PDA

View Full Version : Attack from Mars Remake

chopchop
16th March 2017, 11:31 AM
Rumor has become reality. 3 versions, LE and premium with color oversized LCD. No pricing as yet but Wayne is after expression of interests. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170316/f31c4c19aaa33405fe4b8ffb77ec9ea1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tas_tig3r
16th March 2017, 11:46 AM
There's a video posted on the Pinball Enthusiasts page on Facebook for anyone that wants a look.

markandsophie
16th March 2017, 11:49 AM
looks good but lets wait till ryza confirms this please. He might chime in here but hes probably listening to Iron Maiden on his ipod.

tas_tig3r
16th March 2017, 11:56 AM
looks good but lets wait till ryza confirms this please. He might chime in here but hes probably listening to Iron Maiden on his ipod.
It's for real. Confirmed.

pocketscience
16th March 2017, 01:23 PM
Ryza and others have been posting here: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/85454-AFMr-Claytons-Announcement

paddy21
27th February 2018, 02:11 PM
Are remakes as good as the originals? Or better?

Ballypinball
27th February 2018, 05:07 PM
Subjective

Better as in more features, double colour high quality colour display and topper etc, but different to original in regards to boards

Last I saw remake rated higher on ipdb top 100

KJS
27th February 2018, 06:24 PM
I agree with above but will add from my perspective and personal experience the following I may well be wrong.

Lighting fixed in either cool or warm white compared to totally customisable on an original.
Not sure on sound either ( pinsound upgradable etc)
Not sure on 100% available parts. Originals have parts readily available from multiple suppliers not just one.
I have recently sold off alot of my A titles all of which fetched considerably more than a new top line remake and had people in line to take them as well.
From people I have met...9/10 would prefer the original.
If you have a collection its nice to know you have interchangeable parts.
All of these points above is why I personally would not like a remake.
If I was 100% positive I would never get an original version of a title I was after I would think about it then only.

Ballypinball
27th February 2018, 07:07 PM
The parts are only available as 90% are the same on the remake,

What I can tell you is they sell a min of 2000 units of each remake so far, more than most other game new releases

KJS
28th February 2018, 03:52 AM
So to me then the themes , game play etc of the remade titles are more popular than the new releases maybe? Or it could be all about reminiscing.....
Like the talk on iron maiden of late. I think about these type games as a group (cokrok). Kiss Metalica Iron maiden etc.
Laugh you may but bear with me.....what if someone released a Bee Gees themed pin for example. Stay'n Alive. Dance floor top playfield, belting out the classics with tech and class of say dialled in. Man that would be cool in my books.

Anyway sorry op for straying off topic.
Answer is whatever you are personally happy with.

sleazius
28th February 2018, 05:51 PM
Laugh you may but bear with me.....what if someone released a Bee Gees themed pin for example. Stay'n Alive. Dance floor top playfield, belting out the classics with tech and class of say dialled in. Man that would be cool in my books.

I'd honestly buy:

Queen
Hendrix
Beatles
Black Sabbath
Led Zepplin (never happen)
- I'll stop there but the list is long

Its the reason Stern keeps returning to music pins. Its a gold mine.

Dicky
28th February 2018, 07:10 PM
Hello someone say Queen Hell Yeah come on Heighway

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

Lazarus
1st March 2018, 09:18 AM
I'd honestly buy:

Queen
Hendrix
Beatles
Black Sabbath
Led Zepplin (never happen)
- I'll stop there but the list is long

Its the reason Stern keeps returning to music pins. Its a gold mine.

and a Deep Purple!

DivMon
1st March 2018, 05:38 PM
and a Deep Purple!

I know what it would play when the flipper stays energised

Timbo
2nd March 2018, 10:20 AM
Burn?

I know what it would play when the flipper stays energised

cooper78
18th March 2018, 07:59 PM
I would love a Queen pinball!!! Generally, i like the non franchised ones but I would make an exception with Queen.