PDA

View Full Version : Huge arcade garage sale!!

GameDude
13th October 2010, 11:12 AM
OK I have Waaaaaaay to much arcade gear.... Cabinets (new and used) - PCB's (new and used) - Components like joysticks, PSU's, Harnesses ect (new and used)
I plan to get it all ready then host it say on a Saturday sometime soon (30th) :unsure maybe 23rd it all depends on how many are interested in looking... I will run the poll for a few days and decide then....
I will also be taking offers for some large ticket items if they dont sell at the marked prices....

Cash and Eftpos good to.....

Tell me what you guys think?

Address is 3353 Pacific Highway Springwood where GameDude is...

OK UPDATE... I have decided I may run it a few Saturdays for a Month or so till its all gone.... I will probably take heaps of photos and add them for interstate ppl that way if you see something you like you can ask me :D
Its going to be like an Arcade Graveyard... heaps of stuff spread out over 200sq meters or more....
http://www.gamedude.com.au/arcade/prod_show.php?art_no=graveyard
Its all hi res pics so your stuffed if you have an old PC or dialup ha ha ....

Interstate buyers have a look at the pics and ask questions if you like....
Freight I would prefer if you organise your own as getting quotes all over the place will be very time consuming...

Crafty
13th October 2010, 12:02 PM
Excellent idea for the locals, but I'm not one of them. :(

Good luck with the sale.

Mango
13th October 2010, 12:03 PM
indy is the 23rd i think so that might not be a good day for it

WOKA
13th October 2010, 12:21 PM
I'll be away the weekend of the 23rd, 30th is good..!

10% discount for wearing your AA shirt..!?

Boddah
13th October 2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I'd be keen for a look. Not sure what my budget will allow atm, but I do need a few new bits and pieces.

pistolpete78
13th October 2010, 01:10 PM
Not a bad way to spend an afternoon:)

Brad
13th October 2010, 01:13 PM
I can see it turning into an AA meet :D

Brad

acejas
13th October 2010, 01:55 PM
30th is the day of the Newcastle & Melbourne meet...i know...hows that affect QLD'ers...some might be going to one of teh formentioned meets ;)

shootar75
13th October 2010, 02:40 PM
Why not, might be able to find my 10 yard fight pcb!

Homepin
13th October 2010, 03:17 PM
I'm in Bris Sat 13th Nov so I would come for sure if it was on then.....

Foot
13th October 2010, 03:20 PM
Still have my $40 Scramble cab? :D

GameDude
13th October 2010, 03:29 PM
Still have my $40 Scramble cab? :D

Hell no that was an ugly cab I got rid of it ages ago ha ha :lol

Also I have updated the first post to reflect some ideas

NateDizzle
13th October 2010, 06:16 PM
Hell yeah this could be awesome! i saw on www.gamedude.com.au/arcade that you had some for under $400!! I'LL BE THERE!! Can't miss this!

Davefjedi
13th October 2010, 06:18 PM
Piccys for us southerners Mr Click N refresh:laugh:

nauseous
13th October 2010, 07:26 PM
Very Cool! I will see you all there :)

raysco
13th October 2010, 09:05 PM
Sounds like a great idea. Hey, that scramble cab wouldn't be this one would it ???

narf_
14th October 2010, 07:29 AM
nice idea

does garage sale mean we can rockup at your door 2 hours before your allocated time and then haggle you for cheap stuff

thats what the sods do over here :realmad:

Boddah
14th October 2010, 08:21 AM
An even better idea to spread it out over a couple weekends. No excuses for not having a look now :)

GameDude
14th October 2010, 09:40 AM
When I set it up I will take piccies will be about a week....

killa
15th October 2010, 07:42 PM
Start the sale tomorrow..I Just got my tax check and Im ready to spend :lol

braindead4221
18th October 2010, 01:02 PM
Sweeeet! I was actually looking to go up to buy some bits and pieces anyway. So if I head up this weekend, will you be doing the sale then?? Thanks!

GameDude
19th October 2010, 01:24 PM
Sweeeet! I was actually looking to go up to buy some bits and pieces anyway. So if I head up this weekend, will you be doing the sale then?? Thanks!

Not this weekend... its taken me 5 days to move all the cabs into the building and there is still PCB's and parts...
I plan to have a few things setup and maybe even do repairs as we go......
Prices will reflect current condition....
I will post alot of photos that way interstate guys can get a look at what I have....

killa
19th October 2010, 02:30 PM
Will the garage sale be held all day Saturday?

GameDude
19th October 2010, 03:16 PM
Will the garage sale be held all day Saturday?

I will open about 8am and go till 1pm ish.... but I may open during the week upon request or maybe for a few hours each day....
not sure yet.

braindead4221
20th October 2010, 07:29 PM
Just let us know what day you will be open and will there!

elvis
26th October 2010, 10:13 AM
I've had a sneak peek at the stuff on offer, and I can tell you now you guys will definitely want to be there. :cool:

Hollo
26th October 2010, 10:26 AM
For us guys who have no chance of being there, feel free to snap a few pics purely for the drool factor. :D

elvis
26th October 2010, 10:47 AM
For us guys who have no chance of being there, feel free to snap a few pics purely for the drool factor. :D
Pending permission from the 'Dude, I'll definitely do so.

GameDude
26th October 2010, 02:19 PM
Pending permission from the 'Dude, I'll definitely do so.

Ha ha no problems from me.... just starting to spread it all out now.... will try to get pictures up so interstaters can have a look and see if there is anything wanted....20001

Woody
26th October 2010, 06:30 PM
Hey Dorian, I am realy going to struggle to get down there :( Any chance you have any black MCA's in the lot? If so, any chance you might be able to put them aside for me?

killa
26th October 2010, 10:21 PM
I've had a sneak peek at the stuff on offer, and I can tell you now you guys will definitely want to be there. :cool:

I also got the chance to have peek when I picked up a cab on Saturday. I walked in, picked my jaw up off the ground and thought HOLY SH!T..Game Dude nows thats an understatement! Cabs and PCB's galore.

Don't miss out guys

GameDude
26th October 2010, 10:27 PM
Hey Dorian, I am realy going to struggle to get down there :( Any chance you have any black MCA's in the lot? If so, any chance you might be able to put them aside for me?

I will try to keep an eye out for it...
I did spend a large amount of two years collecting this stuff... I did have plans for it all but its not practical and I only want to keep choice items. I will however be putting it all up for sale and if I get a good offer on my keepers I will let them go to...
Plus I will never have the time to restore them all lol.... 100+ cabs at 2~4weeks each = no life ha ha...

opm881
28th October 2010, 10:33 AM
Been a while since Ive been on here, but heard about the sale from a post Elvis made on OCAU. Going to be on the coast this weekend and been looking for a new cab, might have to try and get up to brissy to have a look. Just out of curiosity, do you have any Arcade City cabs i think they are called? You have them listed as megalo city cabs?(the white plastic sit downs). Also, is there going to be a way to be able to organise freight? Just that I live back in cairns now and if I see a cab I want, might be a bit difficult to organise shipping and everything to get it back up there before I leave on the sunday.

elvis
28th October 2010, 10:57 AM
Speaking entirely for myself, I use these guys for freight on cabs:

Local: http://www.minimovers.com.au/

Interstate: http://www.borderexpress.com.au/

I think there's a few threads around here with other recommendations.

WOKA
28th October 2010, 07:14 PM
So is this on for this weekend or not...?

Davefjedi
28th October 2010, 08:51 PM
So is this on for this weekend or not...?
Guess no Mr click N refresh didnt post any piccys for me........ or are you going to PM me Dorian so I can have first dibbs for once?

click

refresh

F5

F5

F5

F5

:lol:lol:lol:lol

GameDude
29th October 2010, 01:58 PM
Guess no Mr click N refresh didnt post any piccys for me........ or are you going to PM me Dorian so I can have first dibbs for once?

You guys are funny lol... http://www.gamedude.com.au/arcade/prod_show.php?art_no=graveyard
Its all hi res pics so your stuffed if you have an old PC or dialup ha ha ....

Interstate buyers have a look at the pics and ask questions if you like....
Freight I would prefer if you organise your own as getting quotes all over the place will be very time consuming...

Brad
29th October 2010, 02:32 PM
So does this mean that it's confirmed for tomorrow? Also what about pricing?

Cheers,
Brad

Left jump left 1P
29th October 2010, 03:42 PM
Wow, that's a lot of stuff!! :o

WOKA
29th October 2010, 03:44 PM
Your selling my old Moon Cresta..!

Sacralidge.

Davefjedi
29th October 2010, 05:37 PM
Holy couch potato batman..... shit Dorian you have a problem mate you need to join AA.... Oh wait you already a member
PM sent

GameDude
30th October 2010, 08:08 AM
OK a few things... Please dont ask if the cabinets work... clearly I havnt tested them all.... If I did I would want a price that reflects that... there are a few that do work and are complete and a few listed on the arcade site.... as I test more I will list as such.....
I would prefer if you make an offer based on the pictures and I will go from there...

Hollo
30th October 2010, 09:54 AM
Nice range of cabs there! :o

ostybeef
30th October 2010, 01:30 PM
OK a few things... Please dont ask if the cabinets work... clearly I havnt tested them all.... If I did I would want a price that reflects that... there are a few that do work and are complete and a few listed on the arcade site.... as I test more I will list as such.....
I would prefer if you make an offer based on the pictures and I will go from there...

sorry mate didn't know if they were all dead or what not. now i noticed the "grave yard" title on the pics page haha

Charon
30th October 2010, 04:20 PM
one or 2 there i like but freight be a killer down to here i think any one near me buying any ?

GameDude
30th October 2010, 06:47 PM
During the week I will open on request... and I will open Saturday 8am till 12pm till I have sold it all pretty much.....

baz
31st October 2010, 05:31 PM
may i ask how much do you want for the blue taito space invaders and the red lai space invader cabinets ?

cheers baz

GameDude
1st November 2010, 11:38 AM
may i ask how much do you want for the blue taito space invaders and the red lai space invader cabinets ?

cheers baz

Alot :lol The Blue is missing the rear door and the ball on the CP and the Red is pretty much complete the fault is chassis related when last checked.

baz
1st November 2010, 02:56 PM
il take em both.

its mainly so i can use both the cabinets to restore my two here plus for reproduction parts . maybe send me a pm ?

narf_
1st November 2010, 08:39 PM
hmm baz paid nearly 2k for a SI part 2 and wanted to pay 3k for asteroids

i can see dorian closing shop once these are sold :lol and going on a holiday

elvis
1st November 2010, 09:04 PM
Man it's tempting to get an old TMNT cab for a dual TMNT/Simpsons setup for the kids.

I've spent way too much on gaming this quarter, and promised the wife to back off a bit. But my self control is waning...

The Pinny Parlour
1st November 2010, 09:09 PM
TMNT/Simpsons setup for the kids.

Kids huh? ;) Will she buy that one? :lol

elvis
1st November 2010, 09:47 PM
Kids huh? ;) Will she buy that one? :lol
Heh. Yeah, she can read me like a book. :)

baz
2nd November 2010, 09:12 AM
:)

baz
2nd November 2010, 09:52 AM
hmm baz paid nearly 2k for a SI part 2 and wanted to pay 3k for asteroids

i can see dorian closing shop once these are sold :lol and going on a holiday

nope i dont think its gona happen.

someone else grabbing them lol

killa
2nd November 2010, 09:19 PM
So whats left in stock? Did the lucky buggers who got there in the weekend raid the joint? I had to work last Saturday and Im rostered to do the next 3 :x Guess ill find myself fighting for the scraps once I finally get a day off to come down and have a squiz :(

Woody
4th March 2011, 01:31 PM
How did this go dorian? Did you move alot of gear? Many cabs left?

GameDude
4th March 2011, 11:26 PM
How did this go dorian? Did you move alot of gear? Many cabs left?

I got rid of quite a few but also have quite a few left that need to go....

andykmv
5th March 2011, 06:19 AM
could u post some pics of the remainders ?

darklightlantern
5th March 2011, 01:50 PM
I'd be keen to visit but it's abit of a drive so i'd prefer to know what's there or at least some pics?

Charon
5th March 2011, 04:38 PM
any loyboys left mate?