Maximum number of Players: 2
Gameplay: Alternating
Control Panel Layout: Single Player Ambidextrous

Controls:

Joystick: 8-way
Buttons: 2 [Forward Pass, Side Pass]
Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Game Introduction

The player must score a touchdown in the time allotted to go from high school and college ball all the way to the Pros and the Super Bowl.

Each level starts on the kick-off with the player carrying the ball as far up the field as possible before being tackled. Then, as the quarterback, you can either run or pass the ball to a receiver. An intercepted pass earns a penalty of 20 yards. Running out of bounds stops the clock. Extra points after touchdowns can either be kicked or run into the end zone.

More detailed information on 10-Yard Fight and game play can be found here: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=6761

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score. 10-Yard Fight comp closes Sunday 7PM November 4th.

Check back here for progress scores..... Good Luck :cool:

Final Standings

Rank

Name
Score

MGL Points

Jammasized
25 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/goldmedal_t.png

Brad
20 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/silvermedal_t.png

casperthefriendly
16 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/bronzemedal_t.png

Spartan

Wizo

John73

Taverner

RMacauley

Mikie

mamejay

MonoJoker

Blktgr74

Pelly

Nicko71

ED_209

kane
-

[TR]

RMacauley
21st October 2012, 07:09 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:Crying_big_time.thu:Crying_big_time.thu:Crying_bi g_time.thu

This is where Rob gets brought back to earth with an almighty thud

Brad
21st October 2012, 07:12 PM
I ****ing love this game. I'm not great at it but loved it since I was a kid

Brad

Jed
21st October 2012, 08:17 PM
I ****ing love this game. I'm not great at it but loved it since I was a kid

Brad

Awwwww yeaaaaaaa :D

I better actually play this one and submit a score seeing as it's my nomination.

Certain it wont be to everyone's tastes as it's very different from your average shooter,platformer, maze.

youtube videos and inp files wont help you either, another reason I like this for MGL. Nominated it almost every MGL since I started playing, so I'm pretty chuffed to see it finally come up.

RMacauley
21st October 2012, 08:25 PM
Once again I've seen a game selection, reacted due to struggling at it in the past and after a few games realized what I was doing wrong.

Until 15 minutes ago my best score was around 3,000. Never scored a touchdown before. Just one tiny little thing I hadn't picked up on before made all the difference. And no I can't say what it was as that would be giving out tips which upsets people in the first week.

Not as bad as I first thought.

John73
21st October 2012, 08:28 PM
Gave this a very quick bash on the keyboard and it's not good, really think you need a joystick to play this one.

Anyone know of a cheap ready built arcade joystick I can use on my laptop? Need to fix up my Mame cab, but can't see that happening in the next 2 weeks :(

Edit: Actually, I should dig out my Logitech Gamepad and see if that's any better :) Maybe tomorrow

Brad
21st October 2012, 08:29 PM
You don't need a joystick at all. It's no different in controls to any other older game. 8 way joystick and 2 buttons

Brad

John73
21st October 2012, 08:36 PM
You don't need a joystick at all. It's no different in controls to any other older game. 8 way joystick and 2 buttons

Brad

I have played this game quite a bit - I'm okay at it, not great - there is one aspect of this game where I think a joystick will be easier.

Only had one quick game like I said, so I'll give it another go on the keyboard but until I try with a joystick I guess I can't say 100% if a joystick is easier on this one.

Jed
21st October 2012, 11:44 PM
Until 15 minutes ago my best score was around 3,000. Never scored a touchdown before. Just one tiny little thing I hadn't picked up on before made all the difference. And no I can't say what it was as that would be giving out tips which upsets people in the first week.

Not as bad as I first thought.

Good stuff. I hope you enjoy getting into it over two weeks, learning it's secrets, as there are quite a number of little things about this game. It seems all chaos at first and pretty random.

had a quick bash just to get a score up I am rusty, didn't get past college team. I'm not great at this game either but enjoy the challenge and getting further past the teams.

I have one pretty cool secret I know of for this game, which I'll hold until the 2nd week unless someone finds it out first :) just something I found out while playing and trying some things over the years. I can't find it talked about on the interwebs either which is strange :)

John73
22nd October 2012, 06:57 AM

Bloody ref was too slow blowing his whistle - I still had about .5 secs left :lol

Mikie
22nd October 2012, 10:42 AM
[post edited]

Sorry Mikie, just editing your post. It's better not to drop hints and secrets until the 2nd week of the comp...

1st day is a little too early :)

MonoJoker
22nd October 2012, 11:06 AM
I hope this is as enjoyable as Super Basketball which we got back in MGL.. 12? I never played many of the sports titles back in the day, my local arcades and shops didn't have any. I remember Punch Out at Grundys back in the 80s but other than that no sports title ever took much of my money until SuperStars Baseball showed up mid-90s. Will be loading up the ROM tonight and having a bash :)

Nicko71
22nd October 2012, 11:24 AM
I don't seem to have this rom (i have 'yard.zip')
Maybe someone could 'help' me out here..
cheers

ED_209
22nd October 2012, 02:21 PM
I'd be happy for anybody to put forward their 'little secrets' immediately. Worst nom in MGL history? I feel like somebody's just asked me to watch Any Given Sunday on a loop for two weeks. I can't stand American football.

Brad
22nd October 2012, 02:27 PM
I can't stand American football.

Either can I but I've loved this game for years.

Brad

Jed
22nd October 2012, 02:40 PM
I'd be happy for anybody to put forward their 'little secrets' immediately. Worst nom in MGL history? I feel like somebody's just asked me to watch Any Given Sunday on a loop for two weeks. I can't stand American football.

LOL don't be a baby. No one is forcing you to play it.

ED_209
22nd October 2012, 02:51 PM
LOL don't be a baby. No one is forcing you to play it.

Screw that. If I think the game's a piece of crap I'm gonna say so.

I'll still give it a bash - I've been surprised by a couple of others in the past that I initially despised.

mamejay
22nd October 2012, 03:05 PM
I have never played in the league so please correct me if I had to join or something.

John73
22nd October 2012, 03:24 PM

Made it to the Pro's - College is hard enough, the Pro's suck - god knows what the Superbowl level is like :lol I'm positive I've made it to the last level but it was years ago and I possibly put the DIP's on cheat mode to do it :unsure

- - - Updated - - -

I have never played in the league so please correct me if I had to join or something.

All good with how you've posted - welcome to the MGL - Guessing you've played this game before if that's your opening score :D

Jed
22nd October 2012, 03:41 PM
Screw that. If I think the game's a piece of crap I'm gonna say so.

I'll still give it a bash - I've been surprised by a couple of others in the past that I initially despised.

I'm loving the hate, keep it coming... it's soooo gen y :lol

Nice score John, made the Pros already...

If anyone has seen or heard from Spartan let him know this is being played, he will probably kick everyone at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome Mamejay !

PS the gamecube is still going strong, loving my Starfox :D

mamejay
22nd October 2012, 03:54 PM

Nice score John, made the Pros already...

If anyone has seen or heard from Spartan let him know this is being played, he will probably kick everyone at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome Mamejay !

PS the gamecube is still going strong, loving my Starfox :D

Good stuff. They are getting harder to get my hands on recently. Looks like the youngens are buying up all consoles and looks like GC is the next in line.

And yes John I have played this a few times :) I don't normally play the league but when I saw 10 Yard i had to jump in. I am hoping to beat my hi score which is a lot higher than that. Once thing about 10 Yard it can throw you some really crap games. Similar to DK.

Jed
22nd October 2012, 04:07 PM
Once thing about 10 Yard it can throw you some really crap games. Similar to DK.

totally - sometimes you can get real easy setups where making 10 yards is a breeze, then you can get 4 setups in a row where even making a few yards is bloody hard... the unpredictability is part of the charm.

ED_209
22nd October 2012, 04:53 PM

:lol Yeah whatever. I've been feeling kinda bitter since about 6:30 yesterday for some reason so to hell with all of you!

RMacauley
22nd October 2012, 07:24 PM
Pure unadulterated fluke. Nothing more. Not getting half of that score now

Blktgr74
22nd October 2012, 07:33 PM
Have never played this till today. Will thrash it over the next week and see how I go. 44529

Foot
22nd October 2012, 08:03 PM
Intercept! Go back 20 yards, do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars Arrrrrggghhhhhh!

3770 Aaarrrghhhhhhhhhhhh

Blktgr74
22nd October 2012, 09:14 PM
No more playing for me tonight just slammed my fist on the buttons and busted one of them. Just what I tell the kids off for. Frustrating game.

Jed
22nd October 2012, 09:46 PM
Getting me Mojo back. Made super Pros.

There is one team after the super pros I think - but I have never got that far.

John73
23rd October 2012, 07:38 AM

That is a massive score, I'm going to need some practice (and some hints) to get anywhere near that score :D

Blktgr74
23rd October 2012, 10:27 AM
Lol the score was 46850 not 6600 thanks

Mikie
23rd October 2012, 11:24 AM

Lol wow great score! Gameplay is really unique in this one

John73
23rd October 2012, 02:01 PM
Lol the score was 46850 not 6600 thanks

Fixed. Sorry, I only looked at the score, not the high score. When you post a screen shot, put your score that you are submitting in the first line or title of your message and hopefully I won't make a mistake again :)

Blktgr74
23rd October 2012, 02:19 PM
Ok no worriers will do. Don't know how many more games of this I have in me it's driving me mental!

MonoJoker
23rd October 2012, 02:32 PM
Ok no worriers will do. Don't know how many more games of this I have in me it's driving me mental!

LOL the wife came and closed the door to the games room last night - after 3 interceptions in a row my language got VERY colourful :lol:

Brad
23rd October 2012, 06:17 PM

Fell short by half a yard and no time as the stupid ref crawls out =/

MonoJoker
23rd October 2012, 08:15 PM

Seriously loving this. Played one game of Bosconian tonight but it's gonna get no love while 10 Yard Fight is active :)

Taverner
23rd October 2012, 10:51 PM
Ok now I'm confused. I finally scored a touch down and I still lost and game over! I'm pretty sure no blue pixels crossed my try line so how do you know what you need to get to advance to the next stage?

Jed
23rd October 2012, 11:10 PM
Ok now I'm confused. I finally scored a touch down and I still lost and game over! I'm pretty sure now blue pixels crossed my try line so how do you know what you need to get to advance to the next stage?

Thats odd ? You cant have got over the line as your dude will celebrate, you will get awarded points (5000, 6000, 7000 and so on) and you will then go to the bonus stage (the kick at goal.)

After that the 2nd half starts, then score another touchdown and you will get to see the cheerleaders panties, which is always good :D

Taverner
23rd October 2012, 11:36 PM
Scored the touchdown, did the dance, no idea how to kick (there was a moving pink arrow) so got stuck at the bottom of a pile on and then did a few more runs till time ran out...
game over :confused:

John73
24th October 2012, 06:43 AM
Scored the touchdown, did the dance, no idea how to kick (there was a moving pink arrow) so got stuck at the bottom of a pile on and then did a few more runs till time ran out...

Kicking goals is easy when you know how - I'll post some tips on Sunday if you haven't worked out how to kick a goal at every attempt. To kick the ball you just use the pass forward button which is Button 2 in the Mame setup.

You'll now be in the 2nd Half of High School league, so that game is pretty much just repeating from now on - the opposition is just harder, you get less time per half and you gradually receive the ball further & further back from their kick off.

Sometimes on the radar shot on the right side it shows that you have broken the 10yard line however you are still just short of making the 10yard down which is why it would possibly same game over when you think you've made the required yards.

Brad
24th October 2012, 06:44 AM

That the issue. Your time ran out. Top Right corner is the timer. When it hits zero game over. You get more time by making 10 yards. Don't make 10 yards in a play the time you used up you don't get back.

Brad

Taverner
24th October 2012, 12:22 PM
I must have gone on to the second half and not scored again, though it didnt seem that long.

So everytime you score you go on to the next half/team right?

Either way I finally got past the hischool kids, I can see the attraction now that I'm getting half a clue but I'm still heading back to bosconian for a bit :)

Jed
24th October 2012, 01:15 PM
So everytime you score you go on to the next half/team right?

Yup. Score a touchdown and that's the end of the half.

I'd like to know people's best yardage in a single run. I've never scored from a kickoff reception, but got close to the line.

You really need to steer your blockers to take out the defense for maximum yardage. This applies always. Don't be afraid to change direction quickly too, as it sometimes confuses the defense AI, and you can squeeze out a few more yards.

Now that's not much tipping, so no biggie, but just to help out peeps a bit that may have never played this ;)

Brad
24th October 2012, 01:18 PM
I have scored a touchdown from the kick off and the first play. I don't like to though as you don't get all the 1000 points from each successful 10 yard play

Brad

John73
24th October 2012, 01:46 PM
I got down to about the 12 yard line playing the high school kiddies :D Brad is right, you miss out on so many points like this. If I've got a chance to get to the 12 yard line V the Pro team I'll take it though :lol

Haven't beaten my score from day 2 yet :realmad: Getting stuck on the College team way too often so getting no practice taking on the pros.

MonoJoker
24th October 2012, 02:09 PM
Leeching is actually quite possible in this game - unfortunately - because once you get the hang of making first downs you can make a few, then throw an intercept and you get that chance to keep going making 1st downs (in theory) forever. I can't help myself though I'm so keen to score from the kick return LOL. And now that I've made College I just have to see how fast they are on Super or whatever is next...

Foot
24th October 2012, 02:39 PM
I have no problems throwing an intercept.....almost every throw

Havent scored a touchdown yet, always back on the 10 yard line.

Maybe I can Mark Holden to come help me?

Jed
24th October 2012, 02:43 PM
I have scored a touchdown from the kick off and the first play. I don't like to though as you don't get all the 1000 points from each successful 10 yard play

Brad

Yeah agree, on the easier levels when you have more time on the clock, it's better to start from further back and just make 10 yards a time, and get as many 1000 points as you can.

I wouldn't call that leeching though. It's not a continual/endless exploit for points

There is a definite leech for points though in this game ;) it doesn't always work though, and you don't get much opportunity to try and pull it off. It's not worth a lot extra either, probably only 2-3k per team, depending on how good you are :D

- - - Updated - - -

Leeching is actually quite possible in this game - unfortunately - because once you get the hang of making first downs you can make a few, then throw an intercept and you get that chance to keep going making 1st downs (in theory) forever. I can't help myself though I'm so keen to score from the kick return LOL. And now that I've made College I just have to see how fast they are on Super or whatever is next...

After College are the Pros. Next is Super Pro, and they are fast but it's not their speed, it's the fact your clock starts at 15 seconds that is the killer.

Nicko71
24th October 2012, 07:12 PM
Crap game.. life's too short

John73
24th October 2012, 07:43 PM
Crap game.. life's too short

It's not really a crap game, you do need some hints to get a half decent score in it though - There is some stuff that helps you get a better score that isn't apparent from the attract screens so I'll post some of my tips this weekend if Jammasized doesn't do it first and hopefully you'll enjoy this game a bit more.

The game does get bloody hard, but it's always been a game where I felt I got my fair share of entertainment for my 20 cents BITD.

Wizo
24th October 2012, 10:26 PM
Hey Guys

81700 i reckon i can improve on that. I used to love playing 10yard fight back in the day. Id love to remember what my best score back then was ;)

playing it on my xxxx in 1 jamma that I bought to site at my wifes shop but it hasn't managed to leave the house yet lol :)
cheers

Greg

Spartan
24th October 2012, 10:34 PM

Just seen it now. Will definitely give it a go, hopefully I won't disappoint.

Nicko71
25th October 2012, 08:23 PM
Starting to like it
helps when you read the instructions..
(fwd pass and side pass buttons)?

Mikie
26th October 2012, 02:15 PM
had to get one in, they seem to get a little confused sometimes when evading diagonally
the big pass is worth going for

Spartan
26th October 2012, 10:46 PM

Lupin
27th October 2012, 08:28 AM
Fairly sure I'm going to score a 0 on this one

- - - Updated - - -

Fairly sure I'm going to score a 0 on this one

RMacauley
27th October 2012, 10:40 AM
Made it to the Pro's....and failed miserably

ED_209
29th October 2012, 08:09 PM
This now ranks as one of the worst games I've ever played. I can't get a touchdown and am hating every moment of trying. :realmad:

What's the secret here? Time for all tips on the table. How the hell do you score points in this game?

Brad
29th October 2012, 08:17 PM
You know you can bust out of a tackle by wagglng the joystick? you can do that 3 times per play as long as it's only a single tackler

brad

ED_209
29th October 2012, 08:33 PM
You know you can bust out of a tackle by wagglng the joystick? you can do that 3 times per play as long as it's only a single tackler

brad

Yeah I worked that out. It hasn't helped. I'll need something that makes a far more significant improvement.

John73
29th October 2012, 08:52 PM
Yeah I worked that out. It hasn't helped. I'll need something that makes a far more significant improvement.

If I remember tomorrow arvo, I'll see if I can do a live stream and save the video of me doing the first & second half of the High School.

You could also possibly try looking for a YouTube vid though the quick search I just did showed a lot of console ports of the game, the only arcade version I saw the guy had the cheats turned on which doesn't help.

Pretty much in the high school, you should be able to score without even throwing a forward pass.. Just use your quarterback to run up the guts between the blockers and use the joystick waggle in one on ones, you should either make first down on your first attempt or second attempt at worst.

Your receiver that runs up the field for the pass... you know you can press the forward pass button when he is initially running across the screen? you don't have to let him run all the way to the far left.

So try something like - if there are defenders (behind the blockers) on the right - send your receiver up to the right - then when your quarterback receives the ball - throw sideways to the left and then just run that guy straight up.

Hope some of that helps - it's very hard to explain without writing a major novel. So much easier in the old days when you could just watch someone else before putting your 20 cents in :D

ED_209
29th October 2012, 09:25 PM
What you're describing sounds like what I've seen in a couple of youtube videos but the reality of playing it has been very different. Absolutely no chance of just running straight up - the guys chasing me are much faster and catch up immediately. Doing this doesn't often get me past the blockers. If I do get past, the rest are straight on me and shaking them off doesn't work for long. Same thing with the guys on the left and right. That ball must weigh a tonne cos everybody else seems quite agile.

As for a forward pass, is that just random luck? I try to throw it when Ive got a clear line to my receiver but the other team seems to then have time to push my players to the ground and intercept or even to run around from behind my receiver and intercept right in front of him.

Brad
29th October 2012, 09:52 PM
It's more about timing than anything. Make you guy in the first pass run ahead at a spot furthest from all the backline defenders. When you go to throw a forward pass at him you have to time it so that the defending players have virtually run in front of the path the ball will take.

Very hard to describe without seeing it though. Sometimes there is no real option to pass forward and you have to run it so you send your runner to take out one of the defenders on the side you'll actually run too.

Cheers,
Brad

Jed
30th October 2012, 12:43 AM
I think it's brilliant this game has brought players that 'wouldn't normally play' coming on down and posting a score in mgl. Really gratifying to see :)

Interesting to see players who otherwise usually score well on most games, struggling with such a simple concept like Pass ball, run ball. Make 10 yards :lol

Like Berzerk, Quick pattern analysis is key in this game too. You need to be able to quickly determine right away the best play ie left, right, middle, pass/run, depending on how the defense is setup ie, where the gaps are to exploit.

Also... I know Mikie knows about this ;) kicking 100 yd field goals. After scoring a touchdown and you get the place kick, you can run your kicker right down to just before the 0 yard line, then kick. It will always go over, and you will rack up additional points as your score ticks over as long as you keep running :) sometimes the opposition can run you down though, but most times you should be able to pull it off.

Course this wont help you Ed, until you can score a touchdown against the high school kiddies ;)

Mikie
30th October 2012, 07:58 AM
Yeah I used the 100 yard kick to post my score, noticed you can go up down a couple times at the end just to get another 100 points but make sure you're heading down in the middle when the kick is made. but its too time consuming, my goal is to make it past college ! Lol

John73
30th October 2012, 08:32 AM
What you're describing sounds like what I've seen in a couple of youtube videos but the reality of playing it has been very different. Absolutely no chance of just running straight up - the guys chasing me are much faster and catch up immediately. Doing this doesn't often get me past the blockers. If I do get past, the rest are straight on me and shaking them off doesn't work for long. Same thing with the guys on the left and right. That ball must weigh a tonne cos everybody else seems quite agile.

As for a forward pass, is that just random luck? I try to throw it when Ive got a clear line to my receiver but the other team seems to then have time to push my players to the ground and intercept or even to run around from behind my receiver and intercept right in front of him.

I will hopefully be home by 5pm tonight, in which case I'll do a live feed (if my internet/PC works properly without too much stuffing around) and leave the video on my livestream account - www.livestream.com/MrBumpNJump - hopefully this will give you some idea and some hopes of passing the High School round. After that, it's just the same thing, only harder :lol

I honestly can't tell you if I worked out how to play this game on my own or if it was from watching someone else play it. Would be at least 25-30 years since I first played this game in the arcades.

What Brad said about the timing is right, and I can understand why you are getting frustrated.

Anyway, I'll see what I can upload tonight and post back in here when it's up.

ED_209
30th October 2012, 03:52 PM
Well, thanks for tips guys :D (except Jamma cos you really didn't help so much as take an opportunity to be patronizing :p)

I've managed to score a touchdown and kick a goal now. I think I'll try to get past the high school kids and then throw in the towel. I showed a guy at work what the buttons are and he immediately tripled my hi score. :lol I guess this one's not for me.

John73
30th October 2012, 04:46 PM
Well, thanks for tips guys :D (except Jamma cos you really didn't help so much as take an opportunity to be patronizing :p)

I've managed to score a touchdown and kick a goal now. I think I'll try to get past the high school kids and then throw in the towel. I showed a guy at work what the buttons are and he immediately tripled my hi score. :lol I guess this one's not for me.

Just on the off chance that you're still around, I'm about to live play a game now. I'm by no means as good as some of the guys, but you may pick up some tips.

Will leave the live feed broadcast up there so you or anyone can see my rather crappy game play too : http://www.livestream.com/MrBumpNJump

Edit: Should be up now. Game 1 was probably the better of the games, just mucked around after that. Was getting really tough (for me) defensive setups and giving me little chance to throw too many passes :(

Would really like to see an INP file from the winner of this one to see how they go about beating the game after the College stage. I can normally progress to the Pro's or get close, but have lots of trouble from there on.

2nd Edit: :realmad: Bloody recording came out with nothing but the sound when I switched to full screen. You will have to check out YouTube or INP files I guess, no time for another recording tonight :(

ED_209
30th October 2012, 06:32 PM
Just on the off chance that you're still around, I'm about to live play a game now. I'm by no means as good as some of the guys, but you may pick up some tips.

Will leave the live feed broadcast up there so you or anyone can see my rather crappy game play too : http://www.livestream.com/MrBumpNJump
2nd Edit: :realmad: Bloody recording came out with nothing but the sound when I switched to full screen. You will have to check out YouTube or INP files I guess, no time for another recording tonight :(

Thanks anyway John. Sure sounded like you were playing well. :lol

This is now hands down, without a doubt the absolute shittest game I've ever played. From graphics to sound to mindblowingly bad gameplay, this takes the cake as the worst piece of crap I've ever forced myself to learn. I'm still trying to beat those goddamn jock high school kids but the more I play, the more I feel I might become that other kid who comes back with a shotgun instead.

Foot
30th October 2012, 10:19 PM
Armed with my new knowledge about joystick wiggling I came within 5 yards of scoring a touchdown

yay...

Jed
30th October 2012, 11:59 PM
Thanks anyway John. Sure sounded like you were playing well. :lol

This is now hands down, without a doubt the absolute shittest game I've ever played. From graphics to sound to mindblowingly bad gameplay, this takes the cake as the worst piece of crap I've ever forced myself to learn. I'm still trying to beat those goddamn jock high school kids but the more I play, the more I feel I might become that other kid who comes back with a shotgun instead.

Even more gratifying, to nominate a game that ed_209 is so mind blowingly, utterly crap at. The continued bleating gives me strength. Yeah baby :lol

Now where's the other half of your double act ? First down, one to go...

ED_209
31st October 2012, 06:30 PM
Even more gratifying, to nominate a game that ed_209 is so mind blowingly, utterly crap at. The continued bleating gives me strength. Yeah baby :lol

Now where's the other half of your double act ? First down, one to go...

:lol Screw you Jamma! The other half of my double act is my foot up your ass. :bum:

Nicko71
31st October 2012, 07:21 PM

MonoJoker
31st October 2012, 08:58 PM
Finally made Pro, not sure I'll do any better. Now to try the next weird looking title LOL.

Pelly
31st October 2012, 10:48 PM
here is my crappy score...

ED_209
1st November 2012, 06:23 PM

I F@#$/&!G DID IT!!!

I finally beat those damn meat head douche bags! :D I can now happily never play this game again. Thank you all for your tips. In your face Jamma! :p

Jed
1st November 2012, 09:44 PM

I F@#$/&!G DID IT!!!

I finally beat those damn meat head douche bags! :D I can now happily never play this game again.

Thank Christ for that :D

Pelly
1st November 2012, 10:22 PM

Brad
2nd November 2012, 06:35 AM

I was 5 yards away from another 8000 point touchdown =(

Jed
2nd November 2012, 08:15 AM

I was 5 yards away from another 8000 point touchdown =(

Wow, huge score Brad ! So you were 5 yards away from making the very last team ?

Going to have to give this another go now, in between painting the kitchen this weekend..

Brad
2nd November 2012, 08:59 AM
Theres a last team? I was in the Super Pro's. Whats after that? I think this is the highest score I've ever gotten but yes 5 yards short. The damn sprite blocks are nasty. I swear is gets worse the higher you get. There was actually a gap between my player and the tackler when I was tackled. The swearing from me was a little extreme at the time :lol

Jed
2nd November 2012, 09:33 AM
Theres a last team? I was in the Super Pro's. Whats after that? I think this is the highest score I've ever gotten but yes 5 yards short. The damn sprite blocks are nasty. I swear is gets worse the higher you get. There was actually a gap between my player and the tackler when I was tackled. The swearing from me was a little extreme at the time :lol

Yeah, I've noticed that too ie on some of the long diving tackles, the tackler sometimes misses you by a good few pixels, yet you can be taken down. WTF rage moments !

Yep there is apparantly 5 levels of difficulty, like a number of games from this era it has the '5 levels' thing going on. I don't know what the last level is called, maybe Super Bowl or something, also wonder if it then loops back to HIgh School ? But you were extremely close to finding out.... would love to know :)

Nicko71
3rd November 2012, 12:58 PM

Q. What's worse than a crap game?
A. A crap game that cheats

WTF!?

casperthefriendly
4th November 2012, 11:33 AM

Damn this game's addictive...

John73
4th November 2012, 12:20 PM

Decided to have one more go. 3 yards short of making it to the final level :(

Best run from the kick off was yesterday, made it to about 4 yards out.

Think that will probably do it for me on this game, just under 7 hours to go - Rob is out of the medals for the first time in living memory, I wonder if he is off practising this game somewhere in a last ditch attempt :D

RMacauley
4th November 2012, 01:47 PM
Rob is out of the medals for the first time in living memory, I wonder if he is off practising this game somewhere in a last ditch attempt :D

I'm done with this one. Just can't get my head around this game. Made the pros a few times and failed miserably each time.

Lowest finish ever. Previous worst was 4th on Turtles.

:I_give_up.thumb::Crying.thumb:

casperthefriendly
4th November 2012, 04:24 PM

Managed to squeeze a few more points out of her... That's it for me.

Taverner
4th November 2012, 04:57 PM
Does the dummy run work?

Still pretty average at this one but had one good run to the third level, I've never had any luck throwing forward straight away or running straight up so usually I'll pass left or right and then either run or go long.

I even started sending my runner up the open side and then going the opposite way and making good yards so now I'm wondering if there's something to that or if its all in my head :).

Jed
4th November 2012, 05:02 PM
:D

After a couple of 120k scores during the week, but still not enough to beat Brad's score, sat down 5pm today after a busy weekend with the family, to give this a solid couple of hours. 2nd game in I had a cracker, beat the Super Pros for the first time ever :) From then on the game does a Moon Patrol, ie, it stays at the hardest level and repeats.

I love this game, it's easily in my top 10 alltime games - cause it has no logic, and you can't just learn patterns, enemy positions, and play it like an automaton.

Congrats to 10 yard noobs gave it a decent go, and got decent results - like Rmac, and also were polite and a good sport enough, not to piss and moan for two weeks :lol

Brad
4th November 2012, 05:12 PM
Damn you Jamma! :cry

I dod the same as you. Been a busy weekend. Thought I'd sit down for a quick game. started poorly, cracked 100k and thought okay games going good...just wanted to get past 130,000 and wham, got hit on the line and the dirty damn cheating ref reckons I didn't make the 10 Yards :realmad: Beat my old score by bugger all.

Good game mate. It's a cracker of a game but must be frustrating for the guys who just don't get it.

Cheers,
Brad

John73
4th November 2012, 05:18 PM
Nice score Jamma :)

I had to chuck on the cheat mode DIPs to see what happened at the end, no chance of me making it there :D

Also found out that you score 20,000 for scoring a touchdown from the kick off - I couldn't manage to do it - but it's worth your while doing it if you can.

kane
4th November 2012, 06:56 PM
Only started playing this an hour ago :018: but I enjoyed it thoroughly. Managed a touchdown a few times but not much more than that, it's seems really hard so I'm probably missing something...

John73
4th November 2012, 07:09 PM
Time Up!

Congrats to Jammasized on the touchdown win and also to Brad & casperthefriendly on the minor placings.

Game 5 will up in two secs. Final medals will be added to page 1 of this game, the leaderboard will be updated tonight (possibly) :D

- - - Updated - - -

Final Standings

Rank

Name
Score

MGL Points

Jammasized
25 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/goldmedal_t.png

Brad
20 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/silvermedal_t.png

casperthefriendly
16 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/bronzemedal_t.png

Spartan

Wizo

John73

Taverner

RMacauley

Mikie

mamejay

MonoJoker

Blktgr74

Pelly

Nicko71

ED_209

kane
-

[TR]

Jed
5th November 2012, 08:49 AM
Does the dummy run work?

Definitely Tav, so too using your runner/receiver as a blocker up through the initial line to take out a well positioned tackler - gives your q/back time to get around and make the yards running. I run much more than I pass when I play.

Foot
5th November 2012, 08:55 AM
10 yard fight beat me again, Not a single touch down, too embarrassed to enter a score.

Well done Jamma

Taverner
5th November 2012, 02:43 PM
Definitely Tav, so too using your runner/receiver as a blocker up through the initial line to take out a well positioned tackler - gives your q/back time to get around and make the yards running. I run much more than I pass when I play.

I'll have to give the blocker technique a go, it might help me with my quarterback runs which I had pretty much given up on. Nice to see a couple of sports games in the MGL to mix things up, I think it was mentioned before but one of the best things about 10 yards is the variety, I'm sure the patterns get more obvious the more you play but considering how many of the games from the same time had everything happen exactly the same from a given point, like the start of a stage this really does feel like a new game each time you kick off.