PDA

View Full Version : MGL 27 - Game 7 - Star Force

John73
29th April 2016, 06:02 PM

Our 2nd to last game for MGL 27 and it's another vertical shooter to demonstrate just how bad I am at these days :) And also another game by Tehkan (Bombjack being the other one) which must be a first for an MGL to have two of their games going at once.

This is your stock standard vertical shooter - joystick in 8 way and 1 fire button - mash away.

ROM: starforc.ZIP
Game Ends: May 15th 6pm AEST.

Good luck

camaro
29th April 2016, 09:13 PM
Just had a quick look at this and it is a game I do remember playing BITD. Not that I was any good but see how it goes

Barra
29th April 2016, 09:26 PM
YES what a fantastic game this is. Easily one of the best veritcal shooters IMO.
Cleopatra you will be mine!!!

magrinder
30th April 2016, 12:04 AM

Cleopatra eh? I've never seen Cleopatra. I suspect it's highly unlikely that I'll ever see Cleopatra. :)

Mameshane
30th April 2016, 07:42 AM
YES what a fantastic game this is. Easily one of the best veritcal shooters IMO.
rigged![emoji14]

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

John73
30th April 2016, 02:25 PM

nfi how I managed to last this long.

RMacauley
30th April 2016, 04:06 PM
I've never liked this game and at this rate nothing's changing any time soon

camaro
30th April 2016, 09:19 PM
First games of this in 25 years....completely forgotten about it.

http://i.imgur.com/32lRkjJ.png

Missed the 50K bonus and to paraphrase "Who the f**k is Cleopatra"

RMacauley
1st May 2016, 02:34 AM
"Who the f**k is Cleopatra"

No Who the f**k is ... Oh never mind. :p

As for Cleopatra I can't reveal anything about her until week 2 but it's nothing I'll ever reach

magrinder
1st May 2016, 09:46 AM
No Who the f**k is ... Oh never mind. :p

As for Cleopatra I can't reveal anything about her until week 2 but it's nothing I'll ever reach

most of us won't... glad this isn't percentage based. :)

Batfink
1st May 2016, 10:36 AM
MGL 27 - Game 5 - Star Force

This could be confusing with two Games 5's...

DKong
1st May 2016, 11:50 AM
MGL 27 - Game 5 - Star Force

This could be confusing with two Games 5's...

Thanks, fixed!

One of my favourite games, just love playing it.

Mameshane
1st May 2016, 04:49 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160501/96fbd032110b9366511c8b0fd2c9045b.jpg

Fire_Power
1st May 2016, 05:29 PM
93,500 Never played this before, yea for MGL - I must be to old.

Mameshane
1st May 2016, 08:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/y91MLX4.jpg

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

JustAnotherRat
1st May 2016, 10:52 PM

Never played this before and only had 2 games tonight. I expect that there will be some massive scores coming in for this one.

kane
2nd May 2016, 06:42 PM
Slow Force.

Mameshane
2nd May 2016, 07:29 PM

http://i.imgur.com/0eWGxmw.jpg

next game after had a game going with 200k with first man and lost all lives by 250k :(

Barra
2nd May 2016, 11:57 PM

DKong
3rd May 2016, 07:38 AM

What no Cleopatra!!!

Barra
3rd May 2016, 07:23 PM
What no Cleopatra!!!

I think she's in hiding ;)

magrinder
5th May 2016, 05:58 PM
I think she's in hiding ;)

805K? I was anticipating 1.8 mil from you...

- - - Updated - - -

Hope to improve on this, though me and shooters never really mix all that well.

camaro
5th May 2016, 06:06 PM
Improving slightly. a few things have come back to me but Barra will have this one stitched up
http://i.imgur.com/kbf1IKD.png

Fire_Power
6th May 2016, 07:59 AM

camaro
6th May 2016, 03:54 PM
Coming at you Barra:p. Not likely!
396K first man.....very happy with that then the difficulty increased very quickly.
http://i.imgur.com/SMRBR1X.png

Barra
6th May 2016, 05:36 PM
Coming at you Barra:p. Not likely!
396K first man.....very happy with that then the difficulty increased very quickly.
http://i.imgur.com/SMRBR1X.png

Nice score!!

Did you get any 50k/80k bonuses? Can I say these exist? Lol

camaro
6th May 2016, 05:49 PM
Nice score!!

Did you get any 50k/80k bonuses? Can I say these exist? Lol
No bonuses but yeah they exist. Used to get them back in the day but not now.
But the "extra" extra man helps

Barra
6th May 2016, 05:57 PM
No bonuses but yeah they exist. Used to get them back in the day but not now.
But the "extra" extra man helps

Well that is certainly a great score without any bonuses. Sort those out and you'll be scoring 800k+ in no time.

Rat
6th May 2016, 08:07 PM
Yay back at home now and playing on the cabs instead of my phone :) 6 to 8 weeks off work on crutches at home so I should be able to get a few games in, as much as I can tolerate anyway which ATM is only a couple of goes up and down the stairs to the games room per day.

Just fired up Star Force, have always liked this game, tough but fair, a memory game as far as bonus goes and hidden stuff (which I don't know much about) with enough variety in the enemies to make it not seem patternable.

I need to check my dips but assume Easiest is default....my cab high is 330k and I got 270k after a couple of games so I hope to smash both those tomorrow before I tire of it.

camaro
6th May 2016, 08:17 PM
Yay back at home now and playing on the cabs instead of my phone :) 6 to 8 weeks off work on crutches at home so I should be able to get a few games in, as much as I can tolerate anyway which ATM is only a couple of goes up and down the stairs to the games room per day.

Just fired up Star Force, have always liked this game, tough but fair, a memory game as far as bonus goes and hidden stuff (which I don't know much about) with enough variety in the enemies to make it not seem patternable.

I need to check my dips but assume Easiest is default....my cab high is 330k and I got 270k after a couple of games so I hope to smash both those tomorrow before I tire of it.

Welcome back

Rat
7th May 2016, 12:43 PM
Must be close to hints time isn't it?

I used to be able to predict which way the stage end enemy was going to go when it appeared, left or right, but I can't remember what the clue or manipulation was now, something really simple I imagine, care to explain?

Barra
7th May 2016, 12:55 PM
Must be close to hints time isn't it?

I used to be able to predict which way the stage end enemy was going to go when it appeared, left or right, but I can't remember what the clue or manipulation was now, something really simple I imagine, care to explain?

Yes!

The end of level "boss" will go left or right depending on the hundreds digit in your score
If its an ODD number, he'll go left. An EVEN number he'll go right

Also, theres a "mid-boss" that appears in quite a few places. Middle of stage 1 is the first one. He appears on the screen and then "flashes" at a certain point. Shoot him AFTER he flashes but before his other pieces join up and you'll get a 50k bonus. This requires quite a bit of mashing. Any shots you hit on him BEFORE the flash, will add 1 to the tally you need to destroy him. Timing is key

Also if you get far enough you'll see a massive vertical line of the green tiles. Shoot 16 in a row for an 80k bonus. Sometimes its possible to get 32 in a row.

Other than that....shoot the things and dodge the things.

:)

camaro
7th May 2016, 03:29 PM
Just missed an 80k bonus on this one
http://i.imgur.com/V6rPhKd.png

magrinder
7th May 2016, 03:32 PM

When going for the 50K bonus, do you get in between the pieces forming so you can get right up to the flashing thingy?

What level was Cleopatra? do you recall?

This score is near or at my PB. I have however seen Cleopatra once, though was enable to meet her in such a manner that would change my posted PB.

camaro
7th May 2016, 03:41 PM

When going for the 50K bonus, do you get in between the pieces forming so you can get right up to the flashing thingy?

What level was Cleopatra? do you recall?

This score is near or at my PB. I have however seen Cleopatra once, though was enable to meet her in such a manner that would change my posted PB.

Never seen Cleopatra, Barra can answer that one. Haven't been able to get the 50k bonus during this MGL.

Barra
7th May 2016, 03:44 PM
Yep get right up next to the boss and hammer him before the other pieces get near

Cleopatra from memory is around area 11 if you do everything right. I've been as far as 13 without seeing her though. All depends where you die etc as you get pushed back sometimes, but its always the 3rd violet continent and on the right hand side of the coelacanth.

Cleopatra is 1,000,000 points if you can snag her. I've been to her 2 or 3 times in the past but never managed to shoot her enough. It takes a bunch of shots to uncover her and a bunch more to destroy (capture) her for the bonus.
Heres where she is located:

Also, this is a vid of me demonstrating the 50k bonus on stage 1:

https://youtu.be/NCQ5_CBZm5k

Good luck!

magrinder
7th May 2016, 04:06 PM
No then ha! I take that back. I saw something else, not Cleopatra (and it was a while ago too). Thanks for the vid Andrew. How consistently can you grab the 50K? I seem to die every time I try it so I stopped trying. I should probably start trying for it again though. I know those bonuses run throughout the various levels.

Your game play is far more controlled than mine too. I'm constantly flaying back and forth the screen in sheer panic. This could be one of the reasons I'm not so strong with shooters ;)

Barra
7th May 2016, 04:15 PM
No then ha! I take that back. I saw something else, not Cleopatra (and it was a while ago too). Thanks for the vid Andrew. How consistently can you grab the 50K? I seem to die every time I try it so I stopped trying. I should probably start trying for it again though. I know those bonuses run throughout the various levels.

Your game play is far more controlled than mine too. I'm constantly flaying back and forth the screen in sheer panic. This could be one of the reasons I'm not so strong with shooters ;)

With keyboard I was probably 9/10. PS4 controller 7/10 and stick about the same at the moment. Can't mash as fast as keyboard yet (different hand)

camaro
7th May 2016, 06:16 PM
Looks like Barra has this one stitched up
http://i.imgur.com/7EjR86R.jpg

Mameshane
8th May 2016, 10:36 AM
the timing is too tight for those bonus points :( i cant get it consistently enough

Rat
8th May 2016, 07:41 PM
Gunna aim to knock DKong down a peg tomorrow :)

Stuffed if I can get the 50k bonus I just can't fire quite fast enough.

I know virtualgaz is bloody handy at this game :D

http://i.imgur.com/usBi9Tjh.jpg

DKong
8th May 2016, 09:32 PM
Gunna aim to knock DKong down a peg tomorrow :)

Stuffed if I can get the 50k bonus I just can't fire quite fast enough.

I know virtualgaz is bloody handy at this game :D

http://i.imgur.com/usBi9Tjh.jpg

Might have a few games myself tomorrow, finding it difficult to get the 50,000 as well. I might concentrate on that.

kane
8th May 2016, 09:51 PM

Mameshane
8th May 2016, 10:31 PM
so.. decided to play a game after playing some donkey kong. finally get the 50k bonus. and then realize that my joystick is in 4way lol decide to keep playing and get a PB regardless lol

http://i.imgur.com/HTuPImb.jpg

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

CrazyKongFan
9th May 2016, 03:29 AM

Haven't had a chance to play this one yet, so I fired it up...it must've been in some previous MAME tournament somewhere, as I'd already played it 6 times (according to the playcount in Wolfmame 106), and I remember that opening tune. So I'll submit my 1st attempt, but I'll keep playing and shouldn't have any problem beating that :D

Rat
9th May 2016, 03:44 PM
Spent about an hour tweaking pots on my chassis to adjust my picture on my Vert cab which had been looking a bit washed out and not nearly as vibrant and bright as the Horiz cab next to it and WOW now it looks great at least as good as the Horiz cab. It's beautiful, I love the bright colours and contrast, I'm sooo happy, I had to play through a few favourite old games to see how good they looked. I got 1,400,000 on Bomb Jack (default dips) first game in ages.

I was actually prepared to swap out the tube or chassis (noob at this and would need to ask for help) or both on this cab to get it up to my fussy standards, but I thought I had better have one more try at adjustments first. I had left it for ages because it actually didn't look too bad when played in the dark but was obviously dull when the room lights were on. So I just played it in the dark which is fine, but it was eating at me that it wasn't as good as it could be, such is the bane of a perfectionist ;) Happy day :)

Have not progressed on Star Force yet...played about 6 more games and still can't get the 50k and didn't even crack 400k today.....noticed my 440k last night didn't save in my HS list either, happens sometimes, must be one of those games that doesn't save the score until you start a new game so if you escape the game after putting your name up it doesn't save.

Will play some more, but starting to swear at it a bit :D

DKong
9th May 2016, 04:14 PM
Finished a MAME PC for a friend this morning and tried out CRTEmuDriver beta 2.00 with a newer 4 series Radeon card and windows 7.

Wow, the resolutions seem so much better for some reason as compared to my XP, CrtEmuDriver 1.2 setup. (Tested on same cab).

And the setup was so much easier.

Will have to do a rebuild on mine now!

What better way to test than to play some Star Force, still can't get the 50,000 but getting closer to Cleopatra!

- - - Updated - - -
Rat yeah this game does some funny highscore things, if you reset the game the scores will reset (well mine did), also I finished a game earlier went to put my name in
and it gave me the score a few above it??

Rat
9th May 2016, 05:07 PM
Finished a MAME PC for a friend this morning and tried out CRTEmuDriver beta 2.00 with a newer 4 series Radeon card and windows 7.

Wow, the resolutions seem so much better for some reason as compared to my XP, CrtEmuDriver 1.2 setup. (Tested on same cab).

And the setup was so much easier.

Awesome :) just when I'm happy with mine now you go and give me the urge to update....maybe in the coming weeks.

Nice score also, did you get any 50k's ?

DKong
9th May 2016, 05:27 PM
Awesome :) just when I'm happy with mine now you go and give me the urge to update....maybe in the coming weeks.

Nice score also, did you get any 50k's ?

No 50,000's , have tried but can't nail it.

Yes I need to build a horizontal rig for my horizontal cab, just need to find a decent PC.

bigredbird
9th May 2016, 05:32 PM

2 games will do me on this one.
Button mashers just aren't my thing (Track 'n' Field could be an exception):p
Submitting score just so I have participated in every game.

Batfink
9th May 2016, 06:30 PM
better than I did in last IGBY

got hard at 200k , lost 3 lives for 9k :(

danny_galaga
9th May 2016, 09:29 PM

First game. As usual, to get a score up in case I don't play it again! Hopefully I will get a chance though as it is a fun shooter. I figure I can probably double that score. Doubt I can get anywhere near some of these scores here though!

CrazyKongFan
10th May 2016, 05:29 AM
it must've been in some previous MAME tournament somewhere, as I'd already played it 6 times (according to the playcount in Wolfmame 106), and I remember that opening tune.

better than I did in last IGBY

ah, that must be where I played it before :D

JustAnotherRat
10th May 2016, 09:29 AM
I had to play through a few favourite old games to see how good they looked. I got 1,400,000 on Bomb Jack (default dips) first game in ages.

When you say default dips, what were the settings? It was discussed in the Bomb Jack thread that depending on the version of MAME, the default DIPS are different. The default dips on my cab were easy but changed them to hard as that is the default in newer versions of MAME.

Always good to hear a fix costs nothing more than tinkering time. I wish I could fix everything that way but my knowledge is lacking.

Rat
10th May 2016, 04:06 PM
Finally got some flow happening on this one, still no 50k

http://i.imgur.com/iDf9RZIh.jpg

Rat
10th May 2016, 06:35 PM
When you say default dips, what were the settings? It was discussed in the Bomb Jack thread that depending on the version of MAME, the default DIPS are different. The default dips on my cab were easy but changed them to hard as that is the default in newer versions of MAME.

Here are my BJ dips, they are default for my version of mame which is 0.162 from memory, I would guess from the difficulty that this is what the cabs were set at in my local arcades BITD. When I used to play it every day I could play as long as I wanted and got over 10mill a few times (it doesn't clock) but I went for survival and only got the 50k bonus on the easy screens. Stuffed if I can do that now, dunno how much practice it would take to get back to that level of play.

http://i.imgur.com/s3v8wcvh.jpg

Jed
10th May 2016, 09:34 PM
taking a break from installing things in the house, i told the mrs if I don't get some gaming time in soon, i'm going to be real cranky so she cooked us an amazing shroom risotto and sent me off to my cave.

Too much informatiomn ? :D

Don't mind this. the bosses are easy which is a relief after all the pew pew pew and the autofire pickup gives the arm a rest which is also nice.

JustAnotherRat
10th May 2016, 10:35 PM
Here are my BJ dips, they are default for my version of mame which is 0.162 from memory, I would guess from the difficulty that this is what the cabs were set at in my local arcades BITD. When I used to play it every day I could play as long as I wanted and got over 10mill a few times (it doesn't clock) but I went for survival and only got the 50k bonus on the easy screens. Stuffed if I can do that now, dunno how much practice it would take to get back to that

They are what was default on my cab, I had to change them for this MGL but your score smashes me anyway, I was just curious as to what your defaults were.

danny_galaga
10th May 2016, 10:44 PM

I could definitely keep going another hour or so, but 11pm in a block units makes me a bit self conscious :D

Jed
10th May 2016, 11:52 PM

I could definitely keep going another hour or so, but 11pm in a block units makes me a bit self conscious :D

haha.... yes, the sound of a frantic shooter could be misinterpreted quite easily, especially if you add in some intermittent swearing ;)

camaro
13th May 2016, 05:50 PM
My one hint for this game is the hidden extra man (1st one is halfway through the 2nd stage)
Shoot these things on the left hand of the screen (about 3 times each)
Some will turn into the smiley face in this pic and 1 will turn into a different smiley face, make a musical sound and give you an extra man.
http://i.imgur.com/vAxPG0E.png

danny_galaga
14th May 2016, 01:59 PM

I notice it isn't saving high scores. Anyone else have this problem?

Fire_Power
14th May 2016, 02:28 PM
194,800 very ticked off that I died so close to an extra life :(

camaro
14th May 2016, 02:51 PM
One more hint I just realised.
You can control when certain flying enemies appear.
By deliberately not shooting some, it delays when and where the next batch occurs.
Each main boss arrives when you have reached between 35k and 40k.
Not taking into account any 50k or 80k bonuses you get along the way.
Just got a 609k score which was far easier than my 624k score.
Did not shoot any of the 1st 2 waves on the 1st level and it made the game easier from there.

Rat
14th May 2016, 05:48 PM

I notice it isn't saving high scores. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah that happened to me also and I have noticed it with some other mame games, I think it's a glitch in when the games / mame saves the high score. For games that seem buggy like this I always make sure I finish putting my name in and then start another game before I exit the game back to menu and that seems to help with saving, could just be a coincidence though?

Fire_Power
15th May 2016, 08:30 AM
215,100 - extra life didn't do much for me. My hiscore feature is ropey in this game too - makes it and stays as long as the game is on but not retained in Mame. I use a fairly old version I think 107 but most other hiscores are retained.

Foot
15th May 2016, 12:51 PM
I remember playing this before although my MAME set up tells me zero plays, oh well not a bad game just point and shoot

Batfink
15th May 2016, 12:51 PM
small improvement. not sure ill get any more time today.

OOO
15th May 2016, 05:56 PM
What's up dudes?

Saw this game come up and just finished playing my last game of Star Force tonight... and it was my best score and just made the cutoff for this MGL ...

That's what I call good timing ...
0 x 50K bonuses
0 x 80K bonuses
1 x Cleopatra to the funeral

Beat my previous best in MGL 17 of 1,010,400.

I did not play that well this time round , but I'll take it ... :071: ... pew pew pew ...

I'll also post the end of Cleopatra for you shortly, when Photobucket gets off maintenance mode ... :realmad:

Barra
15th May 2016, 05:57 PM
What's up dudes?

Saw this game come up and just finished playing my last game of Star Force tonight... and it was my best score and just made the cutoff for this MGL ...

Great stuff!! I was hoping you'd show up for this game :)
Did you manage to snag a Cleopatra?

Fire_Power
15th May 2016, 05:59 PM
Wow :o

OOO
15th May 2016, 06:10 PM
Great stuff!! I was hoping you'd show up for this game :)
Did you manage to snag a Cleopatra?

Yes the only one for me this MGL ... and without the fast shooter too ... almost impossible with the slow shooter.
Like I said I'll post a video of that kill ... give me a few minutes. Funny thing too was it did not pay until further into the game ... very strange.

:035:

camaro
15th May 2016, 06:26 PM
Yes the only one for me this MGL ... and without the fast shooter too ... almost impossible with the slow shooter.
Like I said I'll post a video of that kill ... give me a few minutes. Funny thing too was it did not pay until further into the game ... very strange.

:035:

:worship:
I thought I was doing OK on this but wow

John73
15th May 2016, 06:59 PM
Time Up! Sorry, I was late ringing the bell on this one.

One week to go and that's it for MGL27.

Rat
15th May 2016, 09:25 PM
Well done OOO :)

I do like this game but it's bloody frustrating and I'm slow to improve at it, getting to round 7 consistently but not often getting past it and I think I have had enough of it.

Here is another high score bug for us, this game has quite a few bugs, Gary who used to hold the record for it (2.6mill I think) said he guessed the game was rushed and unfinished.

Anyway I scored 400k on the 7th round (as usual) but when I went to put my name up it game me over 500k and a different round. This did NOT happen for the 595k score I posted before, I wonder if anyone else noticed this bug?

http://i.imgur.com/jqlqnEJh.jpg

OOO
15th May 2016, 09:51 PM
Well done OOO :)

Thanks Rat! Really sad to hear you had a bad prang. Well I guess you can get some decent gaming in ... :laugh:

Anyway I finally managed to get that video finished ... :realmad:
Now wait a second before you click play ... turn up your speaker volume first to unbearable and then down a small tad to just bearable.
Why? Well I play most of my games to music, it gets the heart a pumping ... :049: ... hit it!

https://youtu.be/2HGysonttTQ

Note the hand speed on the fire button, no cheating here, no auto fire, not like some of those criminal MAME recordings.
May all your MGL gaming be fun ... :026:

Rat
15th May 2016, 10:00 PM
Nice video :)

Can you get the 50k bonus OOO ? I have tried many times and can't do it, I think it must be one of the greatest score to difficulty ratio bonus around. If you can do it I would love to see a video like that showing the split screen of you pressing the fire button.

OOO
15th May 2016, 10:11 PM
Nice video :)

Can you get the 50k bonus OOO ? I have tried many times and can't do it, I think it must be one of the greatest score to difficulty ratio bonus around. If you can do it I would love to see a video like that showing the split screen of you pressing the fire button.

I am not good at this bonus. The main issue is not really the shot speed. It is the timing of exactly when to start shooting.
I'll let Barra post his 50K ... I have had enough tonight with all the dramas with my video and my PC. Took ages ...

And I love that idea of the Tasmanian Pinball and Arcade Game Enthusiasts Facebook group.
Had a look tonight and it looks like us mainlanders aren't welcome? Well OOO supports your cause!
Great idea!

Rat
15th May 2016, 10:45 PM
I am not good at this bonus. The main issue is not really the shot speed. It is the timing of exactly when to start shooting.
I'll let Barra post his 50K ... I have had enough tonight with all the dramas with my video and my PC. Took ages ...

And I love that idea of the Tasmanian Pinball and arcade Game Enthusiasts Facebook group.
Had a look tonight and it looks like us mainlanders aren't welcome? Well OOO supports your cause!
Great idea!

LOL.....yeah well the idea was to make it easier for Tasmanian enthusiasts to keep in touch and share stuff that is specific to Tassie, but as you might have noticed the first blow in member is from Melbourne and I accepted his request.
It's not so much that others are not welcome it's just that I have not targetted them.....if Mainlanders have an interest in the Tassie scene for whatever reason such as maybe wanting to visit one day then sure they are most welcome to join. I will edit some of the info later to reflect that thanks :)

Barra
16th May 2016, 01:50 PM

Yep all about the timing. As I mentioned earlier any shot you hit before the boss flashes, will be added to the total needed to destroy it. Its best to watch the other pieces coming in from the sides as the will be a always be the same distance away.

Also I haven't ever noticed the bugs you speak of.

camaro
16th May 2016, 07:08 PM
Star Force completed and OOO came in late and smashed the competition (and Cleopatra)
http://i.imgur.com/E98cnjQ.jpg

Barra
16th May 2016, 09:17 PM
Wow 17 million? Lucky this wasn't % based ;)

camaro
16th May 2016, 10:11 PM
Wow 17 million? Lucky this wasn't % based ;)
Oops will fix that tomorrow.

camaro
17th May 2016, 04:39 PM
Correct score for OOO updated.
http://i.imgur.com/qLUfRtn.jpg

Jed
18th May 2016, 03:35 PM
wow, what a huge score from @OOO (http://www.aussiearcade.com/member.php?u=9067) :cool:

just for me..... % based - 100 points him, v 13 points me.
new scoring system 25 him, 14 points me.

I know what I prefer ;)