PDA

View Full Version : What's the largest LCD that fits in a standard Williams Cab

ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma
24th August 2015, 12:47 PM
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I can't find the answer when searching :unsure.

I have an empty Flintstones cabinet and bought one of those Dick Smith 39.5" TV's for it, but it's too small for my liking :x.

What's the largest TV I can go in that cab, even if I have to de-case one?

mystico
24th August 2015, 04:25 PM
That's about it .
maybe another inch but ain't going to be noticeable.

OzStick
24th August 2015, 07:17 PM
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I can't find the answer when searching :unsure.

I have an empty Flintstones cabinet and bought one of those Dick Smith 39.5" TV's for it, but it's too small for my liking :x.

What's the largest TV I can go in that cab, even if I have to de-case one?
As discussed when you came over to see me, it's really a matter of taking a tape measure to a few TVs to see what will physically fit.

It's generally said that a decased 40" LED TV will usually fit into a standard width cab, otherwise consider routering a notch into the inside of the side panels to create a little extra width - maybe an extra 5-7mm per side. It's doubtful a 42" would fit and I've not seen anything in 41" so you're probably stuck between the 39.5" DSE and a yet-to-be-found 40" LED.

Just out of interest, how much side clearance do you have in that cab with the 39.5" DSE panel??

ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma
25th August 2015, 08:06 PM
Just out of interest, how much side clearance do you have in that cab with the 39.5" DSE panel??

Zero clearance! And I will need to cut the remote sensor off or cut out a notch in the cab.

81973 81974

I'm messing around with the idea of installing an old monitor bracket with a swivel in the cab and attach this tv to is so when I need to work in windows, I can lift and swivel 90 deg instead of having to work sideways like you do :unsure

acejas
25th August 2015, 08:24 PM
http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/74686-39-5-quot-29-quot-15-6-quot-virtual-pinball-project-this-could-take-awhile

This what angus has done. Maybe get some more details in what he did to decasing the bezel