PDA

View Full Version : MameWah help

felixthadog
28th August 2007, 11:04 AM
I have just read this about MameWah on the Ultimarc website:

"This front end deserves special mention because it is ideal for use with the ArcadeVGA card and Windows, especially if used in a cabinet with no keyboard".

I would like to install MameWah on my PC, but I can't find any easy-to-understand documents to help me get started. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Matthew

DKong
28th August 2007, 12:17 PM
I have just read this about MameWah on the Ultimarc website:

"This front end deserves special mention because it is ideal for use with the ArcadeVGA card and Windows, especially if used in a cabinet with no keyboard".

I would like to install MameWah on my PC, but I can't find any easy-to-understand documents to help me get started. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Matthew

You might find some help in this post Mamewah Help (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=5124&highlight=mamewah)

felixthadog
28th August 2007, 02:40 PM
I have installed MameWah and opened the Mame.ini file, which looks like this:

### Mame.ini (mamewah v1.62) ###

emulator_title Mame

### List Generation Settings ###
rom_path c:\mame\roms
rom_extension zip
dat_file c:\mame\mame.dat
nms_file
catver_ini_file c:\mame\catver.ini
list_generation_method rom_folder_vs_dat_file

### Execution Settings ###
pre_emulator_app_commandlines c:\winipac\winipac.exe "c:\winipac\profiles\[emuname].ipc"
emulator_commandline c:\mame\mame.exe "[rompath]\[name].[romext]"{nodosbox}{nosafelaunch}
post_emulator_app_commandlines c:\winipac\winipac.exe "c:\winipac\profiles\mamewah.ipc"
general_app_commandlines c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -r=[name] -c=[cloneof];c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -b="c:\cpv2\images\mamewah.jpg";c:\histview\histview.exe -r=[name]

### Artwork Settings ###
artwork_image_paths c:\mame\snap;c:\mame\marquees;c:\mame\cpanel;c:\ma me\titles;c:\mame\flyers;c:\mame\cabinets
movie_preview_path c:\artwork\videos\[emuname]
movie_artwork_no 1
enable_fuzzy_search 0

### Screen-Saver Settings ###
enable_music_in_screensaver 0
select_random_game 0
saver_type saver_commandline
movie_path
movie_fullscreen 1
quit_delay 30
saver_commandline c:\mamewah\screensaver\ms_pacman.scr /s

### Additional Settings ###
music_path
lcd_display_file_path

### Settings used by MAMEWAH ###
current_list 0

==========
What version of MAME should I be using (MAME32, DMAME etc)? I tried MAME32 but there is no mame.dat file or catver.ini file created during the installation, so MameWah is unable to generate the game list.

Please help!!

Matthew

Virgil Tracy
28th August 2007, 05:18 PM
AtomicFE is the answer to all of your problems

felixthadog
28th August 2007, 06:19 PM
AtomicFE is the answer to all of your problems

According to the Ultimarc website, "MAMEWAH supports 640 X 288 mode in Windows for a flicker-free non-interlaced display with an arcade monitor. (to configure this, look in mamewah.cfg and change the "640 X 480" to "640 X 288")." Does AtomicFE support this as well? What version of MAME should I use with AtomicFE to get the best results on an arcade monitor?

Matthew

Virgil Tracy
28th August 2007, 06:22 PM
Resolution can be configured to your needs, and use any version of mame or any emulator

www.atomicfe.com

Arcade King
28th August 2007, 06:26 PM
Have to admit Atomic FE is the BOMB! except for the bland way Virgil sets it up.

felixthadog
28th August 2007, 06:30 PM
Resolution can be configured to your needs, and use any version of mame or any emulator

www.atomicfe.com

Can the resolution be set individually for each game? If I use MAME32, do I need to configure settings in MAME32 and AtomicFE or can I configure everything in AtomicFE? Does AtomicFE choose the best resolution to run at?

Matthew