PDA

View Full Version : trip to save postage or does anyone want to pick up from bay area amusements san jose

surfer pinball
18th October 2010, 07:57 AM
call me mad but i'm considering or offering someone to go to usa and pick up my backglass. the reason is the cost of postage has gone from 189 to over $400 thats half and air fare, thinking out loud if there was anyone else wanting parts or back glasses upto 30kg spread the cost off postage by a few members towards airfare( and aholiday while your there) what do you guys reckon or just tell me to pull my head in and get it posted and dont be such a tight arse

Homepin
18th October 2010, 08:23 AM
Have you checked if a backglass would qualify as luggage? With packing it might be too large...:unsure

humpalot
18th October 2010, 08:31 AM
Yep US postage costs are a killer, thou $400 I'd be expecting a playfield.

As much as I dislike this bloke, it's worth a try. He had a heap of HH backglass made on acrylic a long time ago, the art work is the same that CPR used and these are actually nice repros (they are screen printed).

http://www.pinball.com.au/

Failing that I still have the original backglass from my machine. It's a little rough, but very usable.

sleazius
20th October 2010, 03:48 PM
I'm in the area at the moment, but probably won't have the space to take this with me unfortunately, I'm pretty sure this would exceed carry on size, and would class as another bag if it was boxed and stowed as luggage - I'll be dropping in at BAA in the next day or two if you'd like me to look into it.

kayakkingoz
20th October 2010, 08:13 PM
How many nights does this include:)