PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions - RC Car around $300

ktm450
17th April 2014, 06:55 PM
Hi guys,
I have no idea what is available in RC cars these days. My 8 year old son is looking to spend his pocket money to buy a good quality RC car. He would like something around the $300 mark.
We live on property and the main area the car would be run is on a gravel driveway.
Obviously durability and spare part availability is a big plus.
I am open to any suggestions you guys have.

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

Woody
17th April 2014, 07:42 PM
I bought my 3 boys RC cars for Christmas, 6, 8 and 10 y/o.

I bought them "ECX Boost Buggies" which were $200 ready to go and I have to say, they are great. Fast, strong and parts mostly interchange with traxxas parts.

I would not hesitate to recommend one.

ktm450
17th April 2014, 09:14 PM
I bought my 3 boys RC cars for Christmas, 6, 8 and 10 y/o.

I bought them "ECX Boost Buggies" which were $200 ready to go and I have to say, they are great. Fast, strong and parts mostly interchange with traxxas parts.

I would not hesitate to recommend one.

Thanks Woody, they look like a very durable car with good reviews for a entry level model.

How long is the run time off a full charge?

Where did you buy yours from? I could only find one supplier in Australia.

Regards,
Matt.

Woody
18th April 2014, 09:13 AM
I got them from Mild to Wild (http://www.mildtowildrc.com.au/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=2&q=boost) here in Brisbane. I see they are showing out of stock though. They did tell me they would get things in though if available.

Charge times is about an hour and a half for 15 minutes of flat out driving. You can of course get larger capacity batteries and faster chargers, but this seems to be reasonable IMHO.

ktm450
18th April 2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks heaps for the info Woody

- - - Updated - - -

I have ordered one from modelflight (http://www.modelflight.com.au/cars/beginner-rc-cars/ecx-boost-rc-buggy-1-10-rtr-black-green.html)
$220 with free shipping.

Thanks for your help :023: