PDA

View Full Version : New Stern Mustang LE Code

Guy with a Pinball
12th October 2014, 09:05 PM
Looks like the new Stern Mustang Code 1.40 is now available. Just downloaded it and will install it tomorrow. The release notes are as follows:

V1.40 - October 2, 2014
=======================

- New Burnout multiball. Spelling 1-8-0 lights Burnout multiball.
The sequence of shots in Burnout MB is:
1) Shoot 3 jackpots
2) Shoot bowl to spell BURNOUT -OR- Collect your super JP @ captive ball
3) If you spelled BURNOUT, shoot L.RAMP followed quickly by captive ball for 360 jackpot
4) Pop bumpers relight jackpots.
- New Mystery Ford rule.
- Mystery Ford is lit by completing a race (qualifying race for Silverball Stampede).
- Shoot the bowl to collect an award.
- Awards include: Upgrades, Gears, Multiball, Extra Ball, 3x scoring, progress towards drift
- New SHIFT skill shot.
- Shooting the lit GEARS letter, without making any other switches, gives an award.
- Shooting letter A while the white column is lit awards up to two gears (!).
- Shooting letters G or E while the red column is lit awards points.
- Shooting letters R or S while the blue column is lit awards points.
- New R-P-M Spinner rule.
- Spelling RPM lights RPM spinner scoring.
- Shoot RPM targets to extend RPM spinner scoring.
- Spinner score is based on #upgrades (http://www.aussiearcade.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=upgrades) .
- New powershift rule for Boss and LE machines.
- Powershifts awarded from sneak in skill shot and caution targets.
- Hit the center button during a race for a race shot award.
- New Extra ball qualification.
- EB now lights after qualifying two races for drift.
- New speech.
- Score balancing.
- EB now will appear in Toolbox if not enough extra balls are being awarded.
- Fixed new car lamp not always turning on.

Has anyone else used the new code yet?

Replay
12th October 2014, 09:22 PM
Does anyone else own a Mustang LE:laugh:

Good fun game, we are lucky Timezone has both models or I'd would have never have played one:)

silverball
13th October 2014, 07:57 AM
A great game got even better

JohnBryce0712
13th October 2014, 11:42 AM
Does anyone else own a Mustang LE:laugh:

Good fun game, we are lucky Timezone has both models or I'd would have never have played one:)

That's probably code for pro as well. Does anyone know if the targets behind the drops do anything yet? This is a title ive always liked but geez it cops some negative comments. that's what has stopped me getting one due to the fact when im done with it will I never be able to off load it unless I throw a low price on it.

Guy with a Pinball
13th October 2014, 11:51 AM
I don't know why the negative feedback. I've only just got this machine and I have to say I really, really like it. I find that I am playing this more then my STLE. The only thing I was a little disappointed in was the music selection but I have since changed my ROM with PinballBrowser and included some tracks that I like. Now I have it cranked up to about 40 so the neighbours can enjoy it as well. I find the flow on this as good as STLE and ACDC and the rules are pretty decent. I can't see me moving this one any time soon.

JohnBryce0712
13th October 2014, 12:41 PM
I love ST. Flow is second to none but i do feel your woodchopping with the missions a bit and each mode is too similar. The goals in st arnt that exciting yet imo. But i still love it. Mustang would be good change up in any collection.

dloe007
13th October 2014, 02:28 PM
Played the updated pro code at Coogee. Absolutely loved it! New burnout multiball is easy to get to and worth a ton if played right, love the mystery Ford (gives some great stuff like a free gear), new skill shot, easier to get an extra ball and cool new animations and call outs. Also gears multiball is less hard to get to and is worth a lot more as doubling the play field seems easier and the add a ball light actually shines when it is lit in multiball. Getting to the wizard mode has been made less difficult. Overall the game is easier which I find is good as I didn't like it before as it was hard to get good points and progress. Happy to answer any questions you have. Totally new game with a whole lot more scoring opportunities and fun! :)

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/12/99f2e1ae8413173db53457bb2bbbc465.jpg

JohnBryce0712
13th October 2014, 03:37 PM
Played the updated pro code at Coogee. Absolutely loved it! New burnout multiball is easy to get to and worth a ton if played right, love the mystery Ford (gives some great stuff like a free gear), new skill shot, easier to get an extra ball and cool new animations and call outs. Also gears multiball is less hard to get to and is worth a lot more as doubling the play field seems easier and the add a ball light actually shines when it is lit in multiball. Getting to the wizard mode has been made less difficult. Overall the game is easier which I find is good as I didn't like it before as it was hard to get good points and progress. Happy to answer any questions you have. Totally new game with a whole lot more scoring opportunities and fun! :)

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/12/99f2e1ae8413173db53457bb2bbbc465.jpg

Thanks for the code review. Is the burnout multiball based around the donut ring? Also what do the targets behind the drops do?

dloe007
13th October 2014, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the code review. Is the burnout multiball based around the donut ring? Also what do the targets behind the drops do?

No problem! Yes indeed the burnout multi ball requires 3 shots to the captive 'donut' ball to light the multi ball at the mustang store. How it works is you collect 3 jackpots at the left loop, right loop or captive ball which lights the captive ball for a super jackpot worth 10 million or 20 when doubled. Shooting the ramp when super jackpot is lit will spell out burnout, once burnout is spelt you can shoot the captive ball super jackpot for a better value. I never spelt out burnout and just kept cashing 10 mil supers and made 50 million in the end. Once a super is collected the pops relight the 3 jackpot shots and the same is repeated. Now the targets behind the drops. Those need to be hit to shift to 5th and 6th gear. When in 4th gear and the drops are knocked down, one of the 2 targets need to be hit before the timer ends to lock in the 5th gear. If the timer runs out, the drops pop back up and you don't get your 5th gear. For 6th gear I believe but don't hold me to it, that you have to hit both individual targets before the timer ends (not just any of the 2 like 5th gear) to lock in 6th. I can't remember whether you have to do that process twice or not to get to 6th gear, sorry. Hope that helps! :)

1.21 Gigawatts
13th October 2014, 04:47 PM
Yes for sixth gear you've gotta hit both targets. Unfortunately target hits don't count if a GEARS letter is still remaining. On the Coogee machine I've had to do sixth gear twice, but I believe it's because the hits didn't register or the 6th gear insert hasn't been lighting properly lately. So if your sure your in 6th but only the 5th insert is lit, just go for the multi-ball. It's one of the most stressful but exciting goals in Pinball because once you're in sixth gear and you get the multi-ball you can get big points. 5th gear is 5 ball multi-ball, 6th gear is 6 ball. This game is picked nearly every week without fail at the Pinball HQ League and is popular with all the players.

blue95
13th October 2014, 06:21 PM
That's probably code for pro as well. Does anyone know if the targets behind the drops do anything yet? This is a title ive always liked but geez it cops some negative comments. that's what has stopped me getting one due to the fact when im done with it will I never be able to off load it unless I throw a low price on it.

The negative feedback for Tron and Ironman when they came out didn't affect resale value down the track.

Dedrok
13th October 2014, 06:51 PM
Yeah.
Sixth gear you have to hit one standup in 5 sec and then the other stand up within another 5 sec.
If not, start again. All targets, one spot then the other spot.
Can take a few goes as it is quick.
Super is worth 50M and can be doubled to 100m.
Worth the effort.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

DOG
13th October 2014, 07:13 PM
Yeah.
Sixth gear you have to hit one standup in 5 sec and then the other stand up within another 5 sec.
If not, start again. All targets, one spot then the other spot.
Can take a few goes as it is quick.
Super is worth 50M and can be doubled to 100m.
Worth the effort.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

Risky shots though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dedrok
13th October 2014, 07:29 PM
Risky shots though

Yes. Risk vs reward. Takes a fair bit of practice to it get right.