PDA

View Full Version : monitor black with a green line

cazanth1
29th November 2006, 04:16 PM
hi, i dont know much about it but one day will have my cocktail tabe restored, my first problem is when you switch it on you can hear the power is on the screen is black with a green line thru the middle, whats my problem and how much am i looking at to get it fixed?

RetroGame
29th November 2006, 04:26 PM
Check that all the connectors are plugged in properly and not corroded, if that doesn't make any difference I would suggest taking it to a professional. It usually works out cheaper to get someone who knows what they are doing to fix the problem rather than risk damaging something expensive to replace.

Davefjedi
29th November 2006, 04:29 PM
if you coin it up can you hear the game playing ???
what size screen is it?

cazanth1
29th November 2006, 04:31 PM
we cant get the damn thing open, it clipped itself shut on the way home, a friend gave it to us from his work, no keys, no idea what games in there ,cant wait to find out, owning a cocktail table has been my life long dream

i measured from diagonal on monitor, 13 inches

Prof
29th November 2006, 05:01 PM
Sounds like the vertical deflection is shot. Could be a handfull of parts to repair. Or you could go a Joemac chassis.

cazanth1
29th November 2006, 07:43 PM
how much cash would i be looking at in getting that fixed

Davefjedi
29th November 2006, 07:48 PM
Jomac just did a chasis for me cost me 105.00 that was including freight from WA to Vic
look him up he is a member here

DKong
29th November 2006, 07:49 PM
Your cheapest option would be to replace the monitor chassis yourself "Highly Dangerous" if you don't know much about electronics. around $100-$130 for a new monitor chassis. Get the thing open first "Don't touch anything near the back of the monitor" and desribe the monitor chassis or even better post a pic..

edit have a look at this too!

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=1797

narf_
29th November 2006, 07:58 PM
i had a similar prob with mine when i bought it home from the garage sale it booted like that and made a horrible wining noise. What i did (rather stupidly not knowing and will never do again) was wiggle the neckboard. What happened was the board being positioned the way it is and the pins holding it up had wiggled loose.

if you can get inside try removing the neckboard clean if dusty and re attaching it and fingers crossed. Its easy and free to try lucky the seller never knew that and sold it to me for a fiver :D

cazanth1
30th November 2006, 09:43 PM
like i said im new to it all whats vertical deflection, and youre gonna cringe what parts the chassis, next i wanna know which ones the any key