PDA

View Full Version : Capcom/Romstar 1942

Woody
8th November 2010, 03:21 PM
Hey all, at some stage in the not too distant future, I intend on embarking on a 1942 build. Always a favorite of mine, sunk many coins into the one at Grundys on the Gold Coast as a kid :D

Anyway, I can't seem to find much in the way of artwork for this classic game. Does anyone have any? At this stage all pieces are needed ;)

Thanks guys,

andykmv
10th November 2010, 10:37 AM
Hey all, at some stage in the not too distant future, I intend on embarking on a 1942 build. Always a favorite of mine, sunk many coins into the one at Grundys on the Gold Coast as a kid :D

Anyway, I can't seem to find much in the way of artwork for this classic game. Does anyone have any? At this stage all pieces are needed ;)

Thanks guys,

i do have a romstar 1942 header/marquee, and prob have a capcom/romstar boardset spare too. the williams uses the capcom boardset with some slightly diff roms (easy fix). wiring looms are easy.

i have a project on the go to repro the Williams 1942 version artwork. i have the sideart scanned, the bezel art scanned, and the CPO is a work in progress but about 75% there.

the cab these are designed for are williams 1980s cabs (sinistar etc style with vert monitor)

not sure about the romstar/capcom sideart.

baz
10th November 2010, 03:19 PM
1942 is a awesome game.

i personally would rather play it in a cocktail table.. but thats just me :)

andykmv
10th November 2010, 06:09 PM
i do have a romstar 1942 header/marquee, and prob have a capcom/romstar boardset spare too. the williams uses the capcom boardset with some slightly diff roms (easy fix). wiring looms are easy.

i have a project on the go to repro the Williams 1942 version artwork. i have the sideart scanned, the bezel art scanned, and the CPO is a work in progress but about 75% there.

the cab these are designed for are williams 1980s cabs (sinistar etc style with vert monitor)

not sure about the romstar/capcom sideart.

got a png file of the bezel art for the romstar 1942 but its not full size and its not vectorised so it pixelates at larger sizes..

Woody
11th November 2010, 02:00 PM
I have to admit, The Williams 1942 is nice. The artwork is great.

I just went through some old files and found a "romstar" bezel at 300x300 and 300dpi which blows up OK, but not great. Mind you, it's been a while and I am not convinced my memory serves me well as the bezel reminds me more of the Williams game than the romstar version....

Andy, what size is the bezel you have mate?

Cheers,

andykmv
12th November 2010, 06:34 PM
have a look here for the artwork i have been working on incl sample bezels

http://picasaweb.google.com/andykmv/1942#

bezel size would work out as same as sinistar bezel as it was designed as a kit for williams vertical monitor cabs. can measure up my joust2 cab bezel to work out dimensions

also check out artwork progress here

http://vectorlib2.free.fr/1942_bezel/1942_bezel.html

repro work is currently paused; will be restarted again soon

Woody
13th November 2010, 06:01 AM
Wow, nice work Andy. Looking good mate. Keep up the good Work :)

Woody
23rd November 2010, 05:04 PM
Has anyone got the CPO artwork?

I seem to recall the loop and fire artwork getting around at one stage??

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5917/1942cp.jpg

andykmv
6th January 2011, 11:29 AM
Woody,

i am in touch with an ebayer that has 1942 sideart, 1 piece, romstar version. and can get it shipped to melb for nix if you wanted to include it in my package.

check your pms for details

Cheers!
Andy

Woody
20th January 2011, 07:51 AM
Does anyone have a 1942 Romstar control panel they can take high res photos of for me? In particular the text box and artwork around the buttons.

Can't seem to find the detail anywhere at the moment.

Cheers,