PDA

View Full Version : wottos web site

catty
1st January 2006, 10:36 PM
Hey wotto. Is there something wrong with your site or is it my side. Some of the text seems to be missing when you scroll down on some of the pages, and its kind of half in the pics. I was just checking out the gorgar stuff about making a new cab and noticed it.

Catty

The Pinny Parlour
1st January 2006, 10:52 PM
Hey wotto. Is there something wrong with your site or is it my side. Some of the text seems to be missing when you scroll down on some of the pages, and its kind of half in the pics. I was just checking out the gorgar stuff about making a new cab and noticed it.

Catty
Are you viewing with firefox? There are some issues with the design of that site and firefox.

catty
1st January 2006, 11:00 PM
No. I am just using windows xp. Do I need something else to look at the site?:unsure

The Pinny Parlour
1st January 2006, 11:03 PM
I mean is your internet browser firefox? It shouldn't matter what Operating system your using. But by the sounds of it your just using IE. From memory now I do remember it may have had something to do with the resolution.

<cut from Wottos site> Site updated February 2005 - Best viewed in Explorer at 1024 x 768 settings - unfortunately it is not a Firefox friendly site.</cut from Wottos site>

catty
1st January 2006, 11:07 PM
Yeah saw that to. I am running ie explorer service pack 2, with res 1024X 768. Are you getting the same problems?

Catty

The Pinny Parlour
1st January 2006, 11:29 PM
I use Firefox, but I cranked up IE for the exercise. Check the image below

Wotto's knows these issues, he used text boxes to create the site, :o (not the best method).

2nd image with resolution at 1024x768

catty
2nd January 2006, 07:30 AM
Hmm. I rechecked my resolution and its 1024 x 768. I migbht check it on another computer and see what happens.

Ta catty

Wotto
2nd January 2006, 01:08 PM
Hi guys,

I know issues are with how I built the site and some PC settings- I have dead set had nearly a year of arguments with my ISP ( Kooee.com ) and I actually sorted it on New Years Day with a guy there who actually took the time to listen and look and advise me that 2 bloody arrows ( long story ) had been stuffing up my access !! - So now I can change and alter etc my site ( first thing I did was dump my links to Arcade 80's - LOL ) and I am now considering how to re-build the site TOTALLY over the next few months.

Would like to investigate the use of Flash on some pages but just planning it all out on paper right now.

Cheers and thanks for your continued interest in my site.:D

Wotto

The Pinny Parlour
2nd January 2006, 01:29 PM
Cheers and thanks for your continued interest in my site.:D

Wotto

Mate, thank you. The resto work you do is awesome, and it's a pleasure to view how you rebuilt/resto your machines. I like how you document it all. Great stuff.

My web site building is limited (can't you tell by my html based site?), but if I can help I will.

catty
2nd January 2006, 06:18 PM
Wotto, easily the best site for info on pin restos. I can see you leaving your day job and making something out of the hobby.

I looked at the site on my other computer. It seemed okay there. It must be my laptop.:unsure

Catty

Wotto
3rd January 2006, 12:59 PM
Wait till you see it mid this year IF what I have planned all works out !!!:o

Arcade King
3rd January 2006, 01:18 PM
I like the look of the updated links page ;)

catty
4th January 2006, 07:41 AM
Right I figured it out. If you are having problems viewing the web site, missing sentences etc, then change the text in the view on the top control panel to medium. I had my setting on large(dunno why) when I changed it to medium everthing looked better and now I can read wottos site, and probably any other site I thought was stuffed but was me.

:)

catty