PDA

View Full Version : [solved] Need help: G27 Racing Wheel

John73
3rd May 2012, 05:57 PM
Finally got it set up.

Just trying it out in iRacing, I can configure all of the controls - break, accelerator, look left/right assigned to buttons on steering wheel. But I can not get the steering wheel to go. Part of the setup they want you to fully turn the wheel to the left and then to the right but turning the wheel doesn't show any change on the screen, i.e. it's like I'm not turning it.

Any ideas? :unsure

edit: checked the power going into the wheel, wasn't plugged in properly - I stupidly assumed that if the buttons were working then it was plugged in correctly :rolleyes

John73
3rd May 2012, 06:48 PM
Well problem sort of solved, just not getting any force feedback now, not that that is a major issue. :confused:

wingtipvortex
3rd May 2012, 06:52 PM
Well problem sort of solved, just not getting any force feedback now, not that that is a major issue. :confused:

The force feed back is second to none on iracing John, compulsory for the " real" experience. Is FF working in game, out of game?

John73
3rd May 2012, 07:07 PM
The force feed back is second to none on iracing John, compulsory for the " real" experience. Is FF working in game, out of game?

Not working in game. I have it turned on in game and FF was working with my handheld controller. Is there something in Logitech Profiler that I can use to test FF? I'm having a look at that now.

wingtipvortex
3rd May 2012, 07:14 PM
Got your Skype working yet? if so we could screen share and i can talk you through it, instead of using this age old tech called a keyboard:lol

John73
3rd May 2012, 07:16 PM
got skype installed, but haven't got around to working out why the mic ain't working. I'll have a bit of a search online and see if I can sort out the issue :)

Did a 1.07 on Limerock, pretty sure this is about 2 secs quicker than I did with the controller and I've only done about 6 laps with the wheel so far :D

wingtipvortex
3rd May 2012, 07:27 PM
got skype installed, but haven't got around to working out why the mic ain't working. I'll have a bit of a search online and see if I can sort out the issue :)

Did a 1.07 on Limerock, pretty sure this is about 2 secs quicker than I did with the controller and I've only done about 6 laps with the wheel so far :D

Nice one for limerock, there are a few corners you will need to change your driving line for to cut seconds off mate, im very close to pulling a 59 something lap on a good run. You will get there.
Yes, get your mike working so i can sit in the car with you an talk you through some corners:)

John73
3rd May 2012, 07:33 PM
Nice one for limerock, there are a few corners you will need to change your driving line for to cut seconds off mate, im very close to pulling a 59 something lap on a good run. You will get there.
Yes, get your mike working so i can sit in the car with you an talk you through some corners:)

Cheers will do, hopefully this weekend if you are around, if not next week. Sunday night is good for me, Labour Day on Monday so I can stay up late and play :D

Just did a 1:05:11, so getting better :) Need to stop mucking around on the track and solve the FF problem now :(

wingtipvortex
3rd May 2012, 07:40 PM
So ive heard from a few mates, the FF will be defaulted to 100% at first as well. You may need to drop it back in the profiler, then in game set it to around 65%
Sunday will be good mate, I can host a private session for a few of us to have a race around for a couple of hours:)

John73
3rd May 2012, 07:47 PM
So ive heard from a few mates, the FF will be defaulted to 100% at first as well. You may need to drop it back in the profiler, then in game set it to around 65%
Sunday will be good mate, I can host a private session for a few of us to have a race around for a couple of hours:)

Private session sounds good. Only cost $1 for 2 hours so I'm up for taking turns paying for this.

FF now working :) stupid power plug for the steering wheel is very loose, gets slightly loose when securing the wheel to the desk and you lose FF, then lose steering completely. :(

Anyway, all is good now, might have a race on an oval circuit now, don't know if I'll enter a race tonight, getting a bit late for me, been flogged at work so I'm dead tired and have to be up at 5am to do it all again tomorrow :realmad:

edit: Just found the thingo on the pedals to stop it moving on the carpet too, that should help :D

wingtipvortex
3rd May 2012, 08:12 PM
edit: Just found the thingo on the pedals to stop it moving on the carpet too, that should help :D
:lol

Yeah mate, we take turns around once a week to host private sessions, we lots of fun. My suggestion is buy the Ford V8 Supercar and Phillip Island, its a cool car and great track on a private run:)

John73
3rd May 2012, 08:50 PM
:lol

Yeah mate, we take turns around once a week to host private sessions, we lots of fun. My suggestion is buy the Ford V8 Supercar and Phillip Island, its a cool car and great track on a private run:)

Trying to watch the pennies at the moment, but let me know what track and cars you are racing and I'll look into it.

Just raced a Limerock race, only 10 starters and a lot dropped out/disconnect, but I managed 4th with a best lap of 1:06. This game absolutely kicks arse with a wheel, so glad I was pushed towards spending $220 on the wheel.