PDA

View Full Version : Vpgl4

Jed
5th June 2015, 01:21 PM
Fellow Vpinners,

VPGL4 will start soon but will follow a different format.

All players nominate one table and we play all tables over three months simultaneously. Plenty of time to play any or all tables.

I'll maintain score ladders in each table thread.

Comp Tables so far:

Kane: Junk Yard
StevOz: Big Brave
Jammasized: Flash Gordon
JustAnotherRat: Fish Tales
Matty_g_8: Cirqus Voltaire
Cruiserman: Congo
Dedrok: Harlem Globetrotters
Stuzza: NBA Fastbreak
MrBungle: Roller Disco

Tables already played (exempt from nomination)

Medieval Madness
Jacks Open
Eight Ball Deluxe
STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION
Road Kings
Cosmic Gunfight
Scared Stiff
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The FLINTSTONES
ATTACK FROM MARS
JOKER POKER
HAUNTED HOUSE
THE ADDAMS FAMILY
FAST DRAW
TAXI
Abra Ca Dabra
Close Encounters
Bride Of Pinbot
lord of the rings
Ripley's Believe it or Not
FUNHOUSE
JUNGLE QUEEN
STAR WARS (Data East)
Star Trek 25th Anniversary Edition

Dedrok
5th June 2015, 05:50 PM
Well, ya know I'm always keen.

Just when I got Brads new pack and started to do some updating, the cab pc now wont boot up. So looks like DT for me again.

StevOz
5th June 2015, 06:15 PM
Sure I'll throw my hat in the ring...:slamtilt:

kane
5th June 2015, 06:56 PM
Aye! :pirate:

I couldn't find a table for Spirit of '76 of VPForums, can you throw up a link when you get a chance.

Jed
6th June 2015, 10:59 AM
Aye! :pirate:

I couldn't find a table for Spirit of '76 of VPForums, can you throw up a link when you get a chance.
Dammit, there's no desktop for Spirit of 76....

StevOz
6th June 2015, 11:51 AM
You can adjust the backdrop setting to play in desktop mode thus..

http://vpforums.org/imghost/58/76s.jpg

http://vpforums.org/imghost/58/76ss_t.jpg (http://vpforums.org/imghost/58/76ss.jpg)

It plays, though needs a lot more work to create a proper DT version.

MrBungle
6th June 2015, 02:37 PM
I'll jump in as well. I think I can manage the time frame you are suggesting OK!

JustAnotherRat
7th June 2015, 12:14 PM
I'll join in and play, not sure how much time I'll dedicate to it... so many toys, so little time.

Jed
7th June 2015, 02:30 PM
Good stuff everyone. Stay tuned for more tables as they trickle down. ...

StevOz
9th June 2015, 08:05 PM
So as a suggestion can I recommend Big Brave as a classic EM suggestion...

http://vpforums.org/imghost/58/bb3_t.jpg (http://vpforums.org/imghost/58/bb3.jpg)

Jed
9th June 2015, 08:16 PM
So as a suggestion can I recommend Big Brave as a classic EM suggestion...

http://vpforums.org/imghost/58/bb3_t.jpg (http://vpforums.org/imghost/58/bb3.jpg)

Cool, I like this one too.

This has given me a thought.

Everyone that wants to play gets to choose one table that has not been played before.

The most free range VPGL yet :)

acejas
9th June 2015, 08:17 PM
count me in!! build is on standstill...whens it start? LOL

Jed
10th June 2015, 09:38 AM
I'll jump in as well. I think I can manage the time frame you are suggesting OK!

Good stuff, so what is your table choice ?

- - - Updated - - -

count me in!! build is on standstill...whens it start? LOL

Welcome ! VPGL4 will start very soon, I just have to formalise the posting of the tables.

tables will be posted up for play as soon as all players have nominated one table of their choosing. I'll keep Flash Gordon as my choice :)

matty_g_8
10th June 2015, 11:25 AM
Im in aswell need an excuse to play mine again! Haven't kept up to date with the newest table updates

stuzza
10th June 2015, 12:15 PM
I'd probably be keen. The new longer format will probably make it easier for me to play some games over a few weeks. Plus I can add any new tables I don't have. I even have button nudge on my cab now so no excuses! :)

Jed
10th June 2015, 01:52 PM
Im in aswell need an excuse to play mine again! Haven't kept up to date with the newest table updates

Mate same reason I started up the comp again, need a reason to play mine again and get me away from Project Cars :)

kane
10th June 2015, 09:15 PM
Everyone that wants to play gets to choose one table that has not been played before.

The most free range VPGL yet :)

I'll go Junk Yard :cool:

Jed
11th June 2015, 02:24 AM
That's 3 tables so far... The first post in this thread holds the tables nominated to date. Once everyone has put a table forward I'll start kicking them off.

make sure it's a game that can played in Desktop and Full screen in VP9.x

Dedrok
11th June 2015, 02:53 PM
Maybe I should be barred from choosing tables :lol.

I will have to have a look through and find something. There was one I really enjoyed on the cab a few weeks ago, but what was it ? :unsure

CruiserMan .... get in on this if you are able.

JustAnotherRat
11th June 2015, 03:15 PM
I'll put forward Fish Tales... partly because I want to see what others get on this and partly because it is a table that really got me hooked on pinball and I have never got a decent score.

MrMaloo
11th June 2015, 07:13 PM
Yeah I'm in . This new format may suit me better as my chance to get on my PC is limited these days .

I'll have to go back through previous comps to see what tables have already been played and then pick a different one to nominate .

Jed
12th June 2015, 01:12 AM
Yeah I'm in . This new format may suit me better as my chance to get on my PC is limited these days .

I'll have to go back through previous comps to see what tables have already been played and then pick a different one to nominate .

You need a fortress of solitude....

would be great for you to play again - someone needs to challenge Dedrok ;)

These are the tables so far.... keep them coming..

once all players have posted a choice I'll create new comp threads for every table.

Kane: Junk Yard
StevOz: Big Brave
Jammasized: Flash Gordon
JustAnotherRat: Fish Tales

Jed
12th June 2015, 02:14 AM
To make a selection easier I've made a list of tables already played in VPGL's 1,2,3 in the first post of this thread, that can't be nominated again.

matty_g_8
12th June 2015, 08:05 AM
ill go Cirqus Voltaire

Dedrok
12th June 2015, 04:12 PM
I'm trying to narrow it down and am leaning towards Bally Harley Davidson among a couple of others.

I'll get back to you. I left my list at the comp venue.

Jed
12th June 2015, 05:05 PM
I'm trying to narrow it down and am leaning towards Bally Harley Davidson among a couple of others.

I'll get back to you. I left my list at the comp venue.

No probs

There's some pretty cool tables people have nominated so far :023:

MrMaloo
12th June 2015, 07:02 PM
I'll nominate CONGO please Jamma .

Jed
15th June 2015, 12:22 PM
ok MrBungle stuzza Dedrok what table would you like to add to the list ?

With your three selections That will give us 9 tables to play over about a 3 month period.

If we don't get a 10th player then I might round out the selection with a 10th table chosen from a VPForums new release or something.

Dedrok
15th June 2015, 12:56 PM
Harlem Globetrotters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stuzza
15th June 2015, 02:48 PM
NBA Fastbreak

MrBungle
15th June 2015, 05:24 PM
Can I nominate 'Car hop'

Jed
16th June 2015, 01:29 PM
Done and Done.

Ok I've requested that a new section be created for VPGL4 and once done Iwill post up the tables into there.

Still after a 10th table, but might leave that in case someone else wants to join in and noiminate a table.

This is the lineup that will all be played over a three month period. PLay any table, any time and post a score.

Junk Yard
Big Brave
Flash Gordon
Fish Tales
Cirqus Voltaire
Congo
Harlem Globetrotters
NBA Fastbreak
Car Hop

Dedrok
17th June 2015, 11:45 PM
I just noticed that the VPGL4 section is up. Game on :)

Jed
18th June 2015, 01:03 AM
I just noticed that the VPGL4 section is up. Game on :)

with thanks to Brad for creating the new section. I'll start posting the tables up.

I'm thinking about some experimental rules.... like everyone except you gets 5 balls every game :lol

matty_g_8
1st July 2015, 08:46 AM
Hey I havent really touched my cab since brads torrent ages ago are the tables used in Vpgl4 update in brads torrent?

matty_g_8
30th November 2015, 12:02 PM
Really have been slack playing this tournament. Every time I seem to turn it on ill end up fiddling around with tables ect

Jed
30th November 2015, 01:05 PM
Really have been slack playing this tournament. Every time I seem to turn it on ill end up fiddling around with tables ect

Don't worry mate, I've been extremely slack too only put up a few scores, due to other stuff going on keeping me too busy.

Speaking of which, I'm looking at closing off VPGL4 before the end of year.

matty_g_8
30th November 2015, 01:25 PM
Don't worry mate, I've been extremely slack too only put up a few scores, due to other stuff going on keeping me too busy.

Speaking of which, I'm looking at closing off VPGL4 before the end of year.

Yeah I think I preferred the one to two games every few weeks. Then I would actually play it and learn the rules ect

Jed
30th November 2015, 02:25 PM
Yeah I think I preferred the one to two games every few weeks. Then I would actually play it and learn the rules ect

Yeah, I think that was a better format too.

Resurrect it In the new year sometime for VPGL5 perhaps :)

Dedrok
30th November 2015, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I find a tight deadline makes you actually have to play and post a score. Even if it's only 1 or 2 games that you get time for.

JustAnotherRat
30th November 2015, 03:40 PM
Yep. I think everyone is agreeable on this.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Jed
4th December 2015, 11:13 AM
Hey everyone,

Just some notice that I'll close off all the comp tables by Sunday 20th December. So you got 2+ weeks to post or improve your scores.

I'll put up a general ladder update soon so there's a feel for the overall standing. (That's another casualty of running all tables at once, hard to keep an overall ladder going)

If anyone is keen for a VPGL5, then I reckon back to the old format of 1 table p/2 weeks sometime in the new year, if that's agreeable.

JustAnotherRat
27th January 2016, 07:12 PM
Did you close this one off? I'm keen for a VPGL5 and in the old format :)

Jed
28th January 2016, 11:00 AM
no, unfortunately the holiday season / time of year and family commitments etc got the better of me.... but it's on my 2do list, just is a lot of tidying up to do, I need to allocate a decent chunk of time to get it done, haven't had much of that lately..