PDA

View Full Version : MGL Announcement

Jed
14th November 2011, 03:05 PM
Hear Ye!

December 12th marks 3 months since MGL13 ? which is around the usual break between MGL?s. After discussion amongst the keepers of the MGL Flame, it?s been decreed that starting a new comp so close to the Midsummer Madness wouldn?t do. So to allow for the silly season, holidays and all, a January kickoff for MGL14 has been decided upon. MGL14 format discussion / game nominations will be done in December.

As promised, there will be another MGL Special Event ? a 2 week game that will kickoff from this Sunday 20th November, and run until Sunday December 4th.

The game and format will be posted on Sunday. Stay tuned :)

Brad
14th November 2011, 03:37 PM
Damn...I got all excited for nothing after reading it'll be January before a start :cry

Brad

Jed
14th November 2011, 10:34 PM
Damn...I got all excited for nothing after reading it'll be January before a start :cry

Brad

Yeah...sorry Brad, but I'm going to be away for a fair bit of pre-Christmas December and Early January (till the 9th). If you or Wingtip would like to run MGL14 while I am away, then we could start earlier if you like :) Let me know.

Brad
15th November 2011, 08:50 AM
Mate I'd have no problem doing it but people are correct in that with holidays etc not many could participate so it makes perfect sense to hold it back until Jan. I''l just have to make sure my cabs get some love over the next month or so. They haven't been fired up in a few weeks.

Cheers,
Brad

Jed
15th November 2011, 05:32 PM
Mate I'd have no problem doing it but people are correct in that with holidays etc not many could participate so it makes perfect sense to hold it back until Jan. I''l just have to make sure my cabs get some love over the next month or so. They haven't been fired up in a few weeks.

Cheers,
Brad

No sweat.

I know what you mean re dormant cabs.... I barely touch mine when MGL's aren't on - tend to do more Console gaming. The new thread for console and computer game high scores is starting to get some love, I'm keeping my hand in over there at the moment :)

Anyways the '2 week special' game will give you a reason to fire it up again come this Sunday.

John73
15th November 2011, 07:26 PM
I'll have to try and remember to check back in Sunday for the 2 week MGL game. I'll be in for sure (if I remember) :D

Understood about people not having time over Xmas for MGL, I have lots of time. Being self employed, Xmas I generally spend at home doing as little as possible :D No matter, I'll make use of the Xmas break by reworking my arse groove on the couch and watching as much cricket as possible :cool: