PDA

View Full Version : How to adjust trunk on TOM?

Darksoul
23rd April 2011, 07:46 PM
My trunk sits skew wiff as per the pic. How do I adjust it?

TIA

knight76
23rd April 2011, 07:57 PM
lift the playfield and look at the trunk and how it goes together at the base, there is a shaft going down there and you can undo a screw/s and twist it back again.

Very vague outline of what to do as I no longer have mine and had to do this once.

Darksoul
23rd April 2011, 08:09 PM
cheers

I had a quick "man look" as my wife calls it this afternoon and wasn't sure.

Will look again.

knight76
23rd April 2011, 08:12 PM
cheers

I had a quick "man look" as my wife calls it this afternoon and wasn't sure.

Will look again.

Sure thing - You should be able to work it out easily. It was a quick fix when I adjusted mine.

I think there is a collar around the shaft that can be loosened to adjust.

Scotty PlayerOne
30th April 2011, 04:44 PM
Ok heres how its done as I have just done this, go into trunk test mode, you will notice 4 opto switch positions on the DMD. Also displayed on the screen is the position the box is in, its like a small animation to the left of the opto info. Now with your hand turn the trunk so that its lined up correctly on the playfield, then go under the playfield, on the shaft of the trunk you will find the opto interuptor collar, loosen the locking screw, you will need to turn the collar slightly whilst looking at the DMD, when the switch opto for the corosponding side of the trunk is reading closed, you have it in the right position. Be sure not to overtighten the collar locking screw as you might break the plastic. I have just ordered an aluminium reproduction collar from Marco in the States to replace my broken one. About $80 delivered. Hope this helps.

Darksoul
30th April 2011, 10:30 PM
Cheers!