PDA

View Full Version : projects price

aeames
27th July 2010, 09:51 PM
hopefully im not wearing out my welcome with questions
what is the average price for a project machine what should i be looking at spending (i know it depends on whats wrong and work ect) but if someone can give me some ideas. condition to cost ect

thanks again

shootar75
27th July 2010, 09:59 PM
questions we can handle - answers are the hard part...

need to know what type of machine - how old etc, title. Really is a very long piece of string...

aeames
27th July 2010, 10:05 PM
to be honest i dont really know depends on what i can find would love an IJ machine but id also want a T2 with addons ,T3,JPLW, TAF, SP, LW3 or TMNT so just dpends on what i fond at what price just trying to work it out so i dont get ripped off

tnpshow
27th July 2010, 11:01 PM
to be honest i dont really know depends on what i can find would love an IJ machine but id also want a T2 with addons ,T3,JPLW, TAF, SP, LW3 or TMNT so just dpends on what i fond at what price just trying to work it out so i dont get ripped off

You would be better off finding a machine and then asking for opinions on pricing.

Your list above ranges from $1500 to $6000 depending on condition so it's a bit hard asking people to make a list...

aeames
27th July 2010, 11:07 PM
sorry i think you misunderstood the question i am trying to get a rough idea of what i should be paying for a project quality machine, things broken, missing ect like was should i expect for $500 to $1000 or is it more

pistolpete78
27th July 2010, 11:18 PM
You probably won't find a number of those titles in project condition (not easily anyway). Maybe best to have an idea what the total budget is as a project Indy will likely set you back much more than a project tmnt - it boils down to what needs to be done and the value of the finished product.

Is the project a keeper or to sell on? If it's to keep, decide what you would like to have and keep playing. A lot of things to think about really but we all start somewhere so as long as you're happy with what you go with thats the main thing. Maybe check out ipdb and YouTube to see what games interest you and play as many as you can. If you know you're going to love the game when it's finished I will bet the work will be more enjoyable.
Posted via Mobile Device

aeames
27th July 2010, 11:25 PM
well thats the point its not only the fact i love playing pinball games i love fixing things pulling them apart restoring them ect so i dont want one that just requires some paint and buff out some scratches but to be closer to a total rebuild and it is a keeper project not a sell on for profit, i just dont want to get ripped off and being new just trying to work out what worth what, and i have got that for fully restored machines but its harder to find it from the project side, those titles where my dream list i am open to anything really thats in that era of machine

Pop Bumper Pete
28th July 2010, 02:45 AM
You also really need to see the machine

Is it a project for a reason?
Is the cacinet sound, or are the plys of wood peeling apart?
is the cabinet falling apart with no hope for it to be stuck together again?
Are the parts missing made of unobtainium?
Have wiring harnesses been cut in half?
have the harnesses been soldered to the circuit boards?
Are all the metal parts full of rust?
Has the machine been stored on its end, and the area been subjected to water damage?

DKong
28th July 2010, 03:09 AM
You also really need to see the machine

Is it a project for a reason?
Is the cacinet sound, or are the plys of wood peeling apart?
is the cabinet falling apart with no hope for it to be stuck together again?
Are the parts missing made of unobtainium?
Have wiring harnesses been cut in half?
have the harnesses been soldered to the circuit boards?
Are all the metal parts full of rust?
Has the machine been stored on its end, and the area been subjected to water damage?

Exactly, really it takes eyes of experience to know what's worthwhile and there is reason for that, experience, years of ploughing through pinballs to find the one.
Would you buy a rusted out Monaro sitting in a paddock hoping to drive it soon , no, would you buy a pinball falling apart at the seams hoping to play it soon no ;)

Fish Tales
28th July 2010, 07:22 AM
sorry i think you misunderstood the question i am trying to get a rough idea of what i should be paying for a project quality machine, things broken, missing ect like was should i expect for $500 to $1000 or is it more

Forr your 1k you are likely to get bad playfield wear, and rough cabinet, but you wont get a shitty indy for less than 2k

turtles is a chance at 1k, but they are not easy to find in any condition, and are kinda popular with newbies. LW3 probably your best bet from your list, best chance of a project around 1k anyway.

Virgil Tracy
28th July 2010, 11:31 AM
Here is an example of recent project machine I sold for $1000 http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=34009

aeames
28th July 2010, 04:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Street-Fighter-Pinball-Machine-/380254059454?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item5888e87bbe

ok so everything i have read and been told tells me that this one is way to cheap whats everyone else think

WOKA
28th July 2010, 04:54 PM
Its still got 5 days to go.. That same machine sold for about $1300 ~ $1400 (from memory) a couple of weeks ago. I wonder why its relisted..?

But maybe that's what you should be looking for.. However, from Melbourne, factor in another $250'ish for freight, most likely to a depot, then you have to get it from the depot to your place.

IMO - that macine in good working condition is worth $1500.00 so again factor repairs etc into your costings and draw your own conslusion. :shrug:

pistolpete78
28th July 2010, 05:17 PM
Maybe ask the seller what faults there are, then you may be able to get an idea on the cost to fix them before the auction finishes, and then decide if you want to bid.

If you got that machine for $280 - bargain (probably;)). There's (or was recently)a fully working SF for sale on the forum for $1,450 so that might give you a guide to where your maximum spend would want to be including any work you do to this one.

To me the price of a project works like this:

Value of end product/completed project - cost to get it to the completed stage = value of as is project.

So the equation is totally different for every machine.

Then you decide if you want a return for your time/effort in the project or any profit if you were to sell it, this comes off the as is price.

Fish Tales
28th July 2010, 05:50 PM
that title needs to be sub 1k as a project, but that is prob a little better than a project pin :unsure

not a complex game, so as a first attempt at repairs prob a safer option

Homepin
28th July 2010, 05:57 PM
Its still got 5 days to go.. That same machine sold for about $1300 ~ $1400 (from memory) a couple of weeks ago. I wonder why its relisted..?

from the listing:

"this pinball has been relisted

only bid if you are going to pay"

says it all really...

narf_
28th July 2010, 06:14 PM
for a project its best to get a working project IMO

find one that someone has either commercial or collector that is in working order but needs love

sometimes importers get them out the container fire up check for errors ect and sell as is. these ususally need a good clean ect and what else comes with a project but at least it is running

Pinball Warehouse
28th July 2010, 06:20 PM
If you want a project, drop in on your way to Cairns, I have another 75 pinballs arriving here late August. Should be able to help you out with a good cheap pinball that works.

aeames
28th July 2010, 06:34 PM
thanks mate been reading some of your other posts you where on my list of day trips once up there

WOKA
28th July 2010, 10:11 PM
from the listing:

"this pinball has been relisted

only bid if you are going to pay"

says it all really...

Thanks for the 'Reading 101 lesson' Mike..

I just proof read it as I assumed it was a usual PSP 'relist'..