PDA

View Full Version : Who Knows how good this restore will be??

pureguava
1st April 2013, 10:03 PM
The Shadow Knows.....

Just about finished my Shadow restore:

Before:

Complete disassembly and clear coat on - thanks to DARKSOULs method

All metal polished by hand or tumbler, new plastics etc...

- - - Updated - - -

I love GOLD!

More to follow....am waiting on new CPR battlefield to arrive but this one is OK...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

back box.....

Cursed
2nd April 2013, 10:19 AM
Looks nice, want to do mine one day. Love this game.

By the looks of it you put new decals on your back box, did you do anything to the body of the machine? I only ask as i am pretty sure you cannot get new decals for the body but you can for the back box.

Also how did you go about fixing the 'sanctum' damage.

Thanks

pureguava
2nd April 2013, 01:08 PM
Gidday, it is an amazing game! So deep so much going on! I changed the back box decals. I did some very minor work to cabinet which was easy enough with most of it being black. With sanctum used JB weld and then matched the playfield carefully with acrylics.

I can mix up some more if you need it and send it up if you like. I also have heaps of spares if you need any.

Al

Cursed
2nd April 2013, 02:10 PM
I can mix up some more if you need it and send it up if you like. I also have heaps of spares if you need any.

Al

Hi Al,

Very generous mate, i will have a good look at mine and see what i need. I know of at least one plastic if you still have it, its the one that is on the right side of the playfield where the upper flipper is. It is a long one that has building's on it.

Anyway ill look at my machine and shoot you a PM. Looking forward to the updates.