PDA

View Full Version : Black Tiger

DKong
20th December 2006, 10:42 PM
OK I am not good at this game but want some comp to get me inspired....give me some Zenny coins baby....

Highscores
1.............Shock'nAwe..............845,000
2.............DKong......................63,800

Poopsy
21st December 2006, 05:17 AM
Test

Foot
21st December 2006, 04:55 PM
"I'll swap you this bootleg for that hat"

Shock_And_Awe
22nd December 2006, 05:57 AM
since the recent thread on Black Tiger I thought I'd give it a go. I could finish it on one credit a year ago not long after a just got mame. First game got to level 3, second game level 5 and the third game level 8 the final stage (all games days apart).
My high score from previos efforts was 830k or so. I will get to it tonight because I gotta finish this game again!

Hey DKong - I've been thinking about some Rastan and might get on that too:D

graf
22nd December 2006, 06:49 AM
dude how long does it take before u can collect enogh $$ to get the best amour and weapon ?
What level should I buy the stuff ?

GameDude
22nd December 2006, 04:11 PM
Hey does anyone want to sell a black tiger? if so PM me

Shock_And_Awe
22nd December 2006, 07:17 PM
dude how long does it take before u can collect enogh $$ to get the best amour and weapon ?
What level should I buy the stuff ?

ok well I can say that you can't progress very far without upgrading your weaponry. If you spend your zenny on armour, it takes too long to be able to afford the good shit weapon-wise. All I can say is save your zenny and better your skills so you don't need to buy armour. That is the first challenge. * There is hidden armour around on the stages too!!
On the first stage all I buy is a potion so I don't get sick if I tread on one of those plant things (it really shouldn't happen to me anymore but it does!). Second stage I buy the second weapon option and skip the first (waste of money). Before the end of the 4th stage I make sure I've got the next weapon and then usually by the end of level 6 or beginning of 7 I've got the best weapon of all. If you don't upgrade your weapons to what I said at those points, the game is too difficult with a shit weapon. The game finishes at the end of 8.
As the games goes on maybe around level 6 I have to start buying a few keys and that's about it. I do buy armour occasionally if desparate but only the cheapest. On level 7 and 8 there's nothing else to spend money on so you just keep buying the best armour.
Hope some of that makes sense and helps you:) Keep at it - it's a great game!!!

graf
25th December 2006, 07:57 AM
thanks dude

DKong
27th December 2006, 06:14 PM
Played a few games tonight...them bat's kept getting me early, bloody boulder and that plant that pops up..made some improvement today on my sub 20,000 ..63,800 best score I have ever done on this one..I like the game hard to power up and remembering where things are plus you are looking above, below all the time for falling/risiing stuff...
Mt pet hate is the way you leave a blue image after you shoot a wall, looks like a falling blue blob and I panic and jump...( and jumping UP to the right or left is a wee different to most platform games press straight up then left or right when your in the air do you guys find this with this game
Going to get over 100,000 for starters then take on that allmighty Shock'n'Awe score!

Shock_And_Awe
29th December 2006, 07:46 PM
my skills have returned:) I have no idea why because I've had a few tonight but anyway my highscore on pcb was 825k and 810k on mame (same diff) but just got my all-time hs with 845k. I was hoping to finish on first man but I died twice so third man. I finished with 25k zenny or so but unfortunately there's no bonus for left over zenny. A very rewarding game...get to it boys!!

Potato King
2nd January 2007, 09:33 PM
my skills have returned:) I have no idea why because I've had a few tonight but anyway my highscore on pcb was 825k and 810k on mame (same diff) but just got my all-time hs with 845k. I was hoping to finish on first man but I died twice so third man. I finished with 25k zenny or so but unfortunately there's no bonus for left over zenny. A very rewarding game...get to it boys!!

Fuk Me!!! :o A one armed Sudanese lint farmer could hammer my arse at this.

Im too embarrassed to post my score.:(

ZXR
3rd January 2007, 06:47 AM
Does everyone know all of the secret walls to shoot out for the bonuses? I know the ones on the first level

-turn left at the start and shoot the wall till you see the first bonus
-shoot out the wall behind the shop guy but don't touch him, then jump onto the climbing thing on the right of him, then jump back so you land in the shot out area behind him then shoot again for the elephant. Can be tricky to get right.
-turn left when in the bonus area with the skeletons and shoot the wall for another bonus.

I'll keep posting new ones as I find them. :)

Love this game!!

-ZXR

Shock_And_Awe
3rd January 2007, 08:43 PM
-shoot out the wall behind the shop guy but don't touch him, then jump onto the climbing thing on the right of him, then jump back so you land in the shot out area behind him then shoot again for the elephant. Can be tricky to get right.
-ZXR

It's actually very easy because you can just shoot the wall after you visit the guy so there's no need to jump over him.
There's also an extra man on the second stage. You just travel right until you can't go any further and there's one of those guys. After you visit him, jump on the pole above and shoot the wall and you'll see a capcom symbol - extra man! I know of 3 extra men throughout the game. I still don't know what those elephant, octopus etc symbols you find in the walls do - any ideas?

DKong
3rd January 2007, 09:24 PM
It's actually very easy because you can just shoot the wall after you visit the guy so there's no need to jump over him.
There's also an extra man on the second stage. You just travel right until you can't go any further and there's one of those guys. After you visit him, jump on the pole above and shoot the wall and you'll see a capcom symbol - extra man! I know of 3 extra men throughout the game. I still don't know what those elephant, octopus etc symbols you find in the walls do - any ideas?

I always knew about shooting walls from the old school days ;) but didn't know about the extra man?
I think its all about points but some of the hidden bonus's give you Zeny ( tell me if I am wrong )

Great game

Wii should release virtual arcade and then some of these fine makers of classic games can get some rewards!

Potato King
3rd January 2007, 10:23 PM
I keep getting caned with bouncing lump-o-shite rocks.... whenever I get a little further its the rocks that get me............... f#%$ing rocks:cry

I think those elephant, octopus symbols are just to take your mind off the fact your getting smacked with random rocks.

Mint game thou......

mouser
29th April 2008, 07:50 AM
This might help :

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/583849/28580

I love Black Tiger. Played it when it first came out here in Oz and has been one of my favourites ever since.