PDA

View Full Version : SuperNova Final last sunday??

luke
24th June 2013, 04:13 PM
How did this final end up. i was there for the start but havent heard any news on who won....anyone know???

slevbro
24th June 2013, 04:44 PM
Edy.
It was all in the shirt.:)

Mar
24th June 2013, 04:55 PM
Edy 1st, Richard 2nd, Scott 3rd: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=573112902740907&set=a.408384579213741.110193.408342209217978&type=1&theater

Full results will be here when updated: http://www.ifpapinball.com/view_tournament.php?t=882#results

Looked like a great comp and a great turn out too.

Wotto
24th June 2013, 05:57 PM
Congrats to the big 3
What were the scores on Avengers?

Also - can anyone that was there say how the general 'crowd reaction/ reception' was to ......

a) pinball machines being there
b) public interest in the comp/finals

From the FB pics it looked like the crowd loved it - yes?

sleazius
24th June 2013, 06:36 PM
Nice work Edy & Richard - can't hurt your ranking ;)

furballx
24th June 2013, 07:03 PM
I went along for a look on Sunday. I have known the fella who does Super Nova for years, and the crowds are bugger and bigger every year. By the time I got there on Sunday (around 11.30am) the place was packed. Each time I looked in on the AMD stand there were people of all ages lined up waiting to play. A number of exhibitors that I know were saying that the Saturday was even worse (more packed). I am not sure what benchmarks AMD put on the show response to determine if it was a success of a failure (not my business), but the sheer number of people looking at and playing those machines must have been astounding. A great pat on the back for AMD having to guts to give something different a go to expand the hobby. With any luck it will attract more and more players to the hobby.
Dave

Dedrok
24th June 2013, 11:42 PM
How did this final end up. i was there for the start but havent heard any news on who won....anyone know???

After the debacle on Avengers Luke, I pulled out to a nice lead with the xman game. After round 1, I think I still would have ended up 2nd if I went home.

Scores on Avengers weren't much ..... especially with stuck balls and not finishing that game.

RGR
25th June 2013, 12:15 AM
I suck and Edy deserved this one. Edy had balls stuck and had to end the game. Would not have been fair if I won by a mill say... Think I was like 11th or 9th after round 3 and thought well I just need to finish in the top 5 to have a chance of getting in the grand in Nov. Ended up having quite a good game on Xmen with 3 mutiballs and almost completing all the modes. BS game on Avengers tho, 75 mill in practice and less than a mill in the comp game.

As for the venue there was none better. It was well run and the public loved the games. Surely this will have to be an annual event. Great exposure.

Dedrok
25th June 2013, 08:43 AM
I suck and Edy deserved this one. Edy had balls stuck and had to end the game. Would not have been fair if I won by a mill say... Think I was like 11th or 9th after round 3 and thought well I just need to finish in the top 5 to have a chance of getting in the grand in Nov. Ended up having quite a good game on Xmen with 3 mutiballs and almost completing all the modes. BS game on Avengers tho, 75 mill in practice and less than a mill in the comp game.

As for the venue there was none better. It was well run and the public loved the games. Surely this will have to be an annual event. Great exposure.

Yeah it was harsh, but I gave you a sniff of victory with low scoring 2nd round games.

Thought you had it with the last game on xmen.

RGR
25th June 2013, 09:49 AM
Ah well just need another good game to get in the finals