PDA

View Full Version : When is MGL 13 starting?

John73
19th March 2011, 10:27 PM
I should hopefully have my cabinet finished (well playable on) next weekend, or the weekend after at the latest. Can't wait to join in even though I'm sure I'll get completely thrashed, even on the games I think I'm good at :lol

Rat
21st March 2011, 10:29 AM
Usually they have about a 3 month gap between MGLs. This suits most people, keeps interest up, and let's us catch up with other jobs during the downtime. Gives you a couple of months to practice on your new cab, good luck :)

Jed
21st March 2011, 04:03 PM
At this stage I reckon, we'll start calling for nominations for MGL13 around the beginning of June. Gives you plenty of time to warm up that new cab and think about your nominations.

What do you reckon Wingtip, early June ? BTW - any advance on the prizes as yet for our worthy MGL12 winners ? :D

John73
21st March 2011, 06:57 PM
Cool :)

I've had a look at some of the scores that have been posted in some of my favorite games, and some of you really put me to shame :D

Can't wait to join in :)

wingtipvortex
21st March 2011, 07:11 PM
What do you reckon Wingtip, early June ? BTW - any advance on the prizes as yet for our worthy MGL12 winners ? :D
Prizes are in the works MGL winners. Early June sounds good to me Jamma, i will pm you soon for a quirky theme:cool:

Jed
21st March 2011, 10:02 PM
Prizes are in the works MGL winners. Early June sounds good to me Jamma, i will pm you soon for a quirky theme:cool:

Good stuff mate!

I've had a look at some of the scores that have been posted in some of my favorite games, and some of you really put me to shame :D

Can't wait to join in :)

The more the merrier... don't be afraid of not scoring big, it's all about participation and having some fun, finding out things about games, and being part of the biggest and best Mame comp in Australia and NZ. You'll find, if you become an MGL regular, your skills will go up and up, just by playing regularly :cool:

John73
22nd March 2011, 08:45 PM
Can I make an early suggestion for a game in MGL 13? I don't think I've seen it played in any of the tournaments that are still on here - Burnin' Rubber (Bump 'n Jiump)

wingtipvortex
22nd March 2011, 08:55 PM
Can I make an early suggestion for a game in MGL 13? I don't think I've seen it played in any of the tournaments that are still on here - Burnin' Rubber (Bump 'n Jiump)
Its been played brother, but id be happy to play it again...very cool game:cool:
Best to leave the nominating till MGL 13 is announced and plugged i reckon, as we may have a particular theme or direction.
When it does come time, don't be a stranger...as Jamma said, the more the merrier:D

Jed
22nd March 2011, 09:35 PM
You can always head on over to the mgl high scores page and have a crack at any of them while you're waiting :)

wingtipvortex
22nd March 2011, 10:27 PM
You can always head on over to the mgl high scores page and have a crack at any of them while you're waiting :)
Good point, i often forget about that:)

John73
23rd March 2011, 06:37 AM
:o I didn't know there was a MGL high score page, I'll go hunt it out now.

Did a search for MGL High Scores and didn't locate it :( Any hits? I've only had a 5 min look though

spaceballs
23rd March 2011, 07:08 AM
lol...look harder http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/13631-MGL-scoreboard

It's the sticky thread at the top :cool:

John73
23rd March 2011, 07:42 AM
:redface Ooops

I thought that thread was just for the winners of the MGL's. My bad :redface

Rat
13th April 2011, 01:14 AM
Can we please have a New MGL starting date "sticky" that only mods can reply to?

That way we can all subscribe to it and get an email when the new MGL starts, instead of asking and checking all the time.

Jed
14th April 2011, 11:43 PM
Can we please have a New MGL starting date "sticky" that only mods can reply to?

That way we can all subscribe to it and get an email when the new MGL starts, instead of asking and checking all the time.

Yep good idea, will sort that out shortly :)

knight76
14th April 2011, 11:48 PM
Planning on giving the next MGL some more attention as came in to the last one in the last few rounds.