PDA

View Full Version : Missing 'available' titles

dmworking247
5th January 2007, 12:38 PM
Now that I've established Mame seems to have a hard coded list of games which it looks for in the Roms directory, can anybody help explain the phenomenon of Roms that are downloaded (eg from romnation.net), placed in the Rom directory, but fail to show up? A recent example is Bubble Bobble, which I cant get Mame to find, yet Bubble Bobble 2 and Super Bubble Bobble are found in the 'available' category.

Is this something to do with non-perfect Roms or am I missing something blatantly obvious?

uprising
5th January 2007, 08:39 PM
Now that I've established Mame seems to have a hard coded list of games which it looks for in the Roms directory, can anybody help explain the phenomenon of Roms that are downloaded (eg from romnation.net), placed in the Rom directory, but fail to show up? A recent example is Bubble Bobble, which I cant get Mame to find, yet Bubble Bobble 2 and Super Bubble Bobble are found in the 'available' category.

Is this something to do with non-perfect Roms or am I missing something blatantly obvious?

It depends what version of the ROM you have and what the MAME directory is looking for because all it is is a directory of known ROMS.

My advise if you haven't already is it download the complete ROM set and then you wont have any problems with missing ROMS

Its all here

http://full.pleasuredome.org.uk/

also forget romnation cause you will be there forever