PDA

View Full Version : Kings and Queens

kidamigo
30th October 2010, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone, ... a few pics first. If I get the pics up ok, I'll say a bit about them.20073200742007520076

Ok, pics seem to be up so ....Pics are of the stripped playfield I bought, which has been signed by the designer of 'Kings & Queens', whose name is Wayne Neyens. There's also two shots of a motor board I bought for K & Q. I'm still finishing it off, but it's mostly done. The other pic is the backboard for the head which I am making from scratch. When I first made enquiries about parts for K & Q, a guy in the US said he had a motor board, and a p'field with nothing on the playing side, but everything was still on the underneath side. It was because those two parts were available that I decided to have a go and build my own head, and complete the game. ... I have most parts rounded up, but am still looking for a cabinet/head box to put it in when complete. It's not as hard as it might be, as I also have a complete & working Kings & Queens to copy from. I'll update this thread as I go along. Cheers, Mark

Fish Tales
30th October 2010, 01:14 PM
certainly a thorough resto, looking like new :cool:

dezbaz
30th October 2010, 03:19 PM
Fantastic, all the best, looking 4ward to this :)

Foot
30th October 2010, 05:01 PM
Fantastic, all the best, looking 4ward to this :)

+1 Yep

kidamigo
12th December 2010, 03:00 PM
Here's a few pics of the wedgehead I got for K & Q. It was originally a 'High Hand' head. I replaced the front panel with new ply wood straight from the rack at Bunnings. I cut it out using a jig saw and 'Speed bore' type drill bits for the rounded 'corners'. The paint I use for the 'cream' colour is called 'Ladies fingers'. It's probably not on current charts but would still be in the computer data base of paint suppliers.2076720768207692077020771

Fish Tales
12th December 2010, 04:01 PM
what thickness ply? I am planning to do this myself on a wedgehead.

kidamigo
12th December 2010, 04:20 PM
As close as I can tell, it's about 6.5 mm. ... I taped the parts that I was going to saw, to minimise the 'rip & tear' of the saw blade. Plywood is prone to getting rough edges & splits.

cardini
12th December 2010, 04:24 PM
awesome result.... :)
but then, I wouldn't expect anything less from you Mark. :) great work.

Fish Tales
12th December 2010, 04:35 PM
As close as I can tell, it's about 6.5 mm. ... I taped the parts that I was going to saw, to minimise the 'rip & tear' of the saw blade. Plywood is prone to getting rough edges & splits.

thanks

kidamigo
13th December 2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks for that Andrew. It scrubbed up ok. I hope your meet was a great success and a lot of fun for all. I went to an end of year function for my wife's school, but would have preferred to play pinnie at your place! Thanks again for the wedgehead. Cheers, Mark

kidamigo
10th January 2011, 08:09 PM
I'll put up a few pics of the head I made for this project. What a huge relief to have this in working order. The 0-9 unit had to be rivited and wired as per an original Kings & Queens head. All other parts are original Gottlieb parts from this era. (Most parts came from a parted out Bank A Ball from the US)

... I need and will pay at least a couple of hundred for a cabinet. (Gottlieb1964-78). I'd much rather use a Gottlieb cabinet than get one made, so is there one out there for sale???

illawarra_steelers
13th January 2011, 07:43 PM
Missed this thread for some reason....she is coming along very nicely Mark. Top shelf work as per your usual extremely high standard.

Keep the updates coming :)