PDA

View Full Version : CP Problems LAI Lowboy

immortal
2nd June 2014, 02:33 PM
Hey

Just got my CP to suit my LAI Lowboy off stuzza but its incorrect.

Any one ever seen that size of CP in to top photo before?

My old one has piano hinges that screw into the cabinet and also the size from hinges to top of panel is larger, also have a edge on the top of panel to hold glass down

Any help would be great :)

stuzza
2nd June 2014, 02:39 PM
My panels are to suite the standard size LAI Lowboy cab with panel width of about 530mm as explained in my for sale thread. They are for the most common Lowboy like below, where there is a wooden panel below the cp with the player 1 and 2 start buttons. The bottom of the metal cp sits over the top ledge of that panel and is held in via clips on either side underneath.

Looks like your cab is a different style or a modified version of a lowboy?

http://members.iinet.net.au/~lantra9jp1/gurudumps/MyStuff/lowboys.jpg

immortal
2nd June 2014, 02:42 PM
I must had a odd ball one which is strange but the cabinet at front and looks are the exact same including inside where cashbox is to placement of coin mechs on door

Only thing that is missing is the player 1/2 buttons as it was a old cards but the size of door to that panel of player 1/2 start buttons are the same as a common lai lowboy thats what got me not to worry ill put my thinking cap on and make it work :)

Morty Moose
2nd June 2014, 06:20 PM
All LAI machines even the ones they operated but did not build should have their build plate on it with serial number...
there are a lot of copies out there..
Do you have a photo of the whole machine

immortal
2nd June 2014, 06:54 PM
Thats one thing i cant find on it unless its been removed

Once i start the resto ill throw some pics up should be this weekend i hope :)

narf_
2nd June 2014, 07:10 PM
Top corner of marquee should have evidence of a plate.

I've had a few lowboy clones in the past

immortal
2nd June 2014, 07:15 PM
No evidence of a plate no holes nothing but this things has like 10 layers of paint on it

spez778
2nd June 2014, 10:37 PM
hi your cp looks very similar to an old poker card cab I have, if it originally was a poker cab or similar then chances are it is a clone to the lai I have an lai lowboy and the cp on my poker cab is shorter than the lai

Boots
2nd June 2014, 10:51 PM
Hey

Just got my CP to suit my LAI Lowboy off stuzza but its incorrect.

Any one ever seen that size of CP in to top photo before?

My old one has piano hinges that screw into the cabinet and also the size from hinges to top of panel is larger, also have a edge on the top of panel to hold glass down

Any help would be great :)

Yep seen quite a few of those before, can't remember if the were LAI or not.
Can't remember, they are off a taller boxier looking cab aren't they?

Spawn069
3rd June 2014, 07:31 PM
I think I have the same CP on my lowboy with P1 and P2 buttons on the front... What help do you need?

immortal
3rd June 2014, 07:56 PM
That looks the same as my panel same size at front the lot. I bought one of stuzza but it doesn't fit due to being a difference size what i need to know does your cabinet have a LAI ID Tag on to top?

immortal
4th June 2014, 08:36 PM
I worked out a good idea. What i was thinking was to cut the section out of my old panel to fit the panel i got off stuzza in. Should look ok i guess but will be raised up a little bit bit i am not worried too much about it the old panel is useless anyway so not worried too much about it

Spawn069
4th June 2014, 08:41 PM
No LAI ID Tag of any kind..... Seems to be a generic all black lowboy cabinet.

immortal
4th June 2014, 08:43 PM
Does yours have woodgrain under the paint? checked my one out no id tag at all but mines been painted with about 10 layers of paint with good woodgrain under it

immortal
4th June 2014, 11:07 PM
Looking at panel looks like if i cut 2 slots for the clip hold downs in the old one i can slide the new cp over the old one then just mark out where buttons ect go on old cp should work fine without recking the new one :)

stuzza
5th June 2014, 09:10 AM
Looking at panel looks like if i cut 2 slots for the clip hold downs in the old one i can slide the new cp over the old one then just mark out where buttons ect go on old cp should work fine without recking the new one :)

Can't you just remove your old panel, cut a piece of timber to go horizontal above the front door (add a small lip on the back top of it), then fit the new panel in to the normal position on this new piece??

immortal
5th June 2014, 03:24 PM
I could do that but i am hopeless with woodwork :(

stuzza
5th June 2014, 04:02 PM
I could do that but i am hopeless with woodwork :(

Measure it up and take the measurements into Bunnings. They will cut a piece to size for you. ;)

immortal
5th June 2014, 08:47 PM
Cheers