PDA

View Full Version : Bally 1957 ball bowler restoration

v200juke
15th November 2016, 06:20 PM
Some recent pictures of this monster Totally stripped to nothing but a wooden cabinet. .This thing was a total sh@tbox. So many parts were missing or rotted . Coming together real nice, Mark.

ddstoys
15th November 2016, 06:45 PM
Looking good mate all that beautiful timber can't wait to start mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v200juke
15th November 2016, 07:04 PM
That left hand rail is an 11 foot piece of oregon wood. Imagine going to your local hardware store and buying that now! I have sanded and smoothed all wood surfaces but left notches, cigarette burns as I really want to keep the patina where possible.

ddstoys
15th November 2016, 08:22 PM
That left hand rail is an 11 foot piece of oregon wood. Imagine going to your local hardware store and buying that now! I have sanded and smoothed all wood surfaces but left notches, cigarette burns as I really want to keep the patina where possible.

To remake one of these today would cost an absolute fortune. And glad your leaving imperfections silky smooth and perfect takes away from these old games

jason1
15th November 2016, 08:57 PM
Nice work mate, best of luck with the restoration, should be a fun one

Chicago
24th November 2016, 10:56 PM
Nice, I'd like one too some day. Were any operated here, or were they recent imports?

ddstoys
25th November 2016, 01:41 AM
Nice, I'd like one too some day. Were any operated here, or were they recent imports?

Mine was an Aussie operated game