PDA

View Full Version : Possible Dalek Pop Bumper Mod

ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma
14th March 2017, 01:51 PM
Just played the new(?!) Dr Who: Master of Time on The Pinball Arcade and was blown away (it doesn't take much) by the Dalek Pop Bumpers.

I was wondering if anyone has the skills (3d printer??) to make up some straight replacement pop bumpers with a dalek head? I'd pay good money for a replacement set.

I'd pay even more money if you could make it with a mech that when the pop activates, it pushes a small lever that moves the dalek 'stalk' which would be hinged. See what I mean in this vid at 40 seconds or whenever the ball goes into the pop bumpers:

https://youtu.be/NDf4Mb44qd4?t=40s

It's probably wishful thinking, but thought I'd put it out there just in case ;)...

BIG Trev
14th March 2017, 03:38 PM
That'd be an awesome mod. I'm sure it could be done.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hotty
14th March 2017, 03:40 PM
Yep can do for $275 ea. Is that good money? Min order 3, introductory offer.

That'd be an awesome mod. I'm sure it could be done.

Yeah but unfortunately not by me :D

BIG Trev
Me either.😣

14th March 2017, 03:41 PM
Yep can do for $275 ea. Is that good money? Min order 3

PM Sent!!! :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Yep can do for $275 ea. Is that good money? Min order 3, introductory offer.

Cheaper than my topper :p

hotty
14th March 2017, 03:43 PM
Stand in line your not the first. Taking fully paid Pre-Orders now ETA TBA. Possibly a Super Unobtainium Edition.

14th March 2017, 03:46 PM
Stand in line your not the first. Taking Pre-Orders now ETA TBA.

Can we expect them before or after King Kong's release?

toads
14th March 2017, 04:53 PM
Can we expect them before or after King Kong's release?

Do you know about the Dalek posts?

pinball god
14th March 2017, 05:10 PM
Once upon a time there was a small boy whose mother sent him to the market to buy a cow and he returned with 3 magical Dalec pop bumpers........but I digress with this fairy tale.

Just played the new(?!) Dr Who: Master of Time on The Pinball Arcade and was blown away (it doesn't take much) by the Dalek Pop Bumpers.

I was wondering if anyone has the skills (3d printer??) to make up some straight replacement pop bumpers with a dalek head? I'd pay good money for a replacement set.

I'd pay even more money if you could make it with a mech that when the pop activates, it pushes a small lever that moves the dalek 'stalk' which would be hinged. See what I mean in this vid at 40 seconds or whenever the ball goes into the pop bumpers:

https://youtu.be/NDf4Mb44qd4?t=40s

It's probably wishful thinking, but thought I'd put it out there just in case ;)...

14th March 2017, 05:11 PM
Do you know about the Dalek posts?

If you mean these, I was 'meah' when I saw them. They didn't do much for me. But pop bumpers would look cool.

toads
14th March 2017, 05:27 PM
If you mean these, I was 'meah' when I saw them. They didn't do much for me. But pop bumpers would look cool.

Yer I thought you'd have them:)

14th March 2017, 05:42 PM
Cost to care ratio was way off

Coon82
14th March 2017, 07:48 PM
Thats a sweet idea for pop bumpers :023:

14th March 2017, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately, as @Ryza (http://www.aussiearcade.com/member.php?u=15233) pointed out... There's no room!!! :lol

One pop is virtually flush under the ramp. One is under the "increase transmat faster when lit" sign, which could be taken off but...

And the 3rd bumper is approx 1/3 under the ramp so the dalek would have to be lobotomized.

Nice idea but would need some serious modification and no way that would happen with the ramp there.

Autosteve
14th March 2017, 08:43 PM
I hope they can be made stronger than the cooling towers used on The Simpsons pinball pop bumpers. Those things were absolute rubbish.

It was less than 6 months and they had to be all changed because I got the shits waiting on spares to arrive only to see them break again within weeks and find bits of smashed red plastic all over the playfields.

14th March 2017, 08:56 PM
I hope they can be made stronger than the cooling towers used on The Simpsons pinball pop bumpers. Those things were absolute rubbish.

It was less than 6 months and they had to be all changed because I got the shits waiting on spares to arrive only to see them break again within weeks and find bits of smashed red plastic all over the playfields.

Unfortunately this idea has be relegated to my imaginaaaaaaaaaation.... imagina a a a a a a a aition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2kP2TZqc3M

hotty
15th March 2017, 11:34 AM
Unfortunately, as @Ryza (http://www.aussiearcade.com/member.php?u=15233) pointed out... There's no room!!! :lol

One pop is virtually flush under the ramp. One is under the "increase transmat faster when lit" sign, which could be taken off but...

And the 3rd bumper is approx 1/3 under the ramp so the dalek would have to be lobotomized.

Nice idea but would need some serious modification and no way that would happen with the ramp there.
Could probably do something above the slingshots and they mechanically activate via the movement of the solenoid plunger link when switched but i'd be asking for really good money now������

15th March 2017, 03:57 PM
Could probably do something above the slingshots and they mechanically activate via the movement of the solenoid plunger link when switched but i'd be asking for really good money now������

PM Sent!

hotty
15th March 2017, 05:09 PM
All sold out. Will be taking orders for the Vault Edition in the near future.

lkadlec
19th March 2017, 07:07 AM
I while ago I got a mate to design some 3d switch covers for my doctor who. It took some time but I'm happy with the result. :)

107479 107480

You get them from here Shapeways (https://www.shapeways.com/product/R8X24PPSR/whomobile-pinball-mod-tv-series-version-windows?optionId=58437679).

He has a few versions available and you get them in 1 colour so you have to paint them. I also ended up adding the lights.

I can ask him if he is intrested in looking into the pop bumber, but when you look at the second image you notice that there is stuff on top of the bumpers so I'm not sure how much room you are going to have there. Not sure if it something I would end up doing to my machine.

I also looked into those darlek post and didn't like the result. I do have other toys that I will be adding once I start restoring that machine.