PDA

View Full Version : US$700 CREATURE FROM BLACK LAGOON HOLOGRAM : $25 CFTBL TOY fix

devil rider
11th October 2010, 05:52 PM
I cant believe anybody would pay US$700 for a hologram..........a joke? Not.

over 1000 EBAYERS looked in on this one as the $ REELS clicked over

the creature seems to appear desperate to halt the frenzy in the auction photo
almost pleading with the NUTTERS the fact that "I'm a monster but I am not FU#KING CRAZY!!!!!

heres a 45 minute / $25 fix for all those who missed out and havent a clue what to do with their empty pond

I have relocated the mirror motor assembly to the hologram plate and extended the wires
accordingly

You then have to trim the fins of the back of the model to make a flat surface to screw through
the top mirror bolt hole into the middle of the back of the toy

I cut a slot along the 90 degree bend on the motor bolt baseplate from the top to about
20mm from the end (any further and you would cut the bolt hole mounting plate off) and bent the
tab i created down about 10mm so the TOY sits parallel with the underside of the LAGOON

then all you have to do is drill 1 hole 90mm across & 60mm up from the bottom left corner of the
hologram plate and bolt the MOTOR assembly & CREATURE onto the plate

I have placed a couple of old WHITEWATER BOULDERS on the sides for effect

You now have a REAL 3D CREATURE that "Rock & Rolls " from side to side when you find him

the CREATURE is made by a company called FUNKO FORCE and costs about $25 ;)

get a Soldering Iron, ruler, angle grinder with a MEGALINE ultra thin disc & a drill

and GET ON IT

Homepin
11th October 2010, 06:12 PM
I'm with you - but you know what the 'purists' can be like :p

Arcade King
11th October 2010, 06:22 PM
Good on you for showing some imagination :) Its only a matter of time before all the CFBL holograms shit themselves.

shootar75
11th October 2010, 06:36 PM
Good on you for showing some imagination :) Its only a matter of time before all the CFBL holograms shit themselves.

precisely why i'd never consider one.

wamprat
12th October 2010, 01:14 AM
Looks like the Gillman shrunk and put on some mega weight.:confused:

wamprat
12th October 2010, 08:38 AM
That toy would look like the crazy frog if you putt goggles and a scarf on it.:lol

Homepin
12th October 2010, 08:51 AM
these holos are very simple and inexpensive to make, minimum order 1000pcs but only around $7 each - but we all know why it hasn't (yet) been done............

wamprat
12th October 2010, 08:55 AM
these holos are very simple and inexpensive to make, minimum order 1000pcs but only around $7 each - but we all know why it hasn't (yet) been done............

No I didn't know they were easy to make,surely it could be done on the side?
If I knew how I would do it for myself for sure.

Homepin
12th October 2010, 08:57 AM
No I didn't know they were easy to make,surely it could be done on the side?
If I knew how I would do it for myself for sure.

I have had a similar thing made for a customer several years ago now. It is 'simple' in the sense that it is dead easy for the right Chinese factory to make (as were the originals by the way) not easy for someone to make at home.

humpalot
12th October 2010, 09:07 AM

Yeah I found the same problem, being a min order of 1000.

Wotto
12th October 2010, 11:01 AM
Can someone explain what it is exactly that makes the holgram fade away to nothingness?
At the end of the day the parts are

A globe
A mirror
A piece of film with an image on it.

My CFTBL hologram is pretty good actually and I cant understand what happens to them over time?

Personally I dont see it as a HUGE deal in making a decision whether or not to own this title as it REALLY doent come on 'that' often in gameplay.

YES it is an important part of the game appearance wise but for something that would only be seen at most 5% of the gameplay time I fail to see the big deal made of it. The most common question I get asked when people play the game is 'when does the creature appear'

wamprat
12th October 2010, 11:19 AM
Can someone explain what it is exactly that makes the holgram fade away to nothingness?
At the end of the day the parts are

A globe
A mirror
A piece of film with an image on it.

My CFTBL hologram is pretty good actually and I cant understand what happens to them over time?

Personally I dont see it as a HUGE deal in making a decision whether or not to own this title as it REALLY doent come on 'that' often in gameplay.

YES it is an important part of the game appearance wise but for something that would only be seen at most 5% of the gameplay time I fail to see the big deal made of it. The most common question I get asked when people play the game is 'when does the creature appear'

I agree totally, there is so much more to this game than the hologram and although it lights up during multiball I am far too busy watching the 2 balls than the creech. Having said that I will miss him when he goes to the bottom of the black lagoon for good. My holo is in good shape too but I am going to try the greenup holo kit as well which is just a green led and a green mirror as a backup.

Savage
18th October 2010, 10:56 PM
Couldn't you do the same method that the creature in Monsterbash is done. Affect is great and looks more closer to the creature in CFTBL

wingtipvortex
18th October 2010, 11:16 PM
I think the hologram is important in this pin, after all, its based on a 3D movie and the hologram is a feature which follows the whole movie/theme. If ya theme a pin, its gotta work 100% or whats the point?

GEE
19th October 2010, 12:34 AM
$99 DIY hologram kit: here (http://www.holokits.com/holography_kit_1g.htm?gclid=CNWE7vrQ3KQCFQjObgodfh 0AKw).

humpalot
19th October 2010, 05:46 AM
$99 DIY hologram kit: here (http://www.holokits.com/holography_kit_1g.htm?gclid=CNWE7vrQ3KQCFQjObgodfh 0AKw).

But they aren't green :cry

stuba
19th October 2010, 08:27 AM
maybe the new owners of the bally rights will make them?

i reckon they'll get made, just a matter of time.

wamprat
19th October 2010, 08:31 AM
Gamestencils.com has green up kits as well. They consist of a green mirror and green led, I have one on the way and at $40 delivered it will be well worth the try when GILL starts to fade.
Had a muck around with my original mirror and lamp yesterday. After adjusting the mirror back a touch and the lamp forward a touch my holo is even greener and clearer than before.
I agree the MB GILLMAN effect is also cool and worth a thought.

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

maybe the new owners of the bally rights will make them?

i reckon they'll get made, just a matter of time.

Prob with the release of the films remake with any luck. Due for 2014,hopefully.

blue95
19th October 2010, 05:23 PM
One of them hologram kits and a Monster Bash creature toy to use with it would make a pretty good replacement.

LOTR4U
19th October 2010, 07:01 PM

Because the statue the original was modelled on is not around anymore? :unsure

devil rider
19th October 2010, 11:35 PM
Rick from Planetary Pinball was very prompt in his reply to my enquiry regarding the "re-issue" of CFTBL HOLOGRAMS

Heres his thoughts...........QUOTE:

"Has been attempted before and with some issues in the results. We will look into what can be done here,
but that particular part has a 3rd party license that needs to be acquired as well as there is a patent involved,
as well as difficulty in getting the item made as the process has mainly been forgotten ... but you never know ...
rick"

DKong
19th October 2010, 11:48 PM
All this fuss over a $10..00 part, really!!

Arcade King
20th October 2010, 06:32 AM
Hopefully Rick joins up on AA and gives us some inside info :) I'm not sure if thats him lurking around under the Bay Area Amusements username.

I agree though it is a $10 part made expensive by the 3rd party licence. There's certainly nothing special about the hologram.

Homepin
20th October 2010, 07:41 AM
Hopefully Rick joins up on AA and gives us some inside info :) I'm not sure if thats him lurking around under the Bay Area Amusements username.

I agree though it is a $10 part made expensive by the 3rd party licence. There's certainly nothing special about the hologram.

"as the process has mainly been forgotten"

Not by the Chinese it hasn't been :D

wamprat
20th October 2010, 09:28 AM
There's certainly nothing special about the hologram.[/QUOTE]

It makes a cool pin a ****ing cool pin.

pinsanity
11th November 2010, 07:13 PM
Another attempt at a repro this time from pinballheaven in the UK:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hologram-Creature-Black-Lagoon-NEW-/250723385147?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item3a60473f3b

pistonsix
11th November 2010, 07:49 PM
"as the process has mainly been forgotten"

Not by the Chinese it hasn't been :D

Chinese +1

devil rider
15th June 2011, 12:31 AM
perhaps future NOS CFTBL hologram ebay auctions might need payment with one of these.....:lol

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Creature-Black-Lagoon-One-Million-Note-/220707516936?pt=AU_Movie_Memorabilia&hash=item3363317208

DR