PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Islands

Arcade King
6th May 2007, 10:13 AM
Problem: Vertical dots through the background graphics,graphics were completely garbled and unrecognizable. effected text also but character graphics were ok. problem seem to strange would come and go sometimes then just went completely. happened last night when I turned the game on then went away by itself turned it on this morning and it was stuffed and stayed stuffed.
Fix:Two 74ls244s IC 11 and 28 were at fault, IC 28 was the main culprit. Included are 2 pics I took which show faults on either chips when one 244 removed and good 244 in the other, last pic is game fixed.

25/3/76

Symptom: Muffled and distorted sound, all music and sound FX seem to be present.
Fix: Bad TL074CN(Quad Operational Amp) @ IC67 Equiv parts LM324 and I'm using a pulled BA10324 out of a neogeo.

Guru-Choc
6th May 2007, 01:02 PM
Great little game, sold both of mine though when I lost interest in it all. Don't have a Parasol Stars anywhere do you :)

Arcade King
6th May 2007, 03:48 PM
Great little game, sold both of mine though when I lost interest in it all. Don't have a Parasol Stars anywhere do you :)

I didn't even know Parasol was released in the arcade? thought it was only released on home computers/consoles. Game never appealed to me the way Rainbow does.

Roxbury
6th May 2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah I think Parasol Stars was PC Engine & Home Computers (Amiga, ST, C64 etc) only

Arcade King
6th May 2007, 04:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasol_Stars

Guru-Choc
6th May 2007, 05:18 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasol_Stars

I have sworn testimony it existed in an arcade in an Edinburgh University, maybe was just the rumoured PC-Engine version in a cab. I am sure it did exist in proto version at Taito.

Arcade King
6th May 2007, 05:31 PM
I personally believe from what I've read a arcade version is just hogwash. Judging by the popularity of the series if a arcade version existed it would have been produced.

James
3rd August 2007, 10:29 AM
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=&game_id=8984

?

Guru-Choc
3rd August 2007, 11:06 AM
Never seen that before, someone actually confirms they have one, YIPEE.

Arcade King
3rd August 2007, 03:12 PM
its KLOV...need I say more.

sneek
3rd August 2007, 03:32 PM
its KLOV...need I say more.

:lol... its funny cause its true...

Mr_Staypuft
3rd August 2007, 03:33 PM
As I've discussed with GuruChoc before, I'm sure I played Parasol Stars
in a Melbourne arcade in the early 90's.

I doubt that it was a "pc engine cab" as it ran with normal "insert coin" type messages.
(Surely if it was a "pc engine cab" it wouldn't have those?)

Arcade King
25th March 2008, 12:34 PM
Been going through my boards just plugging them in to see if they still work. I dunno why I keep this shit some times, you store it away never to be used and when you do plug it in you get faults.

Symptom: Muffled and distorted sound, all music and sound FX seem to be present.
Fix: Bad TL074CN(Quad Operational Amp) @ IC67 Equiv parts LM324 and I'm using a pulled BA10324 out of a neogeo.

Womble
25th March 2008, 12:44 PM
How many boards do you have in your collection at the moment?

Davefjedi
25th March 2008, 02:25 PM
How many boards do you have in your collection at the moment?

His house is a typical QLD one on stilts 1 stilt is made up from Galaga, Galaga 3, 1942, 1943, Gyruss, Time Pilot, Space Invaders, Galaxian, Phoenix, Moon Cresta, Scramble, Zaxxon, Xevious, Frogger, Centerpede

Millipede, Super Cobra, Juno First, New Rally X, Tank Battalion, Pacman, Ms Pacman, Junior Pacman, Super Pacman, Pacman Plus, Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Junior, Donkey Kong 3, Dig Dug, Dig Dug 2, Crush Roller, Mr Do, Mr Dos Castle, Ladybug, Burgertime, Mappy, Pengo, Hustler

Space Panic, Super Breakout, Arkanoid, Qix, Pinball Action, Shaolins Road, Bombjack, Amidar, King And Ballon, Van Van Car

dont ask what the other stilts are made up from theres a few old cabs in there too

Womble
25th March 2008, 02:33 PM
Alas the stumps on my house are merely concrete :(

Foot
25th March 2008, 02:45 PM
I heard he was renovating, going to use his spare Neo geo carts as bricks! :jump:

GameDude
27th March 2008, 08:50 PM
His house is a typical QLD one on stilts 1 stilt is made up from Galaga, Galaga 3, 1942, 1943, Gyruss, Time Pilot, Space Invaders, Galaxian, Phoenix, Moon Cresta, Scramble, Zaxxon, Xevious, Frogger, Centerpede

Millipede, Super Cobra, Juno First, New Rally X, Tank Battalion, Pacman, Ms Pacman, Junior Pacman, Super Pacman, Pacman Plus, Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Junior, Donkey Kong 3, Dig Dug, Dig Dug 2, Crush Roller, Mr Do, Mr Dos Castle, Ladybug, Burgertime, Mappy, Pengo, Hustler

Space Panic, Super Breakout, Arkanoid, Qix, Pinball Action, Shaolins Road, Bombjack, Amidar, King And Ballon, Van Van Car

dont ask what the other stilts are made up from theres a few old cabs in there too

So he has a 48in1 PCB ? :evil

dlfrsilver
25th November 2009, 12:44 AM
Ok, i have mailed a moment ago Parasol stars coder, Mick West.

He has confirmed to me that Parasol star is a conversion from the PCE cartridge,
and TAITO themselves (coders) confirmed to the mame team they never made
a jamma board of Parasol Stars.

Guru-Choc
25th November 2009, 06:35 AM
Ok, i have mailed a moment ago Parasol stars coder, Mick West.

He has confirmed to me that Parasol star is a conversion from the PCE cartridge,
and TAITO themselves (coders) confirmed to the mame team they never made
a jamma board of Parasol Stars.

That settles it then I guess.