PDA

View Full Version : VPGL7 - table nomination thread

skids
5th October 2016, 07:04 PM
Here's the table nomination thread for VPGL7.

Each player can nominate up to 5 tables that can play both VP9 and VP10

All nominations will then be pooled and one game selected at random to be played by everyone for 2 weeks(except 1,2,3,9,10 which will be shoved intogether with other weeks), with a total of 10 tables to be played, ill update this thread with start ad finish dates.

Looking to start in late January 2017

previous tables will be allowed

Nominations so far

Abra ca Dabra Jed
Attack from Mars Just AnotherRat
Cosmic Gunfight Jed
Demolition man Jed
Evel kenievel Skids
Flash Gordon Jed
Giligans Island Just AnotherRat
Heavy metal meltdown Skids
Joker Poker Jed
Laser Ball Skids
Medieval Madness Just AnotherRat
Pharaoh Skids
Six million dollar man Dedrok
Skate ball Dedrok
Totan Dedrok
Triple strike Dedrok
Vulcan Dedrok

JustAnotherRat
5th October 2016, 07:22 PM
I am not sure how many can play on VP10, if it means people can't wouldn't VP9 be better?

I currently don't have a cab but I do have TV's set up on the dining room table for testing. I might get some games in.

I like the fact that previously played games can be nominated as there are some I missed out on by not joining in with the VPGL earlier (in my defense I didn't know about it)

skids
6th October 2016, 03:07 PM
I am not sure how many can play on VP10, if it means people can't wouldn't VP9 be better?

depends on the majority and on how many players there is?

I've chosen three table that are in VP9 & VPX (i assume thats VP10)
Genesis (Premier 1986)
Pharaoh (Williams 1981)
Laser Ball (Williams 1979)

Dedrok
7th October 2016, 08:28 AM
I can only play vp9 and not sure I would have all tables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jed
8th October 2016, 09:56 AM
I guess that's Americas Most Haunted out then... I like the idea of nominating games that can be played in both 9+10

JustAnotherRat
8th October 2016, 11:54 AM
I guess that's Americas Most Haunted out then... I like the idea of nominating games that can be played in both 9+10

I have it on VP9, but Dedrok doesn't have it.

If Dedrok needs tables, I am happy to grab them and give them to him.

Jed
8th October 2016, 02:53 PM
I have it on VP9, but Dedrok doesn't have it.

I think AMH is only vp10

I'll nominate

Demolition man (VP9/VP10)
Abra ca Dabra (VP9)
Joker Poker (VP9/VP10)

Edit: I vote to keep nominations as is IE, VP9 or VP10. making it exclusive to a version is only going to make it difficult for some people.

JustAnotherRat
8th October 2016, 04:26 PM
I think AMH is only vp10

I'll nominate

Demolition man (VP9/VP10)
Abra ca Dabra (VP9)
Joker Poker (VP9/VP10)

Edit: I vote to keep nominations as is IE, VP9 or VP10. making it exclusive to a version is only going to make it difficult for some people.
AMH is definitely available on both. I have it on VP9.

Jed
8th October 2016, 04:35 PM
AMH is definitely available on both. I have it on VP9.

Yes but the VP9 version is a desktop table, the old version by shoopity. Full Screen/cab is VP10 only I think, at least I have never seen a VP9 full screen version, could you post a link ?

I'd nominate it, but the ultradmd stuff is a bit of a PITA to setup but the game is so good.

JustAnotherRat
8th October 2016, 06:08 PM
I'll see if I can find a link. I downloaded it as a cab version (I've never converted a table and I had it before I downloaded VPX).
I agree with the UltraDMD being a PITA.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Aussie Arcade mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90390)

Dedrok
8th October 2016, 06:48 PM
I have it but not unzipped or set up.
Haven't even touched the computer.

JustAnotherRat
10th October 2016, 05:58 PM
I'll see if I can find a link. I downloaded it as a cab version (I've never converted a table and I had it before I downloaded VPX).
I agree with the UltraDMD being a PITA.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Aussie Arcade mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90390)

Maybe I was wrong and you were right Jed

I can't find a cab version but found the information below in the thread of the desktop version. I don't remember converting it, but maybe I did.

"As I've said in multiple places, you can make it Cabinet ready by changing the Backdrop settings to what you like. You can change them to:

If you're unwilling/able to make the changes yourself, then yes, you'll have to wait." - Shoopity

skids
17th October 2016, 06:59 PM
due to lack of interest

JustAnotherRat
17th October 2016, 09:49 PM
Fair enough. I would have tried to join in but can't guarantee that I'd have time at the moment. Thanks for trying Skids.

Arcade King
7th December 2016, 10:19 AM
Come on guys 4 votes? don't let the MGL guys out do the pinballers :p

I'm happy to hand our special mod privileges for this section if it helps maintaining it.

Dedrok
7th December 2016, 11:48 AM
due to lack of interest

I think start it up in the new year.

Jed
7th December 2016, 11:55 AM
I think start it up in the new year.

I second the motion. A comp after silly season has died down would be cool.

I'm really loving the vpin after installing the tactile feedback pucks and it's getting more use than ever now...

skids
7th December 2016, 09:39 PM
Sounds good, might have to ring in a few more players<_<

Jed
7th December 2016, 09:48 PM
i'm happy to put up some posts around the traps to promote the comp, see if we can get a bit of international interest. i reckon i could get at least a few more

Dedrok
8th December 2016, 09:50 AM
Can we run tables for 2 weeks though with the overlap.
Last time I got too busy and missed games.

skids
8th December 2016, 09:51 AM
VP9 would be the best to go with, maybe with a side note of VP10?

Jed
8th December 2016, 10:14 AM
what about only tables that have versions in both vp9 + vp10 ?

last comp, there were some ordinary vp9-only tables coming up... don't reckon that helped with participation ?

obviously some tables play easier in vp9 cause of the old version of nudge, but the comp is just for fun...

I'd play VP10 every time though, it's just feels so much better, and looks the goods :)

skids
8th December 2016, 10:38 AM
That will do,
I am a pauper I don't have vp10 or nudge :)
Back to table nominations then.

skids
14th December 2016, 06:54 PM
Evel Kenievel
Genesis
Heavy metal meltdown.

Jed
14th December 2016, 08:59 PM
Guys,

I've posted a call for players on the Visual PInball Addicts FB group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VPAddicts/

It's a great group/resource for VP heads. I know some of you here are already there (JAR) !

Dedrok
14th December 2016, 09:46 PM
I just started playing on VPF again for fun. Game of the week and winner chooses next game.
Is mainly testing the new vpx tables but can play anything.

For this I'll choose
TOTAN
Triple Strike
Skate ball

JustAnotherRat
19th December 2016, 08:30 AM
Guys,

I've posted a call for players on the Visual PInball Addicts FB group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VPAddicts/

It's a great group/resource for VP heads. I know some of you here are already there (JAR) !

I sure am there, after you pointed me to it... It is a great place to keep up with all that is going on in VP. I have some catching up to do as far as tables but am still working on the build side of things.

At this stage I don't think I'll nominate any games, but I hope to have time to play.

Jed
19th December 2016, 11:59 PM
I sure am there, after you pointed me to it... It is a great place to keep up with all that is going on in VP. I have some catching up to do as far as tables but am still working on the build side of things.

At this stage I don't think I'll nominate any games, but I hope to have time to play.

far as recent table releases go, the quality stuff has been the new versions of Scared Stiff and Medieval Madness, been playing a bit of those plus the remixed Cactus Canyon and Theatre Of Magic.

Vp10 has been a boon for the DMD era pins but i would like to see more SS being given the vp10 treatment. The guys on MonsterBash Pincab who are the new maestros make tables based on votes cast on the website, and most people seem to vote for DMD era games. Not complaining though as they are making scratch build Indiana Jones next :) but still. sooo many great SS pins from the late 70's and early 80's stuck in vp9-land.

JustAnotherRat
16th January 2017, 09:27 AM
Is this happening? Dedrok has his cab running again so he can challenge the best, I have my new build playable (still work to be done, but it is completely playable) so I can fight for the wooden spoon.

Time to have some fun.

Jed
16th January 2017, 11:42 AM
Is this happening? Dedrok has his cab running again so he can challenge the best, I have my new build playable (still work to be done, but it is completely playable) so I can fight for the wooden spoon.

Time to have some fun.

I'm keen to also fight for that spoon.
skids I'm also happy to help out updating scores and lend a hand if needed.

Dedrok
16th January 2017, 02:57 PM
You guys , come over to the Vpf weekly challenge thread.
It pretty much has turned into a vpx table test/tweak threads with a fun challenge thrown in.

JustAnotherRat
16th January 2017, 03:14 PM
It pretty much has turned into a vpx table test/tweak threads with a fun challenge thrown in.

I thought about joining in but I don't need another forum of people laughing at my lack of ability.

Dedrok
16th January 2017, 03:21 PM
No one laughs and I doubt you'd be last.

Good way of getting tweaked games though.

Jed
16th January 2017, 05:22 PM

I checked it out, just not got around to any serious play yet. I'll have another look.

skids
16th January 2017, 07:14 PM

Time to have some fun.

Yes it is happening, maybe kick off 27 January ?
Might need some more nominations.... Only got six tables

Jed
17th January 2017, 09:33 AM
I count 9, dedrok me and skids. Get 'em in people :)

JustAnotherRat
17th January 2017, 10:17 AM
Medieval Madness
Attack From Mars
Gilligans Island

Needed a few DMD games in there :)

skids
17th January 2017, 01:42 PM
I count 9, dedrok me and skids. Get 'em in people :)

Sorry Jed I missed your nominations, updated. 12 tables.

JustAnotherRat
17th January 2017, 01:57 PM
Wob you should join in on this

So should Sortablecat and RichMac82

skids
27th January 2017, 06:35 PM
game on

somehow i managed to nominate 5 tables, i want to keep them in the league, so feel free to nominate up to 5 tables too

Demolition man Jed
Abra ca Dabra Jed
Joker Poker Jed
Evel kenievel Skids
Genisis Skids
Totan Dedrok
Triple strike Dedrok
Skate ball Dedrok
Pharaoh Skids
Laser Ball Skids

Jed
27th January 2017, 10:15 PM
game on

somehow i managed to nominate 5 tables, i want to keep them in the league, so feel free to nominate up to 5 tables too

Demolition man Jed
Abra ca Dabra Jed
Joker Poker Jed
Evel kenievel Skids
Genisis Skids
Totan Dedrok
Triple strike Dedrok
Skate ball Dedrok
Pharaoh Skids
Laser Ball Skids

cool,

then I also nominate:

Flash Gordon
Cosmic Gunfight

Dedrok
27th January 2017, 10:50 PM
Vulcan

Dedrok
1st February 2017, 02:30 PM
Six million dollar man

skids
3rd February 2017, 06:01 PM
Wondering if someone could create a word doc or something similar of a simple walk through for setting up VP9 (and or VPX) desktop version in a ploy to attract more vpgl players?

Jed
3rd February 2017, 10:37 PM
Wondering if someone could create a word doc or something similar of a simple walk through for setting up VP9 (and or VPX) desktop version in a ploy to attract more vpgl players?

VPForums has some good tutorials with videos, and they have incorporated a lot of the work into automatic installers now. Anyone interested should check the link below.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=143

When I first started I found a 'visual pinball gigapack' torrent that contained hundreds of desktop tables and all the stuff I needed to get going, along with instructions. This pack is still out there on torrent sites, but I don't know how current they are any more.

JustAnotherRat
19th February 2017, 11:12 AM
Hey, shouldn't table 4 be up? :unsure

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Aussie Arcade mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90390)

acejas
19th February 2017, 11:25 AM
OT...I love this VP league but RL is really busy atm. I will definitely join in the next league.

Jed
19th February 2017, 11:34 AM
Hey, shouldn't table 4 be up? :unsure

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Aussie Arcade mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=90390)
skids is going to be away for the end of table 4 and 5 so asked me to do them - I misunderstood, thought I was just going to round up the scores and finish it. I'll post table 4 later today, got a busy sunday with the family until tonight.

Capp
13th March 2017, 02:49 PM
Table Nomination

1: Congo
2: Nitro Groundshaker
3: Champion Pub
4: Breakshot
5: Indy 500

skids
23rd March 2017, 06:05 PM
Table Nomination

1: Congo