PDA

View Full Version : MGL 19 - Game 3 ~ Pac-man ~ [FINISHED]

OOO
26th September 2013, 11:35 PM
Mighty Challenge No.3 ?

MGL 19 ? Game 3 ~ Pac-man

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/PacmanMGL19_2_zpsb844d80b.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/PacmanMGL19_2_zpsb844d80b.png.html)

Nominated by AA legends: Dkong and nicko71

Current AA Champ of Pac-man: Dkong 173,360

ROM: puckman (Japan set 1)

Game Story:
A yellow, pie-shaped character named Pac-Man runs along inside a maze, eating dots as it avoids four ghosts. Each ghost has its own unique personality and gobbling one of the four super dots makes Pac-Man invincible to the ghosts for a given period of time. Each maze has its own unique bonus fruit or object with bonus points increasing as the game progresses.

Score Submissions:
Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.
Pac-man finishes Sunday 13 October 2013, 7pm AEST.

Please make sure your settings are as above. Thanks.

GAME 3 ON!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game3PacmanSBFinal_zps27f87517.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/MGL19_Game3PacmanSBFinal_zps27f87517.png.html)

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/nicko71congrats_zpsfc462690.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/nicko71congrats_zpsfc462690.png.html)

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/Pacman_MGL19_Winner_zps0469e9be.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/Pacman_MGL19_Winner_zps0469e9be.png.html)

:)

dylzy
27th September 2013, 12:12 AM
Exam tomorrow morning, might celebrate afterwards with a 2 hour PAC-binge

Barra
27th September 2013, 01:07 AM

Good luck!!!

Ugh..... Pacman? I thought we were suppose to nominate good games? ;)

Foot
27th September 2013, 01:57 AM
Woka woka woka. Yay I'll miss the first week while off on holidays

Have fun

John73
27th September 2013, 08:34 AM

I'm winning :jump:

Mameshane
27th September 2013, 02:06 PM
awesome I have always wanted to improve at this game :)

John73
27th September 2013, 03:35 PM

I submitted a score of nearly 46k :redface to TG last year, my goal is 50k for this MGL :) No patterns play (obviously), just trying to survive.

Mameshane
27th September 2013, 03:53 PM

I submitted a score of nearly 46k :redface to TG last year, my goal is 50k for this MGL :) No patterns play (obviously), just trying to survive.

have already beaten my best lol

John73
27th September 2013, 06:01 PM
have already beaten my best lol

Come on, what is it? Post a score :)

DKong is the one to watch out for here, previous MGL score of 173k

And I'd also keep an eye on OOO (Come on, you know you want to submit a score of Pac-Man) - he opened up a can of whoop arse on us during the Puck Off that we ran last Christmas break.

Brad
27th September 2013, 06:05 PM
I haven't played this game in years. I always play Ms Pacman and consider it a vastly superior game. But game on!

OOO
27th September 2013, 06:44 PM
Come on, what is it? Post a score :)

DKong is the one to watch out for here, previous MGL score of 173k

And I'd also keep an eye on OOO (Come on, you know you want to submit a score of Pac-Man) - he opened up a can of whoop arse on us during the Puck Off that we ran last Christmas break.

Yeah Dkong is the current champ, so it will be interesting where he can take the score this time around. :081:
I am Digging and Dugging at the moment ... damn pooka and fygar!

- - - Updated - - -

Woka woka woka. Yay I'll miss the first week while off on holidays

Have fun

Woka woka too :laugh:, but WHERE are you going on holidays?
The US to visit the arcades and play Pac-man there? :lol

- - - Updated - - -

How did your exam go and what was the subject?
And it's tomorrow afternoon, where's the celebration 2 hour PAC-binge score? :40s:

Mameshane
27th September 2013, 06:53 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/27/a6u4eduh.jpg

ignore the highscore.. was done another time.

John73
27th September 2013, 06:58 PM
My attract screen comes up like this - with the Japanese names but the ROM is definitely puckman

I assume there is no difference in playability between this an the English names on the attract screen (blinky, pinky, inky & clyde)

OOO
27th September 2013, 07:27 PM
My attract screen comes up like this - with the Japanese names but the ROM is definitely puckman

I assume there is no difference in playability between this an the English names on the attract screen (blinky, pinky, inky & clyde)

Good question ... yes this is all OK and you do have the correct rom set.
I always check the game on TG for the correct rom set and make sure the game plays OK with sound before I finalise the game to be published.

A bit of trivia here though ... normally when you play the default settings in MAME, these settings are easier than the TG track.
But ... the default settings in MAME for Pac-man are harder than the TG track. All is the same between the 2 except TG starts with 5 men and our MGL starts with 3 men.
Like we said, we play default settings, whatever they may be ... :)

OK John, max out Pac-man to 3 million and something on 3 men and one extra ... :035:

Fire_Power
27th September 2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks goodness for a decent MGL game - this is a classic.

Check your dips - there's one for names I think.

Binkles
27th September 2013, 09:31 PM
Hmmm I can't get puck man japan 1 to work, used bootleg 1 is that ok?

John73
27th September 2013, 09:55 PM

My ROM in WolfMame .106 comes up as PuckMan (Japan Set 1, Probably Bootleg) - so I think you probably have the right ROM. Is the ROM you're looking at called puckman?

Binkles
27th September 2013, 10:31 PM
Yup

Binkles
27th September 2013, 10:33 PM
To be honest, I'm not going to get a score that will challenge the top ranks anyway, especially with this. I'm terrible (note the consistent theme of my gaming skills) at this game, and never really got into the whole pacman game.

Barra
27th September 2013, 11:09 PM
So his alias is Dkong and he's good at pacman....

All evidence points to him being Billy Mitchell!

OOO
28th September 2013, 06:38 AM

That's OK. When I use the puckman (japan 1) rom, it appears as "probably bootleg" in my WolfMAME 0106 like John73's post. Strange why it says bootleg but it is what it is ... :023:

- - - Updated - - -

So his alias is Dkong and he's good at pacman....

All evidence points to him being Billy Mitchell!

That's Billy Dkong Mitchell. :keke:

PS: Dkong has not checked in on this thread yet. Maybe he's already playing for the world record on Pac-man, too busy to post ... :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't played this game in years. But game on!

And with this score after day one on Pac-man, Brad takes the lead with the 100 points not only in Pac-man, but the overall lead in the MGL tournament (the all games scoreboard to be published later this weekend) ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB1_zps8f0eea19.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB1_zps8f0eea19.png.html)

Fire_Power
28th September 2013, 06:51 AM

Somethings happened to my reply options and I can't see how to attach a thumb anymore? I'll get it up later and will beat this score!

OOO
28th September 2013, 06:56 AM

Somethings happened to my reply options and I can't see how to attach a thumb anymore? I'll get it up later and will beat this score!

Good stuff, maybe you can get a PB on this game?
What score would that be?

DKong
28th September 2013, 07:34 AM
That's OK. When I use the puckman (japan 1) rom, it appears as "probably bootleg" in my WolfMAME 0106 like John73's post. Strange why it says bootleg but it is what it is ... :023:

- - - Updated - - -

That's Billy Dkong Mitchell. :keke:

PS: Dkong has not checked in on this thread yet. Maybe he's already playing for the world record on Pac-man, too busy to post ... :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

And with this score after day one on Pac-man, Brad takes the lead with the 100 points not only in Pac-man, but the overall lead in the MGL tournament (the all games scoreboard to be published later this weekend) ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB1_zps8f0eea19.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB1_zps8f0eea19.png.html)

Actually I'm really sick atm and trying to shake this virus, it has been so looong playing pac man and yes I did learn the patterns at the time...we will see ;)

Mameshane
28th September 2013, 04:55 PM
small increase http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/7a7ary4u.jpg

John73
28th September 2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks goodness for a decent MGL game - this is a classic.

Check your dips - there's one for names I think.

Checked it out, I now have Macky, Micky, Mucky & Mocky :lol Hopefully they play a bit nicer with me :D

dylzy
28th September 2013, 07:17 PM

hate playing this on an 8-way

kane
28th September 2013, 08:26 PM
May as well take the lead while I still can...

I do like Pac-Man, not to recently I put a lot of time into it trying to figure out some of my own patterns, but now I've forgotten it all and I'm back to square one again :realmad:

RMacauley
29th September 2013, 12:00 AM
First game after fixing my joystick. No use of patterns from any source. I did once own 2 books of Pac patterns but I gave them to Funspot for display purposes. Never bothered to learn them even when I bought a Puckman board.

John73
29th September 2013, 05:06 PM
May as well take the lead while I still can...

I do like Pac-Man, not to recently I put a lot of time into it trying to figure out some of my own patterns, but now I've forgotten it all and I'm back to square one again :realmad:

I like the blur effect in your picture, I might have to set up the DSLR on a tripod and take a picture while playing with the shutter open for 10-15 secs :)

Fire_Power
29th September 2013, 06:16 PM

Good stuff, maybe you can get a PB on this game?
What score would that be?

BITD I used to get 80k playing with patterns. Now I play with cunning and guile and get much lower scores :lol

So many funny memories with this game - best mate and I were big on Spacies when Puckman came out and we didn't know how to play - took quite a few games to work out what to do. An early theory we had was if the puckmen were running away from you then i was ok to eat them. Looking back it's hard to think we were that stupid. When we got ok at it we then used to try stupid approaches for fun. we'd try and leave all the power pills to last, or to not eat two adjacent dots. These were quite fun ways to play but didn't lead to bug scores.

These days the same mate and I still play and still laugh like hyenas, just as it was 30 years ago.

OOO
29th September 2013, 06:33 PM
BITD I used to get 80k playing with patterns. Now I play with cunning and guile and get much lower scores :lol

That's funny, you try and think with guile and you score less, yet when you use a pattern you score more.
So I guess if you use patterns and guile, you can score over 100K? :unsure

An early theory we had was if the puckmen were running away from you then I was ok to eat them ... we'd try and leave all the power pills to last, or to not eat two adjacent dots.
These were quite fun ways to play but didn't lead to bug scores. These days the same mate and I still play and still laugh like hyenas, just as it was 30 years ago.

Great story! Maybe we should try these rules on AA, to see who can score the most playing this way ... :laugh:
I think you would have a head start on these techniques and get the highest score ... :043:

azathoth
29th September 2013, 08:30 PM

Mameshane
29th September 2013, 08:33 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/mahavugu.jpg

think I'm out on dig dug. I can't even get close to my highscore anymore. I think I'm going to focus more on pacman.

OOO
29th September 2013, 08:39 PM

You almost doubled your first score! :023:
Is that 47,050 your PB? If it is, you have to beat it! :045:

PS: No one ever quotes the Reason field, but I will ....
"azathoth Reason: Too many zeros (or not enough?)"
I had a shock when I first read your post, 359,000 on Pac-man.
Now that it's 35,900, how about you play for that 359,000 ... ;)

Lupin
29th September 2013, 10:27 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22557925/mgl/pacman/0001.png

OOO
30th September 2013, 12:12 AM
Well it's midnight on Day 3 of Pac-man after a busy weekend, the updated scoreboard is below ...

RMacauley has a slender lead on Pac-man, kane and Brad are evenly matched closely behind.
As are Fire_Power and John73 in the 40K zone and 3 others in the 30K zone.
Early scores in only yet.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB2_zpsf65f8c52.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB2_zpsf65f8c52.png.html)

14 days to go to set some bigger scores and improve your game ... woka woka woka ...

Nicko71
30th September 2013, 08:04 AM

Open the account.
I dropped the keyboard when I was checking the dip settings and managed to wipe my previous high score.:realmad:

RMacauley
2nd October 2013, 06:56 PM
Reached the first Key. I've figured out a pattern that at least gets me the first fruit from the third screen onwards (so far at least). Just need to figure out how to finish it off. Then remember what I did which is the hard part. :lol

Mameshane
2nd October 2013, 07:21 PM
Reached the first Key. I've figured out a pattern that at least gets me the first fruit from the third screen onwards (so far at least). Just need to figure out how to finish it off. Then remember what I did which is the hard part. :lol

how many screens is that to the first key?

John73
2nd October 2013, 07:24 PM

First key is pattern 13 (not that I've seen it myself :cry)

Mameshane
2nd October 2013, 07:25 PM
First key is pattern 13 (not that I've seen it myself :cry)

yeah best I ever can do is 5.

RMacauley
2nd October 2013, 07:29 PM

The first key is screen 13.

I don't even get close to getting all the blue ghosts. I'm just trying to clear the board without dying after my "part pattern" finishes. If I get much further I'll need to figure out a whole new pattern or 2 which won't be fun.

Try something. Die. Start again from stage 1. Gotta love it. :realmad:

John73
2nd October 2013, 07:32 PM
While I was looking up that info for MameShane, I came across an interesting statement on the website (won't list the address as it gives playing hints - which I didn't read btw) stating that you can not achieve a perfect score unless the game is on 5 men. I understand why you can't do it on "Hard" setting, but why 5 men? Might have to post this question on CAGDC where there are several people who perfect scored Pac-Man :unsure

- - - Updated - - -

The first key is screen 13

Beat you :p

RMacauley
2nd October 2013, 07:48 PM
While I was looking up that info for MameShane, I came across an interesting statement on the website (won't list the address as it gives playing hints - which I didn't read btw) stating that you can not achieve a perfect score unless the game is on 5 men. I understand why you can't do it on "Hard" setting, but why 5 men? Might have to post this question on CAGDC where there are several people who perfect scored Pac-Man :unsure

- - - Updated - - -

Beat you :p

I'm getting slow in my old age. :lol

The 5 life thing is due to the killscreen. If you get there there's a garbled mess on the right half of the board. In that mess are 9 dots that can be eaten once per life. For a perfect score you need to get to the killscreen on your first life, get the 9 hidden dots and preferably all the normal dots and the 1 key that appears then die and get the 9 hidden dots again on each life. Lose 1 life along the way and perfect is impossible. I think TG set the game to 5 lives to start so nobody could claim a higher score than Billy.

A perfect on default settings is 3,333,180. 180 points lower than the TG score.

Adam_Wilmot
2nd October 2013, 07:51 PM
You can only get a pefect score on 5 men because of the kill screen, there are 9 dots (90 points) to get on this screen and these dots regenerate after each death. So if you are perfect all the way up to the kill screen and only start with 3 men (+ 1 at 10k) you will miss out on an extra 180 points and therefore can't "perfect"

edit: Lol looks like rob beat me to it

OOO
2nd October 2013, 08:50 PM
Well John73 asked a few days ago if the puckman rom was OK ... so I thought I would show you what the original japanese machine looked like, known as Puckman, with the nose!
I think it looks just as good as the Pac-man machine we all know ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/PuckmanJapan_zps4cd095c9.jpg (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/PuckmanJapan_zps4cd095c9.jpg.html)

Adam_Wilmot
2nd October 2013, 09:28 PM
I think the puck-man marquee looks better than the Pac-man version, assuming that is the original.

John73
3rd October 2013, 08:22 AM
I think the puck-man marquee looks better than the Pac-man version, assuming that is the original.

Did I imagine that I read somewhere that they didn't want to ship a game called "Puck" to America because of the possibility of people graffiti-ing the machine and changing one of the letters to spell something else?

Wish we were playing this version of Pac-Man, I'd kill you all on this one :) Used to play this with my eyes closed because it was too easy on single player and also play two handed - it had a 2 player co-op mode on it.

Adam_Wilmot
3rd October 2013, 04:38 PM
Did I imagine that I read somewhere that they didn't want to ship a game called "Puck" to America because of the possibility of people graffiti-ing the machine and changing one of the letters to spell something else?

Correct. They were worries that kids would graffiti on it or scratch part of the P off to make and F. I think there was also concern over it just being called F***-Man as a slang term as well, which in the executives opinion would hurt the sale figures of the machine.

OOO
3rd October 2013, 06:51 PM

Wish we were playing this version of Pac-Man, I'd kill you all on this one :) Used to play this with my eyes closed because it was too easy on single player and also play two handed - it had a 2 player co-op mode on it. Sorry, there is no MAME emulator for this version of Pac-man for tiny tots. :lol

DKong
3rd October 2013, 07:55 PM
In the spirit of the MGL I have decided to not use the patterns that helped me achieve my 170,000 (I must say it was not easy to learn the patterns and took a lot of time to master at the time) score.

Here is my score so far and yes because I am playing on the ArcadeSD it exits the game as soon as you finish hence the Highscore screenshot grab and current score is not shown.

John73
3rd October 2013, 08:09 PM
I should say I have nothing against others using pattern play, it's just not my cup of tea. I have no doubt that learning the patterns is extremely hard, especially if you have the memory of a gold fish (which I thought was 3 seconds, but a Google search tell me that myth is now debunked - but I digress) like I do. I always loved Pac-Man, but when I found out a few years ago that the game could be beat by pattern play (hard as it may be), I sort of lost a bit of interest in it as a game. Just my 2 cents, don't let my views stop anyone from pattern play.

OOO
3rd October 2013, 08:13 PM
In the spirit of the MGL I have decided to not use the patterns that helped me achieve my 170,000 (I must say it was not easy to learn the patterns and took a lot of time to master at the time) score. The spirit of the MGL IMO is to do your best! Others are using patterns, the champs are using patterns, and if you have them, go for it. This isn't the MGL where you play the game with your nose on the joystick - :laugh:
C'mon, do your best! Geez Macauley uses patterns on Burgertime and Pac-man, so did the MGL Champ on Bubble Bobble, Section Z on Rygar, chrisbo on Ladybug etc. etc. Shoot for a new PB over 170K if you can ... :)

John73
3rd October 2013, 08:27 PM
The spirit of the MGL IMO is to do your best! Others are using patterns, the champs are using patterns, and if you have them, go for it. This isn't the MGL where you play the game with your nose on the joystick - :laugh:
C'mon, do your best! Geez Macauley uses patterns on Burgertime and Pac-man, so did the MGL Champ on Bubble Bobble, Section Z on Rygar, chrisbo on Ladybug etc. etc. Shoot for a new PB over 170K if you can ... :)

Just my 2 cents again, and I really don't want to start a debate - but Ladybug (AFAIK) and probably some of the other games are not purely pattern games, yes you can do things to "group" enemies and score higher. I'm not familiar enough with Burgertime - I know there is a hell of a lot of grouping that goes on, and it does take time and practice. My earlier comments in this thread were more to do with the fact that Pac-Man could be programmed by a computer to play - left, then right... then 2 left, then through tunnel... that is to say, and again it's AFAIK, if you follow a particular pattern there is absolutely zero randomness about the game.

Anyway, this is probably a debate for another thread

</end derail>

Game On!

DKong
3rd October 2013, 08:30 PM
The spirit of the MGL IMO is to do your best! Others are using patterns, the champs are using patterns, and if you have them, go for it. This isn't the MGL where you play the game with your nose on the joystick - :laugh:

That MGL I had a lot of time on my hands and spent a lot of time on PacMan was quite chuffed with myself when I cracked the 100,000 and onwards, have a relatively free weekend so will see if I can kick the brain into gear and do it again.
Really gives you appreciation to the guys back in the day like Billy Mitchell who figured these games out without help. :D

John73
3rd October 2013, 08:40 PM
Really gives you appreciation to the guys back in the day like Billy Mitchell who figured these games out without help. :D

Debate rages over who figured out the pattern first - I know I'd be pretty PO'ed if Mitchell took all the accolades and I was the one that figured it out :lol

This really is impressive though: http://www.twingalaxies.com/scoreboard/pac-man/arcade/5273/

Mitchell was officially the first to reach the perfect game according to TG, achieved his score in 5h30m, the current speed run perfect game is just under 3h:30m by David Race, which is an absolute arse kicking in terms of time to complete the game.

RMacauley
3rd October 2013, 08:46 PM

For Pacman what I'm doing is purely based on trial and error since this MGL started. Spirit of MGL or not 2 weeks isn't enough time for me to learn and memorize multiple patterns, score a huge score and deal with any potential fallout. I'm getting slow in my old age. :D

For Burgertime I used what I already knew and submitted. Not an easy decision because I'd always said I'd never submit anywhere on that game due to not learning the patterns myself. That was due to a major blowup about copying from INPs on the old TG forums. The guy whose patterns I use told me face to face to submit something to TG but it never happened.

OOO
3rd October 2013, 09:11 PM
... was quite chuffed with myself when I cracked the 100,000 and onwards ... :D

And so you should be quite chuffed.
That was a great effort and you deserved the reward for all of your hard work. :045:
Use all of your skills and knowledge including patterns.

... have a relatively free weekend so will see if I can kick the brain into gear and do it again.
I hope you can score a new PB and maybe even win game 3!

Nicko71
3rd October 2013, 09:48 PM

I wasn't aware there are 'patterns' for Bubble Bobble....

OOO
3rd October 2013, 10:12 PM

That's a great opening score, only 1,850 off the leader's score!

I wasn't aware there are 'patterns' for Bubble Bobble....

Maybe my definition of pattern is different to others. And the pattern I talk of is not the perfect pattern that you can just move and shoot and everything is dead and the level over.
In Bubble Bobble, every level has a strategic point to be in or get to, how many bad guys to bubble, positions to move into and how to end the level etc.
Perhaps I am thinking of a pattern with strategy, as opposed to the pattern that John speaks of that you just move precisely into and most of the level is over.
Pattern of strategy or perfect pattern, still patterns, but to a different level of completion.

Nicko71
4th October 2013, 06:47 PM

OOO
4th October 2013, 07:25 PM

Impressive!

A new game leader ... and up to the 6th key :038:

OOO
4th October 2013, 11:33 PM
It's 11.30pm on Friday night, the calm before the storm ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB3_zps5feb8c18.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB3_zps5feb8c18.png.html)

9 days to go ...

kane
5th October 2013, 08:22 PM
I've got my pac mojo back now, I pretty much do the same as Rob, have one of my own starting patterns and then freeball it to the end.

Lost my first 2 lives at 64k and 77k so I thought it'd be a new PB but not to be...

Rat
6th October 2013, 04:47 PM
About to go away on holidays, so no more play for a week or so from me, just squeezed in time for a quick game on each new game.

1st game 23,500 a fairly crap score for me, although I was never good at this, I have my own patterns and they don't work well, my PB would be around 60k from memory.

camaro
7th October 2013, 11:31 AM

Yet another game I wasn't a fan of back in the day, but as some said earlier have my own starting pattern and the free pac-munch til the end

OOO
9th October 2013, 05:43 PM
Updated scoreboard as at 6.30pm on Day 13 ...
Looks like Pac-man is a hard game to play ... while kane powers into 3rd.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/PM_Inky_zps09b38e9d.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/PM_Inky_zps09b38e9d.png.html)

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB4_zpsa26b66e1.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB4_zpsa26b66e1.png.html)

Only 4 days to go ...

Nicko71
9th October 2013, 07:52 PM

OOO
9th October 2013, 08:14 PM

"Giddy-up horsey".... the 6th key again, but taking the score higher!
And only a few dots left in the screenshot for an even higher score.
Is the AA record within reach? :unsure

:jump:

Foot
10th October 2013, 07:01 PM
Hit it hard last night and got a new PB for me, I finally found a groove that tracks pretty good for most patterns.

OOO
10th October 2013, 08:35 PM
Hit it hard last night and got a new PB for me, I finally found a groove that tracks pretty good for most patterns.

Outright 2nd in one hit, the 4th key, a new PB ---> Yi-haaa! :neo:

Foot
10th October 2013, 09:47 PM
Just missed the second key on this screen and I need more points in the first few patterns

OOO
10th October 2013, 09:55 PM
Just missed the second key on this screen and I need more points in the first few patterns

Another great score!

It's ON, a three way fight for the top spot ... nicko71 vs Foot vs who else ?

3 days to go ...

outrun86
11th October 2013, 10:28 PM
22650 it's a shocker,
But that's my best on Pacman. I'm sure I was better 25 years agohttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/11/a5e4yba4.jpg

OOO
11th October 2013, 10:37 PM
22650 it's a shocker,
But that's my best on Pacman. I'm sure I was better 25 years agohttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/11/a5e4yba4.jpg

It's at least a start and can only get better ... :)

outrun86
11th October 2013, 11:52 PM
It's at least a start and can only get better ... :)

Let's hope so 😃

OOO
12th October 2013, 07:54 AM
OK it's 9am with 2 days to go ...

Let's see who can take this one out, and who can improve on their game big time.
Or has this game beaten everyone ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/PM_Blinky_zpsafe3f1ba.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/PM_Blinky_zpsafe3f1ba.png.html) http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/PM_Pacman_zps82236ee9.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/PM_Pacman_zps82236ee9.png.html) http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/PM_Pinky_zps1e5eaa7e.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/PM_Pinky_zps1e5eaa7e.png.html)

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB5_zps937728b5.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB5_zps937728b5.png.html)

Brad
12th October 2013, 09:41 AM
I've have almost zero free time at the moment but I don't think more time would help on this one ;)

wolfman24
12th October 2013, 12:54 PM

Mameshane
12th October 2013, 01:23 PM

i think this is the best im going to beable to produce.

sairuk
12th October 2013, 09:52 PM
I was never any good at this game, some points on the board tho... great game

OOO
12th October 2013, 10:08 PM
11pm Saturday night ... 16 days of competiton over ... and only 1 day to go ... actually 20 hours of game play to go ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game3PacmanSB6_zps4da54a8e.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/MGL19_Game3PacmanSB6_zps4da54a8e.png.html)

Will anyone break the AA record?
Who's good enough to take out this game?
Let's see ... :)

Barra
12th October 2013, 10:50 PM
Ugh. Gonna have to force myself to play this tomorrow!

OOO
13th October 2013, 07:06 AM
Ugh. Gonna have to force myself to play this tomorrow!
It's a true classic.
Biggest money earning arcade machine BITD with Ms Pacman.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/PM_new_artwork2_zps6207de6c.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/PM_new_artwork2_zps6207de6c.png.html)

Plus check out the expected fireworks today on this thread ...

11 hours to go ...

Nicko71
13th October 2013, 07:48 AM
I reckon I'm done with this one.
The hardest part for me is getting through the first 4 screens, trying to get the power pills then as many blue ghosts as possible.
From 5 onwards a use a (dare I say it) pattern that will get me the two bonus thingos, but towards the end of each screen I'm kinda winging it.
Once I get going with the 'pattern', the other hardest thing for me is to maintain the concentration..
And just like it said on every school report I ever got- 'Nick is easily distracted in class'

camaro
13th October 2013, 09:29 AM
Slight improvement

Fire_Power
13th October 2013, 09:53 AM
Don't think I'll get any more games on this one.

sairuk
13th October 2013, 02:01 PM
It should be illegal to run a comp on the same day as the Bathurst 1000 and Suzuka GP .... ;)

Actually I shouldn't leave it until the last minute to play the thing!

camaro
13th October 2013, 02:26 PM
It should be illegal to run a comp on the same day as the Bathurst 1000 and Suzuka GP .... ;)

Actually I shouldn't leave it until the last minute to play the thing!

Yep hard choice to make!!

Barra
13th October 2013, 03:11 PM
3 hours to go. Here we go!

- - - Updated - - -

First go
Lost all 3 lives without collecting a dot LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Man 3 or 4 games and Im sick of it already :/

Foot
13th October 2013, 05:17 PM
Small increase, Still time for another go! So close to the next screen

OOO
13th October 2013, 07:25 PM
It's 7pm on Sunday 13-October-2013.
Score submissions for Game 3 Pac-man is now closed.

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game3PacmanSBFinal_zps27f87517.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/MGL19_Game3PacmanSBFinal_zps27f87517.png.html)

nicko71 and Foot take Game 3 right down to the wire ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/nicko71congrats_zpsfc462690.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/nicko71congrats_zpsfc462690.png.html)

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/Pacman_MGL19_Winner_zps0469e9be.png (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/sno-bee/media/Arcade/Pacman_MGL19_Winner_zps0469e9be.png.html)

Pooyan and Mario Bros are still in play ... :024:

Lupin
13th October 2013, 08:15 PM
I really do need to find some time to play these games.

OOO
13th October 2013, 08:27 PM
I really do need to find some time to play these games.

:045:

John73
14th October 2013, 07:46 PM
Congrats Nicko. Haven't been in here much the last couple of days to check out the action.