PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlet Arcade Roms?

Coney
15th February 2007, 09:38 PM
Hey Guys,

Im trying to find the rom for the arcade game Gauntlet or Guantlet II. Its the one where its four players and you just keeping killing everything in that floor then you just go down to the next floor and do the same and it just keeps going and going. I think it was released by Atari ~1985?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Cheers,
Coney

dmworking247
15th February 2007, 09:44 PM
Do a search at www.romnation.net ... you'll find it there

Coney
15th February 2007, 10:59 PM
Thanks Bud!

Ill check it out now.....:)

Just downloaded a few of the roms, but none of the ones I have downloaded seem to work.

Am I doing something wrong? Just put the zip files into the "roms" directory right? :(

Coney
16th February 2007, 01:25 AM
Thanks Bud!

Ill check it out now.....:)

Just downloaded a few of the roms, but none of the ones I have downloaded seem to work.

Am I doing something wrong? Just put the zip files into the "roms" directory right? :(

OK....I ended downloading MAME32 0.90u also from that site, and Gauntlet works fine with that version, but why doesnt it work with MAME32 1.06??

sairuk
16th February 2007, 02:31 AM
Sets can change over time and versions, new dumps, different names. It all depends on what the devs need to do with it to make it right. If you want to have a correct set for the current version of mame you should look into an auditing app, two of the more common ones are clrmamepro or romcenter.

http://www.clrmame.com/
http://www.romcenter.com/

dmworking247
16th February 2007, 07:43 AM
OK....I ended downloading MAME32 0.90u also from that site, and Gauntlet works fine with that version, but why doesnt it work with MAME32 1.06??

1.06 is what I'm using too... Some games like Gauntlet and Galaga etc didnt work for me originally. As mentioned in other posts in this (and other, similar threads) you need to 'recompile' your Roms collection with Clrmamepro... that fixed them for me.

Best to try and get most of the games you want and then do it rather than trying to recompile your collection every time you add a Rom that doesnt initially work.