PDA

View Full Version : RTS Transport Closing Down

borgattard
6th January 2011, 12:02 PM
wanted to send an upright machine to Melbourne & emailed Rob on Tuesday for a quote. Just got back to me & said RTS is closing down. Any suggestions on who to use now????

Thanks

WOKA
6th January 2011, 12:10 PM
e-go.com.au (http://www.e-go.com.au) - Brilliant..!

I'm quoting my Mega-Tech (on a pallet - 77cm x 80cm x 195cm @ 120kg) from Brisbane to Melbourne (from my work to their Campbellfield depot) and its calculating $120.00..! Mind you its a back load rate so it is cheaper. My Marble Madness depot to depot (Melb > Bris) came in at $170.00 so its still cheap the other way too.

I recently sent my Bartop to Adelaide (Depot to Address) and it came in at about $45.00 delivered.

E-Go are an online offshoot of Hunter Express so if you need to call them, call Hunter Express. ;)

Very happy with their service and they have online tracking too. I asked and they are more than willing to freight pins and arcadies.. :)

ROLLERBALL
6th January 2011, 03:36 PM
OMG...not happy jan....

RTS have been so good...

Fish Tales
6th January 2011, 03:38 PM
Woka will they transport pins on legs, or must they be palleted?

WOKA
6th January 2011, 03:45 PM
Woka will they transport pins on legs, or must they be palleted?

Its all cubic weight, so I suppose that on a pallet would work out cheaper.

Fish Tales
6th January 2011, 03:49 PM
Its all cubic weight, so I suppose that on a pallet would work out cheaper.

yep fair enough ty

manager2168
6th January 2011, 04:02 PM
wanted to send an upright machine to Melbourne & emailed Rob on Tuesday for a quote. Just got back to me & said RTS is closing down. Any suggestions on who to use now????

Thanks

when i go back to work on monday,i will send you a guy who goes melb-syd syd-melb moves alot of stuff for ZAXS, he is a furniture removalists

fridgejam
6th January 2011, 08:21 PM
Just shipped a pin Air Road Direct door to door from Brisbane to Sydney, next day delivery for $110.

manager2168
6th January 2011, 08:24 PM
Just shipped a pin Air Road Direct door to door from Brisbane to Sydney, next day delivery for $110.

Not bad can't complain about that, was that on a pallet?

pistolpete78
6th January 2011, 08:33 PM

Awesome price!

fridgejam
6th January 2011, 09:12 PM

No pallet, but well packaged with legs off and head strapped down.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Here's the link.

http://www.airroaddirect.com.au/

If you have all the details, you can get a quote instantly online.

I should also say that I avoided the extra $35 fee at each end for a truck with a lift-gate, as the sender was able to assist with the loading, and I had a pinball trolly at my end to unload.

humble9682
7th January 2011, 10:54 AM
Not good about RTS they did a fantastic job...

hamo54
8th January 2011, 12:27 PM
I know from experience last Xmas (rescued a pin at the last hour that would have sat in warehouse for a couple of weeks) that they did close down for a couple of weeks over the Xmas break.
Maybe its the same this year. If not its a shame as they are top guys.

sleazius
8th January 2011, 12:35 PM
Whoops - don't mind me, can't read a date.