PDA

View Full Version : ANY1 know where to get 5 & 7 core black sheathed rubber cable for a gun game ? ? ?

Rich
9th February 2012, 06:26 AM
Maybe someone out there knows where I can get 5 and 7 core black sheathed rubber cable that I need to replace on a gun game. The OD of the 7 core is 1/2 inch, I could go a little bigger but not too much as it won't fit into the plug. I need the 7 core for the amp to the gun stand and the 5 core for the gun stand to the gun. The best I could find was 6 black which are numbered from 1 to 6 in white every 150 mm, that I couldn't determine, and a green/yellow and the cable has red printing on it. I have tried, Olex, DKS, Middendorp, Lawrence and Hanson, Teclec etc only to be told I wont get a 7 colored core black sheathed rubber cable here in Australia. I was also told it is law to print the specs on the outer cable.

Tipus4u
9th February 2012, 08:08 AM
Have you had a look at Trailer Cable from an auto store as they come in either 5 or 7 core cable and have a black outer sheath.

narf_
9th February 2012, 10:03 AM
retic shops

Rich
9th February 2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks, but trailer cable isn't rubber sheathed and not rated at 110/250 volts and I am trying to get as close to original as i can.

Homepin
9th February 2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks, but trailer cable isn't rubber sheathed and not rated at 110/250 volts and I am trying to get as close to original as i can.

surely the game doesn't have high voltage going to the gun???

Tipus4u
9th February 2012, 09:40 PM
Let us know what the game is and then we can work out what wire ratings you need.

Rich
10th February 2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks again to those who have responded, I have been able to source an 11 colored core black sheathed rubber cable which should do the job. When the trigger is pulled a set of contacts discharge a 250vdc cap into a shot timing relay. Back in the 40s human safety wasn't a high priority

dezbaz
10th February 2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks again to those who have responded, I have been able to source an 11 colored core black sheathed rubber cable which should do the job. When the trigger is pulled a set of contacts discharge a 250vdc cap into a shot timing relay. Back in the 40s human safety wasn't a high priority

Care is needed terminating them 240V bits in the gun.IE: Use Heatshrink, don't nick the insulation or leave exposed copper near the joins. Don't allow ANY little strands to stick out of the terminal tunnel, as even 1 strand can zap you. Dont force covers over coloured wires, as the insulation will score or weaken causing possible arc over

Ask if stuck

deadlydave
10th February 2012, 10:27 PM
Care is needed terminating them 240V bits in the gun.IE: Use Heatshrink, don't nick the insulation or leave exposed copper near the joins. Don't allow ANY little strands to stick out of the terminal tunnel, as even 1 strand can zap you. Dont force covers over coloured wires, as the insulation will score or weaken causing possible arc over

Ask if stuck

Agree with above and also ensure the metallic parts are earthed via star washers etc, would be prudent to get a sparkie to test and tag machine when your done, 240vac potential at the gun is a bit hairy....