PDA

View Full Version : Help - Wiring NRI Coin Mechs to Sunshine Credit board after Card system was used

Fizgig
10th January 2012, 05:28 PM
Hi guys
I am doing a Lazer-Tron "Chip Away Game" upright conversion and want to test these coin mechs, just saw the Help section of the forum and need some help to get my coin mechs working.
Here the front and back of my cab:

The problem is that my machine was modded to use a card reader system, which was removed prior to me buying it.
So I dont know what the correct wiring should be and didn't want to just plug it in in case I fried something.

The below image is of the green finger connector that I assume plugs into the video credit board.

Close up of Sunrise Credit Board

The finger connector's wires hook into cabinet wiring with the "black and orange" wire going to the below LAI controller interface Board which then connects to the custom Lazer-tron ISA PCB in the PC via the cabinet wiring.
That ribbon cable on the LAI cable goes nowhere just dangles.

Can anyone tell me what the LAI controller interface board does and if I would need to change anything wiring wise, in particular that transistor thing in the wiring connector on the LAI board?
If its too difficult to hook up as is, I will bypass the LAI board and I think I can hook up that Sunrise credit board to an Ipac and mame?

Thanks guys, I hope that makes sense.

Fizgig
10th January 2012, 05:32 PM
Oh and FYI my project thread is at:
http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/47493-Fizgig-s-Lazer-tron-Upright-Conversion

Thanks again guys

prktkljokr
10th January 2012, 07:41 PM
I just made up a tester over the weekend to test NRI mechs, I cant remember exactly the pinout of the board but in your picture of the board
http://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32585&d=1326167029&thumb=1

The way you are holding it in the picture is how it goes on with the 12v at the bottom of the picture

wombato
10th January 2012, 08:31 PM
:nevermind. iPhone created a post by accident