View Full Version : MGL13 GAME 12: SCRAMBLE [in progress, week 2]

Jed
28th August 2011, 07:11 PM
And now for the final game of MGL13, nominated by SECTION Z:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/jammasized/scramble-tourn.jpg

Rom Name: scramble.zip

Dips:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/jammasized/scramble-dips.gif

Manufacturer: Konami (http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuf_detail.php?manuf_id=1467&orig_game_id=9447)
Year: 1981 (http://www.arcade-museum.com/year_detail.php?year=1981&orig_game_id=9447&letter=S)
Type: Videogame
Genre (http://www.arcade-museum.com/genre.php): Shooter (http://www.arcade-museum.com/results.php?genre=Shooter)

Conversion Class: Konami Classic (http://www.arcade-museum.com/pinouts-class/Konami_Classic.html)
Game Specific: Scramble Pinout (http://www.arcade-museum.com/pinouts-game/9447.html)
Settings: Scramble Dipswitch Settings (http://www.arcade-museum.com/dipswitch-settings/9447.html)
Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
Maximum number of Players: 2
Gameplay: Alternating
Control Panel Layout: Single Player
Controls:

Joystick: 8-way
Buttons: 2 [FireBomb]

Scramble Description

Player controls a ship that must infiltrate the five levels of the Scramble system and destroy the Base in the sixth. The first level has the player over a decidedly hilly terrain. ('decidedly hilly' arcade museum - who writes your descriptions ?) Player must dodge or destroy enemy missiles shot from the ground. The second level is inside a cavern. The quarters are not tight, but the swarms of enemy saucers make maneuvering difficult at best. The player exits the cavern and is assaulted by a storm of fireballs in the third level. The fireballs are fast and indestructible and must be manically dodged. The fourth, or City level flies the player over a large metropolis. Missiles fired at the player from the tops of buildings again become a threat. The fifth level sends the player into obnoxiously tight machine tunnels. Pilot error is the only though formidable enemy. The final level has the player make an attack run on the Base, defended only by its position in a deep valley. After the destruction of the Base, the player begins again. Gameplay is further complicated by the player's ship's consumption of fuel. If the player's ship runs out, it crashes into the ground below. Fuel is replenished by the destruction of the fuel tanks that liberally dot the ground during the levels. Each time the player destroys the Base, the ship's fuel consumption increases, dramatically increasing the challenge.

If you still feel you need more detail after that novel, then go to: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9447

To qualify for MGL points you will need to post in this thread, stating your score in the subject line of your message, and include a screenshot. Submit as many score updates as you like, but please post a new message for each new score.

SCRAMBLE and MGL13 closes 7pm Sunday September 11 :blink:

GOOD LUCK!

LEADERBOARD:

Rat: 260,920
Jamma: 139,360
Brad: 118,140
DKong: 107,740
Wingtip: 99,900
Pelly: 78,830
John: 71,740
ED_209: 60,480
Foot: 57,270
Spartan: 32,520
Firepower: 29,470
Woody: 28,100
Spartan: 25,380
Kane: 19,960

kane
28th August 2011, 07:38 PM
Holy Moly, what a hectic game.

Jed
28th August 2011, 07:41 PM
Holy Moly, what a hectic game.

Real method to the madness with Scramble. It will be interesting to see how far any Scramble noobs get in two weeks, I'd wager pretty much everyone here will be able to destroy the base at least once.

Rat
28th August 2011, 09:39 PM
Cool, I enjoy scramble, I hope to have a good crack at this one :)

John73
29th August 2011, 08:22 AM

No threat from me taking out this one :( Don't mind this game, but I'm useless at it :D

Two questions:

1 How does blowing up a fuel supply add to the fuel of the ship?
2 The fuel goes down so quick, is this the most fuel inefficient ship in the universe?

:lol

Serious question. My screen resolution is really weird for this game - am I using an outdated ROM? Using .139 I think :confused:

wingtipvortex
29th August 2011, 09:52 PM
So fraggin close to 100K damn it!!! My best has been around 40/60K for years, so im happy with this effort:)

http://i56.tinypic.com/300gydy.png

John73
30th August 2011, 07:46 AM

Finally figured out how to get through the start of section 4 :D

Jed
30th August 2011, 08:07 AM
Ok this is one game I plan to have a damn good crack at.

Wingtip, how many base destroyed for your 99k ?

DKong
30th August 2011, 09:37 AM
Ok this is one game I plan to have a damn good crack at.

Wingtip, how many base destroyed for your 99k ?

I think if you look at the bottom right hand side of the screen shot it shows 5 bases.

Jed
30th August 2011, 01:32 PM
I think if you look at the bottom right hand side of the screen shot it shows 5 bases. Holy crap, 5 bases, nice !

Rat
30th August 2011, 02:59 PM
All the base R belong to me :)

John73
30th August 2011, 03:51 PM

Got to the first base and was so excited that I didn't know what to do and ran out of fuel and crashed :lol

Jed
30th August 2011, 09:56 PM
All the base R belong to me :) :laugh:

Had a great run on about my 5th go. Had a few really crap games too.

Scramble has got it all as far as I'm concerned! The shite you can sometimes find yourself in amongst the asteroid belt can be really fun.

Finally a game comes up this MGL that I can play, pity it's the last one :rolleyes\

Edit: what is it with the rash of stretchy pictures ?

Pelly
30th August 2011, 10:21 PM
My first crack at this game.... I think I died just before the first base...? How the hell do you get through those tight tunnels with all the fuel tanks?

Spartan
30th August 2011, 11:06 PM
My first crack at this game.... I think I died just before the first base...? How the hell do you get through those tight tunnels with all the fuel tanks?

Haven't made it through those tunnels either. I keep as far to the right as I can and then cut back to make the tight turns. Have got past a few tight bends but still keeping hitting walls every so often.

My effort - 25,380

Rat
31st August 2011, 12:10 AM
Should be able to double this when I'm sober ;)

Rat
31st August 2011, 12:13 AM
It is a fairly straight forward game ('scuse the pun) but there are a few tips that I will share in a couple of days time.

DKong
31st August 2011, 12:18 AM
Should be able to double this when I'm sober ;)

:lol I have been flu ridden the last two days and felt like death, so decided to take my own medicine the rest of a bottle of whiskey and the bundy and now up for some midnight scramble lined up.

Edit can now post from my iPad :)

John73
31st August 2011, 06:48 AM
Edit: what is it with the rash of stretchy pictures ?

I asked about that but didn't get an answer. Don't know if it's got something to do with original windows resolution - it shouldn't :confused:

On my laptop I'm running 1368x768 and it takes up roughly half my screen. On my desktop (larger monitor - don't no what resolutio off the top of my head) it takes up not even 30% of the screen.

The game info reports correct resolution being 768x224.

kane
31st August 2011, 04:44 PM
I asked about that but didn't get an answer. Don't know if it's got something to do with original windows resolution - it shouldn't :confused:

On my laptop I'm running 1368x768 and it takes up roughly half my screen. On my desktop (larger monitor - don't no what resolutio off the top of my head) it takes up not even 30% of the screen.

The game info reports correct resolution being 768x224.

MAME list this game's resolution as 224x768 which is the size the screenshots capture at. Galaxian is the same as well as a few others.

John73
31st August 2011, 06:26 PM
MAME list this game's resolution as 224x768 which is the size the screenshots capture at. Galaxian is the same as well as a few others.

Yeah but the weird thing is, some of us are getting really thin (224x768) images and some are getting "normal" sized pics - e.g. Jamma's screen grab. I take it we are mostly all getting our screen shots from the mame snap function and not digital camera.

------

Edit: Actually looks like Jamma's pic is a digital camera and Rat's is Mame running in a Window.

Rat
31st August 2011, 06:39 PM
Mines not squishy :)

Playing crap today...........and I don't feel like getting on the piss....oh well will see tomorrow.

How did your recovery session go Ben? all cured? :rolleyes

DKong
31st August 2011, 07:02 PM
Mines not squishy :)

Playing crap today...........and I don't feel like getting on the piss....oh well will see tomorrow.

How did your recovery session go Ben? all cured? :rolleyes

Might of overdone the medicine a tad, but a lot better. Thanks for asking:)

Spartan
31st August 2011, 10:50 PM
Finally made it to the base with 3 lives. Ran out of fuel 3 times. Just need to work out where to shoot that bomb from.

John73
1st September 2011, 06:55 AM
Finally made it to the base with 3 lives. Ran out of fuel 3 times. Just need to work out where to shoot that bomb from.

Just got there for the 2nd time only myself - and choked again. Had three shots and missed by more each time :lol I'm guessing line it up over a certain point over the Konami sign :confused:

Really like this game, but I do find it frustrating. Just when I've figured out how to get through one section, I get there and die 2 or 3 times the next game :realmad:

Spartan
1st September 2011, 07:45 AM
No, you will need to fly down low and bomb or shoot it at close to point blank range.

Jed
1st September 2011, 12:52 PM
No, you will need to fly down low and bomb or shoot it at close to point blank range.Awwww, you gave it away.

John73
1st September 2011, 06:22 PM
No, you will need to fly down low and bomb or shoot it at close to point blank range.

Thanks for the tip :D There is still no guarantee that I will successfully kill the base within the next 10 days though :lol

wingtipvortex
1st September 2011, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the tip :D There is still no guarantee that I will successfully kill the base within the next 10 days though :lol
Yes you will.

DKong
1st September 2011, 06:59 PM
Not my best score but happy to get the 100,000 early, have 5 days of the house to my self so I will see what I can muster up:)

wingtipvortex
1st September 2011, 07:05 PM
Not my best score but happy to get the 100,000 early, have 5 days of the house to my self so I will see what I can muster up:)
You never told me you could crack the ton, were you holding out on me Mr Kong:laugh:

DKong
1st September 2011, 07:07 PM
You never told me you could crack the ton, were you holding out on me Mr Kong:laugh:

You never asked :unsure

wingtipvortex
1st September 2011, 07:14 PM
You never asked :unsure
It was a joke ya wally.

DKong
1st September 2011, 07:19 PM
It was a joke ya wally.

Same :lol

Rat
2nd September 2011, 06:34 PM
"joke ya wally" is that like "tuggin' ya chain" ?

Strange, could not beat my 150k when I sobered up, tried a couple of days running, now I have had 4 bourbons and I'm still not smashing it. Got close a couple of times 140k ish, I would like to see if there is a 10 stage flag like galaxian, I think I have had that goal before, but I can't remember if if I ever made it or not, I assume not. (Those that know don't tell me, I'm not going to look up any replays)

Jed
2nd September 2011, 07:08 PM
My one night of play, the more beer I had, the better I got. 4x Coopers Dark got me 129k, or an average of 32k p/beer.

I should be able to beat Rat then, if I have a 6-pack :)

wingtipvortex
2nd September 2011, 07:28 PM
My one night of play, the more beer I had, the better I got. 4x Coopers Dark got me 129k, or an average of 32k p/beer.

I should be able to beat Rat then, if I have a 6-pack :)
Im hitting a six pack and a little more i think.....200K here i come:)

John73
2nd September 2011, 08:40 PM
If alcohol makes you play better, then I think I'll be breaking the 1Mil mark in about an hour :lol

Brad
3rd September 2011, 04:29 PM

Scramble is a lot more fun when you finally work out how to clear the base!

Foot
3rd September 2011, 05:56 PM
You can't get over a 100K unless your on your 5th beer or greater, it's in the rules

:rulez:

John73
3rd September 2011, 06:00 PM

Finally killed the base :026:

Still have lots of problems, can not consistently do section 4. Tried a few different methods but nothing seems to be working better than anything else :confused:

John73
3rd September 2011, 06:58 PM
Previous MGL top for Scramble well and truly knocked off:

Scramble RetroBorg 75,600

Bit of work needed to knock off the TG records:

Mame - 1 1,918,250 John P McAllister Oct 01 2010 INP 0
Arcade 1 1,147,580 Robert T Mruczek Jun 02 2001 Referee 0

Arcade record doesn't say if it's a Konami or Stern machine. Apparently the Stern version uses fuel a lot quicker which I would assume makes it more difficult. Both records allow 5 lives though.

Jed
3rd September 2011, 08:50 PM
Got to 110k on my first ship this afternoon, was thinking yeah, I'm all over this. Then game over by 121k :( Avalanche of lost lives in the city/rockets section. Just started panicking and did myself by getting too worked up about it :lol Will have to have a another good go tomorrow.

wingtipvortex
3rd September 2011, 09:43 PM
Avalanche of lost lives in the city/rockets section
This is the do or die section for me. Rockets seem to " prematurely ejaculate " in this section. But you can get into the" rhythm method " sometimes:laugh:
anyone else notice the rockets " jump " forward a tad on most occasions?

John73
3rd September 2011, 10:46 PM
This is the do or die section for me. Rockets seem to " prematurely ejaculate " in this section.

I find if you think about cute puppy dogs getting run over, or grandma in her undies that the rockets prematurely ejaculating does happen :redface

John73
4th September 2011, 11:27 AM

DKong
4th September 2011, 12:57 PM
I find if you think about cute puppy dogs getting run over, or grandma in her undies that the rockets prematurely ejaculating does happen :redface

Thats sick :o or did you mean does not:unsure

Rat
4th September 2011, 01:44 PM
Well now I know, round 11 :)

John73
4th September 2011, 03:17 PM
Thats sick :o or did you mean does not:unsure

oops :redface posting while drinking is bad :lol

John73
4th September 2011, 03:32 PM

Starting to think I may be able to get 100K. Does the game get any harder? I notice that the fuel seems to be going down quicker and quicker - does it get to a certain stage and not get any harder? Third time through I shot the base and ran out of fuel immediately so it can't change too much from here.

DKong
4th September 2011, 03:36 PM

Well done, now you will have to find out what happens when you fill the screen of bases, should only be about 30 or 40 :D

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

oops :redface posting while drinking is bad :lol
:D tell me about it

Jed
4th September 2011, 03:55 PM
Well now I know, round 11 :) Great score !

Pelly
4th September 2011, 10:38 PM
Not really sure that I like this one... In any case I have nearly figured out how to navigate through to the base...

wingtipvortex
5th September 2011, 07:57 PM
****ing hell Andrew!!!!:laugh: I have no hope of beating that score. Well done!!!

shabu
5th September 2011, 08:54 PM

260,920 :o

And to think I was looking forward to giving this little gem a thumping after work this week. :redface

Back in the 80's I had this on a lowboy along with Centipede and one other game... can't quit remember what else was on the board. Maybe J remembers ?

http://i52.tinypic.com/ld3jn.jpg

Jed
5th September 2011, 10:45 PM
260,920 :o

And to think I was looking forward to giving this little gem a thumping after work this week. :redface

Back in the 80's I had this on a lowboy along with Centipede and one other game... can't quit remember what else was on the board. Maybe J remembers ?

http://i52.tinypic.com/ld3jn.jpg

Was it dig dug, the third game ?

Great pic - big three in the middle there. and there's some very high scores on the blackboard :o

A great game to end MGL on, scramble. after about the third bASE the game stays at the same difficulty. You pretty much can always make the base with about 1-2 bars of fuel left on hardest, meaning the game becomes a test of endurance and keeping your nerve over time. Rat's is a great score!

Woody
7th September 2011, 12:58 PM
Wow. I am consistently bad at this game

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8127/dsc01729qm.jpg

Just can't quiet make it to the base. Damn those tunnels are hard.

Pelly
7th September 2011, 03:48 PM
Finally got to the base and even made it through a second time on the same go :) It is true that once you figure it out... there is hope!

Jed
7th September 2011, 06:08 PM
Finally got to the base and even made it through a second time on the same go :) It is true that once you figure it out... there is hope!

Good stuff. You're on the way, make it to the base third time, then all's you gotta do is knuckle down and keep those lives intact.... which is easier said than done of course :D

ED_209
8th September 2011, 01:00 PM

Bloody hard game. Not hating it as much now that I've made it past the first level though. Dunno about cracking 300k by sunday to take the lead :lol

On another note, being a newcomer to MGL, how often do you guys hold these comps? I've loved getting into some of these games that I otherwise wouldn't have spent more than a few minutes on. The friendly competition is a big push to get to know these titles better. It'll be nice to have a break and try out the new Mag Sticks on some of my favourite games now that this comp is coming to an end but I'm certainly already looking forward to the start of the next one. Thanks again to the organizers and to everybody else for playing fairly and giving the incentive to get better at a great bunch of classics!

Jed
8th September 2011, 06:47 PM
Bloody hard game. Not hating it as much now that I've made it past the first level though. Dunno about cracking 300k by sunday to take the lead :lol

On another note, being a newcomer to MGL, how often do you guys hold these comps? I've loved getting into some of these games that I otherwise wouldn't have spent more than a few minutes on. The friendly competition is a big push to get to know these titles better. It'll be nice to have a break and try out the new Mag Sticks on some of my favourite games now that this comp is coming to an end but I'm certainly already looking forward to the start of the next one. Thanks again to the organizers and to everybody else for playing fairly and giving the incentive to get better at a great bunch of classics!

Glad you enjoyed it, it's been great this MGL to see a fair number of new players, not only participating but getting great scores too. Especially Spartan who has entered the MGL for the first time and scored amazingly well in so many games.

Ordinarily there's about 3 months between MGL's, so you'll have plenty of time to break in the Magsticks :) I will probably run another '2 week special event' at some stage before the next MGL. It will be totally different from the Kong-Off though, the format not decided yet.

Playing fairly is a good point you made - the MGL relies on players being honest about their scores - we don't ask for INP files and other more involved methods of score verification, as this would not let PCB players, or people who have the locked down cabs, to play. So thanks to everyone for playing fairly over the course of the last 3 months, the MGL could not exist properly without it's honest gamers playing for the sheer fun of it. :D

DKong
8th September 2011, 07:37 PM
Glad you enjoyed it, it's been great this MGL to see a fair number of new players, not only participating but getting great scores too. Especially Spartan who has entered the MGL for the first time and scored amazingly well in so many games.

Ordinarily there's about 3 months between MGL's, so you'll have plenty of time to break in the Magsticks :) I will probably run another '2 week special event' at some stage before the next MGL. It will be totally different from the Kong-Off though, the format not decided yet.

Playing fairly is a good point you made - the MGL relies on players being honest about their scores - we don't ask for INP files and other more involved methods of score verification, as this would not let PCB players, or people who have the locked down cabs, to play. So thanks to everyone for playing fairly over the course of the last 3 months, the MGL could not exist properly without it's honest gamers playing for the sheer fun of it. :D

and cheers to that :)

would have to say it has been one of the best MGL's in regards to hiscores , some great players out there in the land of OZ.

I will say you have done a fantastic job on running the comp and taken it to a new level from its first inception :038::038: think I picked the right person to take over the reigns ;)

will hopefully be able to contribute a bit more in the running department when I get the life shit sorted.

thanks again jammasized

John73
8th September 2011, 09:04 PM

Can I register my vote again for a 2 week Hyper Olympics challenge? :D Gave it a go on my newly finished cab and am getting some great (9m) long jumps going :lol Also getting some good times in the 100m - nice to see a white guy win for a change :lol

Jed
8th September 2011, 10:38 PM
and cheers to that :)

would have to say it has been one of the best MGL's in regards to hiscores , some great players out there in the land of OZ.

I will say you have done a fantastic job on running the comp and taken it to a new level from its first inception :038::038: think I picked the right person to take over the reigns ;)

will hopefully be able to contribute a bit more in the running department when I get the life shit sorted.

thanks again jammasized

No problems, I reckon next MGL will be back to just one game per week, sometimes it got a bit mad trying to keep track of stuff when general life also got busy. This MGL I had heaps on in the work space so didn't get a lot of time to devote to playing, by the time the next one comes around I hope to be 4 days a week permanent with more time for fun :)

Thanks to yourself, Wingtip and Brad for helping out with score updates too, much appreciated :023:

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Can I register my vote again for a 2 week Hyper Olympics challenge? :D Gave it a go on my newly finished cab and am getting some great (9m) long jumps going :lol Also getting some good times in the 100m - nice to see a white guy win for a change :lol

Funnnily enough this is one idea I have at the moment a 'Hyper Olympiad' or maybe 'Roid Rage' - an Asteroids comp :)

Pelly
9th September 2011, 03:11 PM
Score Update...

Foot
9th September 2011, 05:06 PM
He shoots! He misses! He Dies!

Score: 57270

I liked the two game format

Brad
9th September 2011, 05:29 PM
I also much preferred the 2 game format. I don't get enough free time in one week to play and if it's a shit game I can switch to the other :D

Brad

Spartan
10th September 2011, 08:44 PM
Haven't played much of this, all gamed out from the previous 12 weeks. No exuses however, even if I had played more would have got nowhere near the current top 5.
My final effort below: 32,520

wingtipvortex
10th September 2011, 10:57 PM
Haven't played much of this, all gamed out from the previous 12 weeks. No exuses however, even if I had played more would have got nowhere near the current top 5.
My final effort below: 32,520

Get outta town Spartan, thats like half way through the second run? You can do better than that brother. Your just about to get into the addictive gameplay level. Give it a real go and you would crack 100K+ for sure:cool:

Jed
11th September 2011, 09:50 AM
Scores updated, sorry that it's been a week since last update :rolleyes

So a day left for MGL13 (sniff sniff)

John73
11th September 2011, 03:16 PM
This was my first MGL but I really liked the 2 game format. I found that most games I'd had enough of after 1 week, so I could swap to something new. Maybe I have a bit more time to play that some of the other people, but 2 weeks straight would have been torture on some of the games :D

ED_209
11th September 2011, 04:06 PM

I reckon this is about as far as I can go on this game. Should push me up one more spot at least.

I also liked the 2 game setup for this comp. There were some that I didn't really get into so it was always good to have an alternative.

Fire_Power
11th September 2011, 05:17 PM
29.570 I don't think I'm going to get much further with this.

First MGL for me, it's good to introduce you to more games and I play with more intensity because of the competition than just mucking around playing. Only downside for me is having to keep adjusting the joystick from 4 way to 8 way. I liked the two game format too.

Thanks to the scorers for updating and admin duties. Maybe to share the admin load around the person who nominates the game could manage the points table for that particular game or maybe as each person added their score they could edit the first post to sort by points score ie just insert your score and name into the appropriate position.

Jed
11th September 2011, 05:28 PM
The two game format is great for playing, I agree. It's just a bit harder to keep up with from an admin point of view...If we have enough mods willing to consistantly take care of the score updating, then i'm happy to continue with two game format for mgl14 :)

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

29.570 I don't think I'm going to get much further with this. First MGL for me, it's good to introduce you to more games and I play with more intensity because of the competition than just mucking around playing. Only downside for me is having to keep adjusting the joystick from 4 way to 8 way. I liked the two game format too. Thanks to the scorers for updating and admin duties. Maybe to share the admin load around the person who nominates the game could manage the points table for that particular game or maybe as each person added their score they could edit the first post to sort by points score ie just insert your score and name into the appropriate position.like the idea, but that would mean everyone needs moderator privileges... There's already 4+ players here who are also mods, this mgl has been the biggest yet in terms of participation, and a good learning experience if we want the mgl to keep growing, as we all surely do :)as for your 4-8 way issues, magstick plus is the droid you seek. See mr gameroom and he will sort you out.

EDIT: My last attempt, 139,360.

Seems this is my sticking point at the moment, the game before it I got 137k. Soon as your mind starts wandering this this game, you're screwed...

DKong
11th September 2011, 06:41 PM
Get outta town Spartan, thats like half way through the second run? You can do better than that brother. Your just about to get into the addictive gameplay level. Give it a real go and you would crack 100K+ for sure:cool:

And the 100,000 WTP score..........:laugh:

Pelly
11th September 2011, 06:42 PM
Didn't have much of a chance this weekend to have another crack, so my score from the other day still stands...
I really enjoyed this format for my first MGL, I think one game every two weeks would just drag on too long... Hopefully we can work something out for the next one to keep it similar to this format :)

kane
11th September 2011, 06:44 PM
Couldn't get past the tight tunnels, never got to see the base :cry

Jed
11th September 2011, 06:50 PM
Didn't have much of a chance this weekend to have another crack, so my score from the other day still stands...
I really enjoyed this format for my first MGL, I think one game every two weeks would just drag on too long... Hopefully we can work something out for the next one to keep it similar to this format :)

Yeah, we will, don't you worry ;)

PS - the older format was actually one game every week, for 12 weeks. It was turbo, but also meant sometimes it was difficult to find time to really have a good go at something. two weeks allows more time to get into each game for sure.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Couldn't get past the tight tunnels, never got to see the base :cry

So surprised Kane ! What if I rebadged it 'nintendo' would that help ? ;)

kane
11th September 2011, 06:54 PM
So surprised Kane ! What if I rebadged it 'nintendo' would that help ? ;)

To be honest I couldn't stand playing this for more than about 10 minutes at a time, it was a real 'Radar Scope' for me...

azathoth
11th September 2011, 06:56 PM

Can get a fair way into the tunnels, but too hard too stop the ship moving right at the correct height to make it into the next tunnel.
Being that the 8-way is a square shape it's hard to push left or right and not accidentally give a bit of up or down movement. ~Excuses~

Maybe need a slight notch in the 8-way guide under the sanwa joystick to keep from giving unwanted inputs?
I've got a octagon plate but stops the joystick from going into the diagonals enough to trigger the micro switches!

Loving this game, will have to keep playing to see this base that everyone is talking about.

Also loving the overlapping game format. But I did notice end dates of games being out for a few, but credit to the mods who have done a great job.

Jed
11th September 2011, 07:03 PM
Time's Up!

:jump::jump::jump:

MGL 13 is now officially over.

And the final podium places for MGL 13 are:
1. SPARTAN
2. BRAD
3. PELLY

Congratulations to Spartan for winning in his very first MGL, which is no mean feat! Spartan's uncanny consistancy no matter what the game, proved to be too hard to keep up with for pretty much all players. Well done to Brad and Pelly for fine performances also.

Player 1 - 2 - 3 Please PM me your addresses for your prizes.

Final Scramble results are:

1. Rat: 260,920 - 25
2. Jamma: 139,360 - 20
3. Brad: 118,140 - 16
4. DKong: 107,740 - 13
5. Wingtip: 99,900 - 11
6. Pelly: 78,830 - 11
7. John: 71,740 - 10
8. ED_209: 60,480 - 9
9. Foot: 57,270 - 8
10. Spartan: 32,520 -7
11. Firepower: 29,470 - 6
12. Woody: 28,100 - 5
13. Kane: 27,450 - 4

Will update the final leaderboard shortly. Thanks to everyone who played and submitted a score, the MGL is all about you! As mentioned before this was the biggest ever, and we aim to keep it as the greatest Mame comp in Australia and NZ :D

Rat
12th September 2011, 06:07 AM
Was another enjoyable MGL, thanks Jamma and WTV, and all the players. Great to see a few new players, and the 2 week split format was a really good inclusion, gave me some time to play :)

Brad
12th September 2011, 08:33 AM
I certainly enjoyed this round especially with the new format. My arcade cabs haven't had this decent a workout in a long time. Well done Spartan and the rest of you guys =)

Brad

DKong
12th September 2011, 10:34 AM
Congrats Spartan!

Thanks Jammasized and Wingtipvortex, you guys are what make it happen.

Great turnout this time round.