PDA

View Full Version : MGL 12 - THE DIRTY DOZEN! Nominate your games here!

Jed
14th November 2010, 04:12 PM
And so it begins... the biggest M.A.M.E. tournment in Australia is back for it's 12th season, start warming up those forearms and flexing those wrists, cause it's time for:

MGL 12 - THE DIRTY DOZEN

12 Games for 12 weeks, where gamers can soar to incredible new personal bests, gain Aussie Arcade high scores, and take home personal glory, the like many of you may not have experienced before in your pitiful short lives... It's the MGL, where heroes are made and bested, legends created, and even injuries sometimes sustained... all in the quest to be the MGL Grand Champion.

Nominations are now being taken for MGL 12, and will run for two weeks. Each player can nominate up to 5 games. Each game may only be nominated once, I will create and update an ongoing list within this post, so it may be checked before you nominate.

For MGL12, and in the interests of variety, Wingtip and I stroked our beards and made an executive decision that games played in MGL's within the last year can't be nominated for this MGL. (ie MGL 9-11) This is the no-fly-zone list, and you can view it here. (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/37722-MGL-12-THE-DIRTY-DOZEN%21-No-fly-Zone)

We're looking to kickoff MGL 12 by Sunday, November 28th at 7pm, if we have enough nominations to get going. Rules and format, scoring system will be exactly the same. (IE MotoGP scoring system, no midweek points.) Anyone new the the MGL, you can find stickys with the rules and how it's run in this Forum, or have a look through previous MGL's to cop a feel.

Any questions or suggestions please feel free to post.

CURRENT NOMINATIONS LIST (71 games)

10 Yard Fight
99 the last war
Berzerk
Black Tiger
Boogie Wings
Bosconian
blood brothers
Carnival
Commando
Crazy Balloon
Crush Roller
dig dug
Dig Dug 2
dodonpachi
Dondokodon
Donkey Kong 3
Elevator Action
Espial
Flicky
Fly Boy
Flying Shark
Frenzy
Frogger
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Gradius III
Green Beret
Hyper Olympics
I,Robot
Jump Bug
Jungle King
Klax
Kung-Fu Master
Lode Runner
Lunar Rescue
Mario Bros
Marvins Maze
Matmania
Metal Slug 4
Metal Slug X
Mighty Pang
Moon Patrol
Ms Pacman
Nemesis
Neo Geo Turf Masters
Omega Race
Pacland
Pengo
Progear
Puckman
Qbert
Qix
Raiden
Rygar
Section Z
Sky Kid Deluxe
Space Chaser
Space Firebird
Space Invaders '95
Star Force
Stargate
Starjacker
Stratovox
Super Basketball
Tapper
Tetris (Atari)
Time Pilot
Track and Field
Uniwars
Valtric
Wonderboy

DKong
14th November 2010, 05:07 PM
Nice work guys:), I'll kick off some noms

DoDonPachi
Puckman
Gradius III
Star Force
Commando

Jed
14th November 2010, 05:52 PM
My 5:

10 Yard Fight
Berzerk
Track and Field
Elevator Action
Kung-Fu Master

henrybulldog
14th November 2010, 06:20 PM
99 the last war
mk(sorry but bugger you all)
blood brothers
dig dug

just a few passing comments as is my want. allowing only a game to be nominated once will cause people to list their 3rd and 4th string games that no one will really want to play. moto gp/ no mid week points is solid. maybe wait till the monday the 29th to allow people to recover from the meet. am i the only one who thinks 10 yard fight is puss??? i must be playing it wrong. heres a crazy idea for mgl xiii, state of origin. teams of min two up to four. average score throughout/ambrose/mulligan/other, just putting it out there.

Jed
14th November 2010, 06:57 PM
just a few passing comments as is my want. allowing only a game to be nominated once will cause people to list their 3rd and 4th string games that no one will really want to play. moto gp/ no mid week points is solid. maybe wait till the monday the 29th to allow people to recover from the meet. am i the only one who thinks 10 yard fight is puss??? i must be playing it wrong. heres a crazy idea for mgl xiii, state of origin. teams of min two up to four. average score throughout/ambrose/mulligan/other, just putting it out there.

One interesting point about not liking a game - if there's any game that players don't think should be included for selection in the MGL cause it doesn't suit the format, either due to control method (eg spinner games/dual joystick games, or simply that it's a fighting game so naturally it just sucks ie MORTAL KOMBAT :lol) happy to put it to the vote near the end of the nominations for dragging or staying :D

DKong
14th November 2010, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=henrybulldog;469778heres a crazy idea for mgl xiii, state of origin. teams of min two up to four. average score throughout/ambrose/mulligan/other, just putting it out there.[/QUOTE]

Put this out there MGL's ago with no response so go fwith the current format bulldog and snag a trophy :)

tried to get a state of origin happining

spl
15th November 2010, 12:45 PM
Ms Pac Man
Raiden
Don Doko Don
Pengo
Progear

Just some picked at random browsing quickly thru MAME list.

Nice nom by DKong for dodonpachi.. I hope that gets selected. :P

kane
15th November 2010, 01:36 PM
I'll just regurgitate some of my old noms since they never got selected.

:078: Donkey Kong 3 (dkong3)
:078: Mario Bros. (mario)
:078: Nemesis (nemesis)
:078: Qix (qix)
:078: Frenzy (frenzy)

Jed
15th November 2010, 02:43 PM
Put this out there MGL's ago with no response so go fwith the current format bulldog and snag a trophy :)

tried to get a state of origin happining

Henry and Dkong I like the state of Origin format idea, maybe a mini-comp after this one with State of Origin ? Only thing is it might be hard to get an even numbers of players-per-state is all. And Tassie would most likely kick everyones arse, Ramere, Dkong, Rat, Wingtipvortex!

wingtipvortex
15th November 2010, 02:53 PM
And Tassie would most likely kick everyones arse, Ramere, Dkong, Rat, Wingtipvortex!
The brat pack:laugh:

Foot
15th November 2010, 03:11 PM
Bosconian
Omega Race
Crush Roller
Dig Dug 2
Marvins Maze

:D

henrybulldog
15th November 2010, 07:06 PM
those mongaloids need to win something.

Rat
15th November 2010, 08:16 PM
DKong you know Ramere can play Exciting Hour till it becomes boring hours?

I agree with getting rid of unpopular noms idea...how about this method, we all get five noms, and one UNnom.

When the list is final we get to use our UNnom, if a game gets UNnommed twice its out. (is nommed double mm?)

That way if we get 15 players that's 75 noms out of which 12 will be picked, at most we would weed out the 7 least wanted games.

I know this is more work for the Mods, but f%$k em eh? umm I mean they love it :)

DKong
15th November 2010, 08:37 PM
DKong you know Ramere can play Exciting Hour till it becomes boring hours?

I agree with getting rid of unpopular noms idea...how about this method, we all get five noms, and one UNnom.

When the list is final we get to use our UNnom, if a game gets UNnommed twice its out. (is nommed double mm?)

That way if we get 15 players that's 75 noms out of which 12 will be picked, at most we would weed out the 7 least wanted games.

I know this is more work for the Mods, but f%$k em eh? umm I mean they love it :)

Sounds good to me, forgot about Ramere and Exciting Hour , will have to change that nom:D

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

One interesting point about not liking a game - if there's any game that players don't think should be included for selection in the MGL cause it doesn't suit the format, either due to control method (eg spinner games/dual joystick games, or simply that it's a fighting game so naturally it just sucks ie MORTAL KOMBAT :lol) happy to put it to the vote near the end of the nominations for dragging or staying :D

Do you actually get a score in MK. I say no

henrybulldog
15th November 2010, 08:47 PM
of course you get a score in mk. based on time, injury, fatalities, flawless victories, bonus chop suey round. unnom is a capital suggestion. these new fellas just cant cruise on dkongs coat tails they need to establish their own legacy. one last time dkong spazzy in tazzy any prospective dates big boy??

Jed
15th November 2010, 09:22 PM

5 noms and 1 un-nom, I like this idea Rat, let's do it :)

The reason I want to make games from Sunday-Sunday, instead of Monday-Monday as they have been in the past, is Sunday-Sunday gives (most) players more time on that final day to go for the gold - all day up to 7pm Sunday eve. So the start day/date aint gonna change to suit a one-off meet, as was asked about earlier in the thread.

Also you can change your noms at any time but post a new message with your update rather than edit previous so I can track.

SectionZ
15th November 2010, 09:30 PM
Noms:

Rygar (set 1) - the Good
SectionZ - the Bad
Pacland (set 1) - & the Ugly

Good luck guy's, Game on :D

DKong
16th November 2010, 06:28 AM
one last time dkong spazzy in tazzy any prospective dates big boy??

You will be the first to know, have big property sorting issues atm, once that is sorted it will be on!

Jed
18th November 2010, 12:32 PM
Still waiting on some long-time MGL stalwarts nominations, Rat, Ramere, and of course my co-pilot for the comp, Wingtipvortex! Not to mention Monojoker, Taverner, step right up :)

Anyone else I miss , from MGL regulars of recent times

wingtipvortex
18th November 2010, 01:42 PM
Where is Retrogamer????
1. Donkey Kong2 Jumpman Returns ( is it ok to nom this one? ):unsure
2. Stratovox:D
3. Jungle King:o
4. Moon Patrol:p
5. Space chaser:)

Taverner
18th November 2010, 06:21 PM
I like the 5 nom and 1 unnominate idea but I still hope people think a little before canning a game, fair enough if you just out right hate it or dont think it will work for the mgl but at the same time a bit of variety is nice. I suck at (and for the most part dont really enjoy) maze games but I'll play em and have even found a few I do like via the mgl so the occasional post 1990 game or even a fighter :o shouldnt kill the comp.

Also like the sunday start/finish but any chance of moving it as late as is convienient for you guys? Seeing as day light savings got canned over here till 2500 AD or something, 7pm AEST is only 4pm here and with kids I dont really get to play till the evening. i know it all works out as the same time but it makes it harder for any last minute improvements.

Just my 2 cents :D

Rat
18th November 2010, 07:44 PM
Could someone PM those that have not nommed yet? I have missed the start before, not everyone keeps an eye on the MGL section waiting. Has MGL12 been advertised on other sections of the forum? and that other forum? and anywhere else.

How's this for another idea, each time an MGL finishes a mod starts a thread for the next one and everyone can subscribe to that with instant email notification. Then when it's ready to start a mod can do a post and everyone knows straight away.

Good points Taverner, and also people don't necessarily have to use their UNnom, the 2 Unnoms to get rid of a game should only eliminate really unpopular games.

Personally I think Donkey Kong2 Jumpman Returns should be included. It's new but is supported in mame, enough people here have the roms and can run it, so should be able to help others get it running.

There have been some great noms so far, and a couple of crap ones, a few that I was going to nom have been listed already which is great but it makes it hard for me to pick.

Rat's noms, a few that I picked before and didn't get up, and a couple of new ones.

1. Valtric (valtric) vertical shooter with a difference, innovative power ups and specials, ahead of it's time. I played this a couple of times in the arcades, but it was quite rare to see. I really enjoy this game, the difficulty curve is fair, but just a bit too steep for me, I wish I could progress further. Looking forward to seeing if anyone is an expert, and also to see what people who have never seen it think.

2. Mighty! Pang (mpang) A great sequel to the ground breaking and very addictive Pang.

3. Space Invaders '95 (spcinv95)

4. UniWars S (uniwars)

5. Flying Shark (World) (fshark)

Game on :)

wingtipvortex
18th November 2010, 07:58 PM
There will be a BIG lead up to the start of the comp Rat, I will make sure of it:cool: But your point is valid, i will personally PM people about the comp so we know that players are informed of when it officially starts, and also about noms:)

The Pinny Parlour
18th November 2010, 08:45 PM
Crazy Balloon
Carnival
Jump Bug
Space Firebird

Jed
19th November 2010, 07:07 AM
I like the 5 nom and 1 unnominate idea but I still hope people think a little before canning a game, fair enough if you just out right hate it or dont think it will work for the mgl but at the same time a bit of variety is nice. I suck at (and for the most part dont really enjoy) maze games but I'll play em and have even found a few I do like via the mgl so the occasional post 1990 game or even a fighter :o shouldnt kill the comp.

Also like the sunday start/finish but any chance of moving it as late as is convienient for you guys? Seeing as day light savings got canned over here till 2500 AD or something, 7pm AEST is only 4pm here and with kids I dont really get to play till the evening. i know it all works out as the same time but it makes it harder for any last minute improvements.

Just my 2 cents :D

I agree on the un-nomination thoughts... I reckon maybe a game should need to get 3+ un-noms before being dragged, that would assure only the real stinkers get voted off, and I dont see any real stinkers in the list. What do players reckon ? I kind of like the fact at the moment, half the list I've never played before, this fits well with the Dirty Dozen feel :)

After thinking about it - I reckon playing a fighter may be interesting in MGL format. It's an area of the MGL that could do with experimentation, at least ? Long as it is a score-based fighter, don't see why we shouldn't play them :) I can only see MGL history from 8-11 so I can't tell if one's been played before, any MGL Veterans know ?

Regarding start / finish time, best we can hope for is to cater to the majority of players - Can't you just put the small ones in a Box for an hour or so on a Sunday, I know I do :)

Nomination list updated in first post.

Taverner
19th November 2010, 07:53 AM
Regarding start / finish time, best we can hope for is to cater to the majority of players - Can't you just put the small ones in a Box for an hour or so on a Sunday, I know I do :)

Yours get out of the box :o That's cool Jamma in the end I'll get the same 168 hours as everyone else but with Saturdays tending to be busy with friends I can see Fridays being a big MGL night :).

wingtipvortex
19th November 2010, 03:38 PM
Im thinking fighting games like Mortal Kombat have been excluded in the past because of control difficulties:unsure That being some people don't have enough buttons on their cab, or use a keyboard. But as Dk posted in another thread, there are CPs out there for very small dollars now.

DKong
19th November 2010, 04:49 PM
1. Donkey Kong2 Jumpman Returns ( is it ok to nom this one? ):unsure

I think this was only included in the latest MAME releases and a lot of people have cabs set up with older versions of MAME ( would mean reinstalling MAME to a newer version, which I understand don't have Highscore support, or they may have multi boards), unless we determine what version it was included and it can be utilised by the majority I would suggest maybe not :unsure

henrybulldog
19th November 2010, 06:38 PM
im only playing whats on my cab. i wont be unominating any games even 10 yard fight. i expect to come last. we need emohawk on this to show those that have the capability to live stream their sessions.

Budda
19th November 2010, 06:43 PM
Its been a long time between posts. 10632 to be exact, but I'm still on probabation. haven't been put back in the BIG HOUSE yet.

I'm on probation. :066:

Foot
19th November 2010, 06:49 PM
Is that a game Buddah? Probe-ass-tion??

henrybulldog
19th November 2010, 06:58 PM
cliffnotes on the in-joke that is this character buddah. why resurface in the mgl of all places?

Budda
19th November 2010, 07:00 PM
cliffnotes on the in-joke that is this character buddah. why resurface in the mgl of all places?

Because this was the latest unlast read post thread hobbit boy.

Ramere
19th November 2010, 07:21 PM
G'day all, looking forward to another MGL, hopefully I will remeber to post a score in ALL games this time around :D

Matmania/Exciting Hour
Green Beret
Lode Runner (Set 1)
Super Basketball
Ghosts'n Goblins

wingtipvortex
19th November 2010, 07:49 PM
Its been a long time between posts. 10632 to be exact, but I'm still on probabation. haven't been put back in the BIG HOUSE yet.

I'm on probation. :066:
Don't mind you posting in the MGL thread mate, but maybe post some noms and play some games when it starts:) Glad your not back in the Big House:cool:

DKong
19th November 2010, 09:02 PM
Because this was the latest unlast read post thread hobbit boy.

This is the nominate your game thread for the MGL, and as you have an interest I think you should nominate your 5 games.

The thread must of tickled your fancy as you read it , so now either shove in or shove out :p

Jed
20th November 2010, 12:39 PM
G'day all, looking forward to another MGL, hopefully I will remeber to post a score in ALL games this time around :D

Matmania/Exciting Hour
Green Beret
Lode Runner (Set 1)
Super Basketball
Ghosts'n Goblins

Welcome back Ramere, how's the last video game injury holding up! :) Hope you're fit and well for MGL12!

Im thinking fighting games like Mortal Kombat have been excluded in the past because of control difficulties:unsure That being some people don't have enough buttons on their cab, or use a keyboard. But as Dk posted in another thread, there are CPs out there for very small dollars now.

A good point about the control difficulties that 6-button fighting games have. I guess this is where the un-nominations come in, people who might have troubles playing a specific game can give it the arse-vote.

I think this was only included in the latest MAME releases and a lot of people have cabs set up with older versions of MAME ( would mean reinstalling MAME to a newer version, which I understand don't have Highscore support, or they may have multi boards), unless we determine what version it was included and it can be utilised by the majority I would suggest maybe not :unsure

Wingtip can you investigate this one being your nom ? I fall into the category of having older versions of Mame on my cab (more compatibility with the older roms) and the same is possibly true of other cab owners in the MGL ?

Taverner
21st November 2010, 04:59 PM
Boogie Wings
Frogger
I,Robot
Metal slug X
Stargate

DKong
21st November 2010, 05:12 PM
Looks like we have around 11 so far ( 12 counting Pinny Parlour if he plays this time :rolleyes) surely must be a few more out there with MAME setups who want to join in the festivities :) Only one week to go!!!

Jed
22nd November 2010, 07:28 PM
56 Nominations and counting!

If anyone wants to un-nominate any game from the list we have already, then start speaking up now - let's get a bit of healthy debate going about it.

Rat
22nd November 2010, 08:16 PM
I can't post my unnom till Wednesday or Thursday, when I get home and have a game or two to decide.

Jed
22nd November 2010, 08:48 PM
I can't post my unnom till Wednesday or Thursday, when I get home and have a game or two to decide.

No worries Rat, I thought I'd put the call out now, give players this week to ponder. I'm not expecting many games to be un-nominated. I reckon this could be a really interesting MGL, there's a lot of very different games in this list, I'm looking forward to sampling them :)

Nominations will still run all this week till about Friday or Saturday.

Just a note about nominations, a new rule in this comp: Any new player who hasn't nominated a game, but joins in the tournament/submits a score, then earns the right to nominate and have their choice of games added to the list - so the final list isn't set in stone, it can be updated as we go along if we get new players coming along.

Wingtip has been organising a banner and it's looking realy cool so far, the unveiling will be very soon :)

Foot
23rd November 2010, 07:06 AM
56 Nominations and counting!

If anyone wants to un-nominate any game from the list we have already, then start speaking up now - let's get a bit of healthy debate going about it.

Tough choice, narrowed it down to 10 Yard Fight or Space Chaser.

They both drive me nuts and I suck equally at them.

I'll unnom 10 Yard Fight and hope the other one doesn't come up

DKong
23rd November 2010, 07:24 AM
I have added Gradius III to my noms.

Brad
23rd November 2010, 07:26 AM
I'm not going to nominate as I like almost all the games there.....unless you want me to but I will unnominate Mortal Kombat.

Brad

spl
23rd November 2010, 08:25 AM
DKong:

the most frustrating arcade game in MAME possibly?? :P

Jed
23rd November 2010, 02:08 PM
I'm not going to nominate as I like almost all the games there.....unless you want me to but I will unnominate Mortal Kombat.

Brad

I reckon you should nominate first, before you get to un-nominate! :)

Foot - you broke my heart with that 10 yard fight un-nomination :cry:laugh:

Just FYI to all players it's not compulsory to un-nominate anything, you don't haveta if you don't wanna.

henrybulldog
23rd November 2010, 02:10 PM
nominate or walk on by sir and get your hands of mortal kombat. i might be forced to declare a fatwah and nominate all the nba jams if im backed into a corner.

spl
23rd November 2010, 04:26 PM
When do un-noms start?? My un-nom = Gradius 3 :P just kiddding haha

Brad
24th November 2010, 10:46 AM
Be it on your heads then ;)

Nominations

10 Yard Fight
Dig Dug
Crush Roller
Moon Patrol
Pengo

Unnomination

Mortal Kombat - :p to Henry

Jed
24th November 2010, 02:54 PM
Be it on your heads then ;)

Nominations

10 Yard Fight
Dig Dug
Crush Roller
Moon Patrol
Pengo

Unnomination

Mortal Kombat - :p to Henry

Cheers Brad, all those except Pengo are already nominated, games can only be nominated once. Got another 4 ?

kane
24th November 2010, 03:27 PM
Cheers Brad, all those except Pengo are already nominated, games can only be nominated once. Got another 4 ?

spl nomed Pengo on page one. 0/5 nomination fail...

Jed
24th November 2010, 03:32 PM
:rolleyes

andykmv
24th November 2010, 05:27 PM
i havent played in an mgl before, so i would like to join in!

my nomination is: Lunar Rescue!
runs on space invaders hardware and requires some skill to navigate an asteroid belt in two directions AND to dock into the space ship to rescue the poor sods on lunar rocks

now i have to get my mame machine working again. :)

Brad
24th November 2010, 05:40 PM
Geez I thought we were voting/nominating. Now I have to scratch up some other classics ;P

Pengo
Galaxians
Espial
Starjacker
Ms Pacman

Brad

Jed
24th November 2010, 07:27 PM
i havent played in an mgl before, so i would like to join in!

my nomination is: Lunar Rescue!

Welcome to the MGL! Sure you only want to nominate one game, you get 5 nominations.

Geez I thought we were voting/nominating. Now I have to scratch up some other classics ;P

Pengo
Galaxians
Espial
Starjacker
Ms Pacman

Brad

Getting there, 2/5 this time Brad :) As Kane had spotted (and I missed :redface) Pengo is already nominated. So is Ms Pacman. And Galaxian is in the no-fly-zone list, ie it has been played in an MGL in the last year and can't be nominated again

So, 3 more for you.

Foot
24th November 2010, 07:32 PM
Why does it matter if people nominate games or not? if they are happy with other peoples choices then what's the problem?

PS If Brad has to pick 2 games then he told me to pick Flicky and Fly Boy for him :bunny:

Jed
24th November 2010, 07:36 PM
Why does it matter if people nominate games or not? if they are happy with other peoples choices then what's the problem?

PS If Brad has to pick 2 games then he told me to pick Flicky and Fly Boy for him :bunny:

Flicky is awesome, great choice :)

There's no problem, foot! If they are happy with other people's choices then there's no need to nominate at all and just play, that's easy. The more games we have in the pool though, the better, far as I can see :)

henrybulldog
24th November 2010, 09:34 PM
i feel in true world series cricket style ill be forced to start my own mk mgl.

Rat
24th November 2010, 11:35 PM

andykmv
25th November 2010, 03:39 AM
Welcome to the MGL! Sure you only want to nominate one game, you get 5 nominations. ...

ok then add time pilot & qbert - the others i woulda picked have already been nominated incl Qix, stargate !

so if you have a dedicated cab or multi board version of the nominated game, can that score be posted instead of the mame version ?

EDIT: ok answered my own question after reading the FAQs and RULES.
might be an interesting mod to rules to pit a mame game player against dedicated version/multiboard players too!

Jed
25th November 2010, 06:19 AM
Ok here's the new Banner Frank_fjs has done for the League - pretty cool eh ? :)

http://i53.tinypic.com/whl0ns.jpg

Good on ya Frank, nice work!

Dkong - how can we get this up on AA as one of the 'rotating' banners but also as the header for the MGL Banner ?

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

i feel in true world series cricket style ill be forced to start my own mk mgl.

Sounds like a plan, you can play in your pyjamas too in true WSC style. Give Kezza a buzz

All new nominations updated, 62 games now, and looking real good, I'm happy to see Qbert in there and Time Pilot, Nice one Andykmv!

Jed
25th November 2010, 09:31 AM
Un-nominations so far:

1x Mortal Kombat (Brad)
2x 10 Yard Fight (Foot,Rat)

Games need at least three un-nominations before they lose their spot, given how many players we have.

If anyone wants to un-nominate anything else post soon, noms + un-noms both close this Saturday.

:cool: First Game of MGL 12 will kick off this Sunday 7PM :cool:

Rat
26th November 2010, 01:16 AM
un-nom 10 yard f%$k up ;)

Brad
26th November 2010, 07:35 AM
Damn you lot. I love 10 Yard Fight! :cry

Brad

Jed
26th November 2010, 08:46 AM
Damn you lot. I love 10 Yard Fight! :cry

Brad

Me too, it's a classic in my book. These guys just don't know (want to) know how to play it :p

****s sake, 3 edits cause I can't type for crap, anyone know a retailer for a keyboard made for @$#%# sausage fingers ?

Brad
26th November 2010, 08:53 AM
Yep used to play many a game on a cocktail cab at the local tennis club as a kid. It's not hard to play and bears little resemblance to the real game. It's one of my Top 20 in the cab at home.

Brad

Jed
26th November 2010, 10:26 AM
Yep used to play many a game on a cocktail cab at the local tennis club as a kid. It's not hard to play and bears little resemblance to the real game. It's one of my Top 20 in the cab at home.

Brad

Brad I used to see it mainly as a cocktail as well, what I like about it is the strategy and the fast thinking you need to do first looking at the setup of the defence, then the risks you take or not, and trying to get through all the teams, which I never was able to, i'm still trying though.

There's a two player version of the game as well, makes it quite different, I have it on my 2-P upright cab and it's a blast to play with a mate :D

Anyone who wants to nominate, change their noms, or un-nominate, today (SATURDAY) is your last day!

TIGER8855
27th November 2010, 01:37 PM
Sounds great! Count me in.

My noms are:
Wonderboy
Neo Geo Turf Masters
Hyper Olympics
Metal Slug 4

DKong
27th November 2010, 03:57 PM

My noms are:
Wonderboy
Neo Geo Turf Masters
Hyper Olympics
Metal Slug 4

Welcome to the MGL :), is Neo turf Masters a trackball game :unsure, might be limiting players if it is.

SectionZ
27th November 2010, 04:42 PM
Hey all, looking forward to the MGL:

I'd have to vote NO to MK or SF type fighting games, for starters MK needs a powerful mame setup. Don't have a problem with trying a fighting game but for the MGL I would suggest:

King of boxer / Ring King
Exciting Hour / Mat Mania

Don't get me wrong I'll be happy to dust of my MK board & have a few games, I just don't think it suits all setups.

Just thought of my 4th NOM ' Sky Kid Deluxe' :D

I'll update my Noms post soon, thanks Jamma.

SZ.

DKong
27th November 2010, 05:14 PM
Hey all, looking forward to the MGL:

I'd have to vote NO to MK or SF type fighting games, for starters MK needs a powerful mame setup. Don't have a problem with trying a fighting game but for the MGL I would suggest:

King of boxer / Ring King
Exciting Hour / Mat Mania

Don't get me wrong I'll be happy to dust of my MK board & have a few games, I just don't think it suits all setups.

Just thought of my 4th NOM ' Sky Kid Deluxe' :D

I'll update my Noms post soon, thanks Jamma.

SZ.

Was thinking the same about MK, have the original cab, just have to swap the JPAC to the MK board and swap the control panels over to the stored original, just a molex plug .
But what a hassle :lol

There are so many great games that are on the simple control layout so can't really see why these games should be accepted atm,

So I will un nom MK as well and Mat mania, just in case you missed it :)

Jatz
27th November 2010, 05:15 PM
I may as well give it a whirl :D
Noms:
Tetris (whatever versions going, not sure what everyone/anyone prefers)
Street Fighter Alpha 2/Zero 2 (If you're all fine with some SF action :cool: )

Only 2 noms from me :)

DKong
27th November 2010, 05:21 PM
I may as well give it a whirl :D
Noms:
Tetris (whatever versions going, not sure what everyone/anyone prefers)
Street Fighter Alpha 2/Zero 2 (If you're all fine with some SF action :cool: )

Only 2 noms from me :)

Mate you should try something like black tiger or rygar good blend of the above games, or
if you really are nominating Tetris how about KLAX, give it a whirl;)

TIGER8855
27th November 2010, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the MGL :), is Neo turf Masters a trackball game :unsure, might be limiting players if it is.

No not a trackball game. Has a power meter and you hit button 1 to set the power and aim.

Jed
27th November 2010, 05:42 PM

My noms are:
Wonderboy
Neo Geo Turf Masters
Hyper Olympics
Metal Slug 4

Welcome to the MGL!

Tiger 1943 has already been nominated, you can choose another if you like, or just leave as is.

Is Neo Geo Turf Masters Score based ? Can you confirm please, only score based games can be played in the MGL. I used to play those on the upright cabs, always loved video game golf :D but these days it's just Tiger Woods on the Wii :cool:

So looks like MK gets the arse, sorry henry, that's 3x un-noms.
10 yard fight has 2x un-nom (frak you guys :lol)
Matmania has 1x un-nom

Jatz can you nominate a specific Tetris game ? It's your nomination, so it's up to you to narrow it down to what you want.

Thanks, I can feel the tendons in my forearm twitching in anticipation of tomorrow's kickoff :D

Jatz
27th November 2010, 06:26 PM
Mate you should try something like black tiger or rygar good blend of the above games, or
if you really are nominating Tetris how about KLAX, give it a whirl;)

I've played Rygar on NES not long ago and just couldnt get into it, tad hard from what I remember :redface
Black Tiger and KLAX look good. I guess ill add those two to my noms then :D

Regarding Tetris, Ill nominate the Atari version of tetris. Looks fairly good :cool:

So,
Atari Tetris
KLAX
Black Tiger
SF Alpha 2

Cheers

Jed
27th November 2010, 07:55 PM
I've played Rygar on NES not long ago and just couldnt get into it, tad hard from what I remember :redface
Black Tiger and KLAX look good. I guess ill add those two to my noms then :D

Regarding Tetris, Ill nominate the Atari version of tetris. Looks fairly good :cool:

So,
Atari Tetris
KLAX
Black Tiger
SF Alpha 2

Cheers

Thanks for that, noms added, well except....

SF Alpha 2 I dunno about.... we're back to the same old issue (ie 6-button game) that puts players off Mortal Kombat :unsure

Show of hands players - in or out for SF Alpha 2 ?

So that makes 70 nominations so far, thanks to everyone who nominated games to play, and if I've missed anyone's noms let me know.

SectionZ
27th November 2010, 08:17 PM
Final 2 Noms

Hey Jamma, my other 3 are in the list, please also add:

Skykid Deluxe
Tapper

Nice looking Game list for this MGL :cool:

SZ

Jed
28th November 2010, 12:20 PM
Done and dusted for noms and un-noms for MGL 12, kickoff in a few hours :D

baz
27th February 2011, 09:09 PM
may i vote for space chaser ?

i really want to see if anyone can beat my high score lol

Jed
28th February 2011, 10:07 AM
may i vote for space chaser ?

i really want to see if anyone can beat my high score lol

Well, it's already nominated, and we're in Game 12/12 of MGL12.... you're about 3 months too late for this MGL ;) Feel free to nominate it for MGL 13 which will kick off probably around May/June.