the dilema of 'to buy or not to buy'. At the moment its no go. Thanks for all your help so far...

markc
21st September 2007, 05:51 PM
whoa lets not fight, but its good to get this feedback coz I was leaning heavily towards going for the buy but now I cooling off a little. If someone can tell me the errors are a matter of nothing to worry about and an easy fix by someone with a little skill I'd be back to the dilema of 'to buy or not to buy'. At the moment its no go. Thanks for all your help so far...

I will have both on monday in stock

new container day thread about to start soon

mark

banger181
21st September 2007, 06:11 PM
4K >?

Pin2000 = S&%t

;) Pin = Pin = :)

Ballypinball
21st September 2007, 07:50 PM
if 4k is so expensive maybe mark will sell you one for 3k

WOKA
21st September 2007, 07:53 PM
Good cup of coffee at Mark's..!

markc
21st September 2007, 08:15 PM
Good cup of coffee at Mark's..!

hmmmmm

you only say that cause you heard I just brought 2 yes thats 2 CVs today

WOKA
21st September 2007, 08:16 PM
Pffft... I only want one.

markc
21st September 2007, 08:31 PM
Pffft... I only want one.

you will have to drink more of my coffee:lol:lol:cool:

and as for a Star wars esp 1 under 4 k no

I have to agree here with Wayne I would chase them to that price myself. over the Years I have had 2 to 1 rfm to star wars
rfm is cheaper

Mark

Strangeways
21st September 2007, 08:35 PM
CV's are better....

:badgrin

markc
21st September 2007, 08:40 PM
CV's are better....

:badgrin

thought u liked JP ???

Zac will be upset

Strangeways
21st September 2007, 08:44 PM
thought u liked JP ???

Zac will be upset

CV is still better...

and no, he cannot have 2 CVs.

He wants a Fathom.

Fair Dinkum Dan
22nd September 2007, 09:34 AM
Have played the machine and think yep...don't mind it with some reservations on cost of "what ifs" go wrong. BUT....have an opportunity to buy a machine for about $4K.

What do you learnered folk out there think of the prospect. Its clean, neat had 4 errors though but I don't know if that's an issue.

3 to do with GI light out. Does the diag recognize a single bulb out on these machine?

The other was the left hand target was faulty but I didn't think it had a target on the LHS.

Anyway what do you guys thinks, especially interested at what Mark C and Bally think. Waiting in anticipation and the purchase will probably hang on these thoughts

If it were 100% fully working and in good condition, then it would be a fair price for it at $4000. With issues, then you would need to factor the cost of them to have it up to 100% working. If unable to ascertain the full cost of repairs and to then work out a good compromise on a deal, then best to leave the deal alone, IMO.

Cheers,

Dan :cool:

Ballypinball
22nd September 2007, 05:05 PM
yes it detects gi lamps
so probably just faulty globes
as for the target sinple fix as well

sounds like near nothing wrong with it.

pinball god
23rd September 2007, 03:56 PM
Sorry for not getting back to you but work has been frantic..I might try and see if I can get to Bayswater during the week or Saturday to have a look...but work may get in the way...heaps of people sick etc. Thanks for your advise anyway.

Greg
23rd September 2007, 05:05 PM
thought u liked JP ???

Zac will be upset

keep letting Zac hook in to that crap that Mark calls coffee :o:026:
and he will need a RFM just to calm him down....pretty pretty lights

markc
23rd September 2007, 05:26 PM
keep letting Zac hook in to that crap that Mark calls coffee :o:026:
and he will need a RFM just to calm him down....pretty pretty lights

at least he drinks my coffee

Strangeways
23rd September 2007, 05:55 PM
Should I consider myself lucky that Mark forgot to make me a coffee ?

:lol:lol:lol:lol

markc
23rd September 2007, 06:29 PM
sorry to hijack the thread about my shitty coffee again

but tomorrow I will make a coffee and leave it on a star wars esp 1

if that puts this thread back on line :badgrin:badgrin:badgrin

Ballypinball
23rd September 2007, 09:19 PM

I am confused has this above game been sold, you need to check the screen out as well to make sure it is bright and the corners do not have color blotches,go into test pattern test as most tubes are stuffed in imported games, could cost you over a grand to replace.

pigsie
24th September 2007, 11:06 AM
those errors sound very minor
if a pinball 2000 boots up and the monitor is ok, then the most expensive parts are ok.
The PRISM Card and the Motherboard can set you back nearly a grand if they are both dead :x

pigsie

(Luv my RFM)

pinball god
24th September 2007, 12:51 PM
The machine is still for sale and is pretty much mint condition except for the errors and I don't know about the screen as it kinda looked pretty good to me. Underneath the playfield you could eat off it.
Thanks for all your help...I'll mull over the thoughts for a couple of days and if its still available make a decision either way. Again thanks to everyone

frs
24th September 2007, 03:19 PM
If it were me, I'd get another grand (ish) and buy a TZ or similar. :cool:

Ballypinball
24th September 2007, 07:12 PM
If you decide not to take it I will buy it PM me

regards

pinball god
25th September 2007, 10:14 AM
will do Wayne