PDA

View Full Version : playfield touchup paints question

1up
22nd March 2012, 05:15 PM
i have a very small area on a playfield that needs to be touched up. its only a solid colour so should make it a bit easier.
i read this guide and his results look really good and straightforward http://www.flippers.be/playfield_touchup.html is this the way i should do it as im basically doing a small spot just like that.

he used the tamiya acrylic paint and then the tamiya clear for the clearcoat. the brand seems to be well regarded from having a bit of a read on the net.

so should i use those paints or some other cheapie water paint, if so what do i clear coat it with after so it blends in with the rest of the playfield.

goodolddays
23rd March 2012, 09:33 AM
I just use acrylic paint from the reject shop. $2 per bottle . Then I put a few coats of wax over it.

boskie
23rd March 2012, 09:43 AM
The Tamiya paints will cost you more - but they are certainly great paints

em_pins
23rd March 2012, 02:34 PM
Could use acrylic paint of choice and overlay with a clear vinyl about 70 microns which has a gloss finish. Works a treat !

1up
23rd March 2012, 02:54 PM
thanks for the advice guys,
today i stopped into hobby habbit and bought a handful of different coloured tamiya paints (also bought the clear), then on the way home i stopped into sams warehouse and bought a 12 pack acrylic set (couldnt decide lol)

going to have a play around with them this weekend and see how i go

Fire_Power
23rd March 2012, 04:50 PM
Post some pics of the results. Always good to see how these go and I'm sure it inspires others to have a crack.

1up
23rd March 2012, 09:45 PM
yeah will do, i'll get some before, during and after pics

Darksoul
28th March 2012, 07:51 AM
Acrylic paints are the way to go. If you make a mistake they are easy to remove. Enamels - hard to remove.