PDA

View Full Version : Future Pinball Configuration

JustAnotherRat
8th January 2017, 06:32 PM
Future Pinball hasn't really impressed me however there are a few tables that seem to look OK. Masters of the Universe, Jaws and Gremlins are the tables that look OK. I have them on my Pinball X frontend and they launch fine, the problem I have is that for Masters of the Universe. The table loads but won't load from the front end with the settings I need for it to work. If I launch it, the images become very pixelated if I don't change the settings to display at high quality, the problem is that I want to set high quality however it won't stick so it looks like crap. The other tables work fine but MOU which is the table I decided to install FP for doesn't. If I can't fix it, I'll just remove FP.

Are there other must see FP tables?

RustyCardores
8th January 2017, 06:36 PM
Future Pinball hasn't really impressed me however there are a few tables that seem to look OK. Masters of the Universe, Jaws and Gremlins are the tables that look OK. I have them on my Pinball X frontend and they launch fine, the problem I have is that for Masters of the Universe. The table loads but won't load from the front end with the settings I need for it to work. If I launch it, the images become very pixelated if I don't change the settings to display at high quality, the problem is that I want to set high quality however it won't stick so it looks like crap. The other tables work fine but MOU which is the table I decided to install FP for doesn't. If I can't fix it, I'll just remove FP.

Are there other must see FP tables?

I gave up on FP because of the physics but War Of The Worlds was one of my faves.

Are you using BAM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustAnotherRat
9th January 2017, 09:56 AM
I gave up on FP because of the physics but War Of The Worlds was one of my faves.

Are you using BAM?

The physics are horrible and I probably won't play them much but thought themes such as those mentioned might be nice to have. I don't think I am using BAM but I do know I tried to at one point.

The problem I am having with the Masters of the Universe annoys me as I can get it to work manually and save the configuration but it doesn't use that configuration when launching from the front end.... maybe I am saving the config wrong?

RustyCardores
9th January 2017, 11:10 AM
The physics are horrible and I probably won't play them much but thought themes such as those mentioned might be nice to have. I don't think I am using BAM but I do know I tried to at one point.

The problem I am having with the Masters of the Universe annoys me as I can get it to work manually and save the configuration but it doesn't use that configuration when launching from the front end.... maybe I am saving the config wrong?

My config... note that it is not pointing to the FP.exe as I am using BAM ( which is an absolute must)http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170109/239a4d3d74999d2ece3d45d6cba6e342.jpg

RustyCardores
9th January 2017, 11:12 AM
I just activated FP again... man it is shit! ...but this is a very pretty table with an awesome soundtrack!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170109/780424e5ddc751148053d11ca60a1b92.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170109/5316cd651b58de225c383b6ebc94052f.jpg

OzStick
9th January 2017, 11:23 AM
There are so many great looking tables in FP and it's a much greater pity that they are utterly horrible to play!!!!!

I dumped FP recently due to that, as once most of the recreations have been covered by VP there was really no reason to continue with FP. Especially EMs, where it felt like playing pinball on the moon.

Oh and thanks RustyCardores for bringing up War Of The Worlds - I'm listening to it right now. :)

RustyCardores
9th January 2017, 11:55 AM
"Bows & arrows against the lightning" ;)

It's a shame that the dev dropped FP, as it really did have promise. While the physics is the major issue, the lack of good multiplayer support was a real problem for those of use who have mates come around for a beer and some play. Plus there is no splitting of audio for PMD either :( ... although DOFlinks is now out there.

Flicking back through the cab just now and some of the tables that I held in high regard "visually", now look like a Hasbro 'Mr Potato Head' game on a Win98 PC. VPX really has surpassed it in every way!

***In the interest of full disclosure. I have to say that I loved the Hasbro PC games when my kids were little. Mr Potato Head, Pyjama Sam & Spy Fox were awesome!! A couple of months ago, I even caught my son (now 20 and an IT professional) emulating Windows on his MacPro just to play Pyjama Sam. lol :) ...but I digress. ;)

JustAnotherRat
9th January 2017, 12:14 PM
So it seems that I should open Pinball X settings and set Future Pinball to No. Move on, nothing to see here. I wish Those tables were in VP.

RustyCardores
9th January 2017, 12:24 PM
So it seems that I should open Pinball X settings and set Future Pinball to No. Move on, nothing to see here. I wish Those tables were in VP.

Kinda... yeah ;)

But by all means try it out. It really shouldn't be too big a job to get BAM up and running and load a table or two. From there you can decide if you wish to move forward or not. I turned mine off after 63 regular tables and 17 SLAMs and hours & hours of tweaking.